[Merch] Evangelion Merchandise 2, or, Why Do I Keep Buying Things!?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

[Merch] Evangelion Merchandise 2, or, Why Do I Keep Buying Things!?

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu May 08, 2014 6:20 am

Continued from the Gainax Cash Cow thread:

So, you want to impress your girlfriend with a necklace? Well, why on Earth would you wanna do that when you can just get a DSS Choker for yourself instead?

It blends especially well when worn with any standard Japanese school uniform. It can also hide nicely under your plug suit. (If you know what I mean. Amiright? :naughty: It’s sure to make your partner’s head spin!)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu May 08, 2014 6:33 am

:rofl:
Oh god that's of such bad taste I can't even...

Except for cosplay I just can't see any occasion to wear that thing, not only for what it represent in the movie, but also because that device is not very beautiful, besides even the product above isn't very good : looks more like a dog collar to which they glued two cheap red plastic rectangles, which is probably exactly what they did.

And they sell that 44$! That's ten dollars more than the 3.0 Groundwork that's infinitely more interesting!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu May 08, 2014 8:13 am

Chokers are not, that is not.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Re: Eva Merchandise 2, or, Why Do I Keep Buying Things!?

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu May 08, 2014 8:26 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:So, you want to impress your girlfriend with a necklace?

You mean boyfriend

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:You mean boyfriend

SHH! The fake character in this fictional scenario isn’t ready to come out of the closet yet.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 pm

I might buy it if it looked better. That one doesn't appeal to me at all.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Wondering why a black metal with some lining to prevent chafing wasn't used. There were replica Battle Royal collars I remember from 10 years ago that used metal.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu May 08, 2014 4:25 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:You mean boyfriend

Can't it be both?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu May 08, 2014 5:06 pm

That depends entirely on how well you can play the piano.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Sat May 10, 2014 5:08 pm

that is so cheap and tacky… even for my taste
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat May 10, 2014 11:33 pm

A Unit 01 wristwatch is being released (ANN link here). The problem is that it's almost $2500. It look pretty damn nice too.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat May 10, 2014 11:41 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:A Unit 01 wristwatch is being released (ANN link here). The problem is that it's almost $2500. It look pretty damn nice too.

The only eva watch I'd ever consider buying is one of the casio G-shock ones, you won't constantly worry about breaking it 'cause those things are tough and it doesn't cost a mint to wear on your wrist.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:15 am

Wait, there are Eva fans out there that can blow this kind of $$$$ on a watch? I want to be one of them.

Honestly though, I first saw this watch on Instagram and that watch face did not strike me at all.
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun May 11, 2014 2:08 am

I don't have that kind of money, and if I did, I wouldn't spend it on a watch. And particularly not that watch. :facepalm:

However, I'm sure there's somebody out there that'll like it. Just 'cause I don't find it appealing doesn't mean it ain't good.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun May 11, 2014 10:09 am

If I had that kind of money to put towards a watch, I'd want something legitimate, like an Omega Speedmaster, a Cartier Tank, or a Rolex Submariner.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:16 pm

Whenever something high end or pricey like this comes up the consideration is blow all that money on one item or spread it out over multiple, like 10 RAHs.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Mon May 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Bought a bunch of Eva crap from ACen. Most of it's NTE stuff, but still pretty happy with it. The three guests that visit my apartment a year will know of my true Eva love.

SPOILER: Show
Sakura, Maya, Shinji. Really like these three, although Shinji's face doesn't look like Shinji's face. The Sakura figure looks great.

NTE SEGA figures. I always wanted a Rei in entry plug figure. Bought the Shinji on a whim because he's my boy. Both figures are holding SDATs

Cute Asuka button to go with a cute Rei button I bought last year.

Keychains. The Nigouki was from one of those Eva@school random things. Got a Sahaquiel one last year; if I got another I would stop being an eva fan.

Episode 19 shirt. Mostly only bought it because Ep. 19 was crucial in my eva fandom.

Pretty program

Mark. 09. It was either this or a Sangouki model which I kinda wish I woulda bought. Oh well, there's always next year. :kawaii:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue May 20, 2014 2:50 am

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:
Sakura, Maya, Shinji. Really like these three, although Shinji's face doesn't look like Shinji's face. The Sakura figure looks great.

Is that Maya from her brief appearance in casual clothes during the Yamashita scene in 2.0?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue May 20, 2014 10:24 am

Looks like it to me. That scene really helped to make the character a little more 3D (well, at least for that particular episode.)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue May 20, 2014 10:26 am

Shinji is staring at Maya's ass :lol:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”