FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:20 am

I feel Rebuild fanfic that ships Asuka and Shinji to be very unrealistic. Given the circumstances at the end of the movie.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Glor
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:51 am

View Original PostRay wrote:I feel Rebuild fanfic that ships Asuka and Shinji to be very unrealistic. Given the circumstances at the end of the movie.

Rebuild is a weird place anyway, but yeah, shipping in that verse without a lot of struggle/reconciling feels cheap and unbelievable. But how do your reconcile stuff in fanfic if you don't know what the hell is supposed to be reconciled in the first place? What is everyone's struggle and why?

MAKE IT UP I GUESS.
Rite of Reclamation - an Evangelion/Halo fusion, check it out, is pretty neat.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:09 pm

There's plenty to work with, actually - see my post-Q fic (though that doesn't have an A-S ending).

Or maybe you feel my solution is cheap and unbelievable, in which case I can only apologise for disturbing you...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Sad, sad Shinji... (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Glor
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Sure, plenty to work with, the difficulty is how to write it without the story reading as contrived?

And considering Afterwards put in the time and effort to achieve reconciliation, I'd say it mostly falls out of range of my comment, yeah? Doesn't matter much anyway. You can't please everybody, so don't take it personally.
Rite of Reclamation - an Evangelion/Halo fusion, check it out, is pretty neat.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:12 pm

View Original PostGlor wrote:Sure, plenty to work with, the difficulty is how to write it without the story reading as contrived?

And considering Afterwards put in the time and effort to achieve reconciliation, I'd say it mostly falls out of range of my comment, yeah? Doesn't matter much anyway. You can't please everybody, so don't take it personally.

Thanks - I guess I over-reacted a bit. Of course, there also has to be a lot of guesswork, especially as the story is unfinished - so I don't expect the true ending which is on its way to have much, if anything, in common with mine!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Sad, sad Shinji... (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Fanfiction”