FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:05 am

Rebooting

from

View Original PostNemZ wrote:So, hands up, how many people here read or write Eva fanfics?

to

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Er, what? Shinji/Asuka relationship writing advice in this topic too?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:06 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Er, what? Shinji/Asuka relationship writing advice in this topic too?

Let's face it.

If they ever were to remotely work, they'd need a lot of relationship advice.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:24 pm

But the sort that usually involves getting locked in a room and refused food or water until you like each other.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 pm

^
I can't tell if you're joking at the situation at the end of EoE, or if you're being serious about it's futility. :P

I PRAY it's the former. :P
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:29 am

I'm done with it. No more ooc-peggy sue's. I'm sick of it.
Guys did you have some fic's recommended? A while ago
i started reading english fic (at the moment chapter 12 scar tissues).
But im sick of the german fics. Nothing new.
Recommend something. S/R, S/A, AU, Post 3I, Post 3.33 or
something completly new (age rating all - even with lemon, or lime).
Could you please supply me with fics you like very much? (2nd try - already read it)
Only one in particular you liked very much. Or which jumps into your mind at first.

thanks
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Let's face it.

If they ever were to remotely work, they'd need a lot of relationship advice.

Well, that holds for the whole of the cast, of course. Heck, even Misato and Kaji would need some help at this point.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 am

View Original PostSEELE wrote:I'm done with it. No more ooc-peggy sue's. I'm sick of it.
Could you please supply me with fics you like very much? (2nd try - already read it)
Only one in particular you liked very much. Or which jumps into your mind at first.

thanks

Neon Genesis Evangelion: That Which Could (not) Happen by Mr. M.Mars reviews is a very good retelling starting from early NGE, where events then gradually deviate from canon.

Gob Hobblin also has many brilliant fics under his FFnet profile. I'm surre you'll find something you like there.
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:07 pm

And if anyone is looking for a good Crossover, "Shinji and the Doctor" has just updated. ^_^

So far, the Doctor has discovered Lilith, gave a HUGE blow to Asuka's ego with less than 118 words, and is now prepared to battle wits against GENDO IKARI! ANY BETS PEOPLE?!?! :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:11 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:And if anyone is looking for a good Crossover, "Shinji and the Doctor" has just updated. ^_^

So far, the Doctor has discovered Lilith, gave a HUGE blow to Asuka's ego with less than 118 words, and is now prepared to battle wits against GENDO IKARI! ANY BETS PEOPLE?!?! :lol:

You write that story? If so it's pretty good.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:28 pm

View Original PostSEELE wrote:Guys did you have some fic's recommended?
Well, there was the whole previous thread...

And I'm always happy to pimp my own works (see .sig), which, being the eccentric I am, go way out in left field and stay there :tongue:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:35 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Well, there was the whole previous thread...

And I'm always happy to pimp my own works (see .sig), which, being the eccentric I am, go way out in left field and stay there :tongue:

I'll definitely take a look at your works. Silly me. I recently joined the forum. I kinda like alien to this style. Like Shinji. :shinji_eyebrow: But my early post was more about "what comes up to your mind for a ff that you would recommend to a greenhorn like me.
Last edited by SEELE on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:52 pm

View Original PostSEELE wrote:I'm done with it. No more ooc-peggy sue's. I'm sick of it.

thanks

Since you like Scar Tissue would you like some darkfics? These are all going to be pretty depressing.

[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/483402/1/Aoi[/url]

Pretty much anything from this guy
[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/u/819499/Adam-Kadmon[/url]

I use to think this was the darkest of the dark Obsession

[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5269925/1/The-End-Is-the-Beginning[/url]

These are all very dark, read at your own peril.

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:13 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Since you like Scar Tissue would you like some darkfics? These are all going to be pretty depressing.

[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/483402/1/Aoi[/url]

Pretty much anything from this guy
[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/u/819499/Adam-Kadmon[/url]

I use to think this was the darkest of the dark Obsession

[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5269925/1/The-End-Is-the-Beginning[/url]

These are all very dark, read at your own peril.

Thanks, i read Aoi awhile ago but it was unsatisfying because there was no mind screw.
This whole thing was screwing. I not asking in particular for "Dark fic", i'm asking for "your"
fic that pops up into your mind. Things you liked (besides 2nd try, the one i love ..., and so on) or
recommended for other peoples. But thanks at all. At the moment im surfing through the older
threads to find something. You can even recommend some shipping fics if you want to.
As long as its reasonable character development or in other way well written.

edit: Scar Tissues was not a dark fic in particular. Its a "little" bit canon with a mature and
heart-wrenching theme, and some reasonable traumas from Asuka (even if im not into shipping).
Its get lighter from chapter to chapter. But it kinda takes forever for the author to update.
Somebody might argue that this whole "rape" was kinda dark? Nah, the author did it for the sake
of Shinji's "innocents". He wanted to Asuka take his virginity. Fetish? Yes. I would say 8 months
is a little bit much but ... well what else to say? :hahaha:
Last edited by SEELE on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:18 pm

View Original PostSEELE wrote:Thanks, i read Aoi awhile ago but it was unsatisfying because there was no mind screw.
This whole thing was screwing. I not asking in particular for "Dark fic", i'm asking for "your"
fic that pops up into your mind. Things you liked (besides 2nd try, the one i love ..., and so on) or
recommended for other peoples. But thanks at all. At the moment im surfing through the older
threads to find something. You can even recommend some shipping fics if you want to.
As long as its reasonable character development or in other way well written.

Try this [url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3470043/1/Evangelion_Genocide_Extended[/url], it was decent enough and it eventually becomes A/S.

Edit: Scar Tissue was pretty dark Good Sir, Asuka does things that canon Asuka certainly wouldn't do.

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:28 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Try this [url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3470043/1/Evangelion_Genocide_Extended[/url], it was decent enough and it eventually becomes A/S.

Edit: Scar Tissue was pretty dark Good Sir, Asuka does things that canon Asuka certainly wouldn't do.

But i can understand her action based on the trauma. Shinji let her eaten alive, and shred her apart. Some broken bones, ribs and pierced lungs are not the same. It feels heart-wrenching even if im not that A/S shipper. The time of the torture was a bit out of space. 8 months probaly could have Shinji make mentally "destroyed". On this state nobody would be able to take a real relationship or being intimate. (i count it down on 2 month) Shinji would simply not get somebody near him. Every hug would be torture for him. The slightest movement could cause a mental breaking from 8 months of rape. But it take time to develop and made insight of the character/nightmares.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:33 pm

View Original PostSEELE wrote:But i can understand her action based on the trauma. Shinji let her eaten alive, and shred her apart. Some broken bones, ribs and pierced lungs are not the same. It feels heart-wrenching even if im not that A/S shipper. The time of the torture was a bit out of space. 8 months probaly could have Shinji make mentally "destroyed". On this state nobody would be able to take a real relationship or being intimate. (i count it down on 2 month) Shinji would simply not get somebody near him. Every hug would be torture for him. The slightest movement could cause a mental breaking from 8 months of rape. But it take time to develop and made insight of the character/nightmares.

Oh I can understand her trauma too but canon Asuka would have taken other routes.

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:39 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Oh I can understand her trauma too but canon Asuka would have taken other routes.

For example? Run away? I dont think so. Her feelings was a mixture of hatred, caring and jealousy towards Shinji. The torture was based on the premise of "you got to take a look inside me",
you'll pay for it. She acts on defense. More near her and you get a hit. Take it to the edge if "you" caused her suffer. Shinji did something nasty to her in EoE too. Probaly the payback for
Annos EoE. :hahaha: The author label it, that it will be a A/S.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Well, Shinji didn't let her get destroyed...there is the implication that Unit-01 was refusing to move until Unit-02 was 'dead,' and out of the way.

That, of course, is covered in a lot more places on the forum than this topic....

I have to second xanderkh's recommendation for Shinji and the Doctor. It's surprising how well the Tenth Doctor fits into the Evangelion universe, and how well-written and enjoyable the story is. It is a fix-fic, but what do you expect with the Doctor, or He Who Can't Help But Try and Fix Things That Need Fixing?

...and occasionally pushing a Big, Red Button whenever one happens to be lying around?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:44 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Well, Shinji didn't let her get destroyed...there is the implication that Unit-01 was refusing to move until Unit-02 was 'dead,' and out of the way.

In EoE? Really? If that is the case ... i should rewrite my AU with Asuka "dreams" about this timeline. If Unit 01 didn't move til Unit 02 was shred apart then Yui is a fucked up plot device.
Put Shinji in this trauma to lose Asuka? Srsly? This had blown off my mind. edit: Yui is fucked up. For what sake? The humanity? God i think i hate Yui from now on. I'll put this into my future Post 3. Impact ff. This is ...

:scanners_head:
Last edited by SEELE on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:46 pm

View Original PostSEELE wrote:For example? Run away? I dont think so. Her feelings was a mixture of hatred, caring and jealousy towards Shinji. The torture was based on the premise of "you got to take a look inside me",
you'll pay for it. She acts on defense. More near her and you get a hit. Take it to the edge if "you" caused her suffer. Shinji did something nasty to her in EoE too. Probaly the payback for
Annos EoE. :hahaha: The author label it, that it will be a A/S.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of murder or a snip snipping of the man junk.

Return to “Fanfiction”