Getting Noticed

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Getting Noticed

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:03 pm

I'm currently (kind of) in the process of writing a fanfic in the fanfiction section. Is there a way that I can make it more likely for my topics to be noticed and replied to?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:12 pm

If you stick with it and update your thread constantly, it should get noticed.

The issue is that you can't make consecutive posts, making it difficult to keep people informed if there aren't any posts on it.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:16 pm

You can, actually, but only in that forum. The staff would frown on people misusing it, but the ability to bump your own fic thread with an update is precisely why it's active there.

But the best way to get attention is to write something either really good or really terrible.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:21 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:But the best way to get attention is to write something either really good or really terrible.

Or something so terrible it's great.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:36 pm

You can also put a link to it in your sig, if you post often enough and prolifically enough to make it worthwhile. Worked for me. *sheepishly glances at 11.9 ppd*

But yeah, what NemZ said. You can bump your thread if you're churning out hot material.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:44 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote: *sheepishly glances at 11.9 ppd*

I don't know how you manage that, I can't even get 1 ppw.

ON TOPIC: Maybe make a cool image to go with it? I remember one guy on here made a Rebuild like title to go with his. I didn't read it because fan-fics aren't my thing but if I was into it I would probably look more into than the average story.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Yeah, I'm in that roleplay! The guy who designed it is AgentOmega, on these very forums. You could always talk to him about ideas.

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I don't know how you manage that, I can't even get 1 ppw.

This is nothing- back before I took my hiatus in August, I had 17 ppd. How do I do it? Power of Ahegao. ;)

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:If you stick with it and update your thread constantly, it should get noticed.

View Original PostNemZ wrote:But the best way to get attention is to write something either really good or really terrible.

These are good places to start. Also, what Nuke said about placing a link in your sig is highly recommended. It's been working for me for years.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:21 pm

I'll try those. After all, one of the big reasons I joined here was so I could have an outlet for my fanfiction!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”