That bad feeling...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Darius
Lilith

That bad feeling...

•      
  •      

Postby Darius » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:52 pm

Hey guys...After seeing all the wide ranges of omakes and fan stuff and all this other Eva stuff...I got this feeling...It's a very bad feeling. not like a premonition feeling..but like a state of mind...I think

Its the feeling that you'd want to get all of this Eva stuff...or any stuff you like in particular...but you just know you can't get it..

That is the feeling I hate and that I have at the moment..

Anyone else got that feeling or had it?

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:58 pm

24/7/365
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Darius
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Darius » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:11 pm

Yes..That must suck..This is a baaaaaad feeling.

I guess the only cure is to actually get everything..

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:54 pm

I've never had that feeling. All things exist somewhere, and if you want them badly enough, you can get them.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:01 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:I've never had that feeling. All things exist somewhere, and if you want them badly enough, you can get them.

Sadly I've never come across nor heard of an Keel and SEELE action figure playtime set....though I still have plans to someday make a "Vlad" plushie.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Re: That bad feeling...

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:22 am

Darius wrote:Hey guys...After seeing all the wide ranges of omakes and fan stuff and all this other Eva stuff...I got this feeling...It's a very bad feeling. not like a premonition feeling..but like a state of mind...I think

Its the feeling that you'd want to get all of this Eva stuff...or any stuff you like in particular...but you just know you can't get it..

That is the feeling I hate and that I have at the moment..

Anyone else got that feeling or had it?

Sadly, yes. But I always tell myself that buying a Rei plushie wouldn't do any good for my brains... I mean, the remains. :P :wink:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:24 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:I've never had that feeling. All things exist somewhere, and if you want them badly enough, you can get them.

I still haven't came across an affordable Gibson SG Special with a wood finish.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Bardiel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bardiel » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:57 am

I know exactly what you mean.
Ussualy I get this feeling when I read about al those books and things I've never heard about.

I always get the feeling I'm trying to reach an inpossible goal.
The entryplug Throne of the soul

Darius
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Darius » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:32 am

Ya. It's just sooo annoying....Well, we have to always look to the future and hop we can get em..

Heh " Gotta Catch em' All!" :lol: :lol:

the3rdchildren
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the3rdchildren » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:52 am

SEELE 08 wrote:

Sadly I've never come across nor heard of an Keel and SEELE action figure playtime set....though I still have plans to someday make a "Vlad" plushie.

The only Keel figure I know is is the Medicom Kubrick Keel, which comes with a Kubrick SEELE monolith, Gendo Ikari and Yui Ikari.. as well as a giant of light Adam.

Darius
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Darius » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:12 am

the3rdchildren wrote:

The only Keel figure I know is is the Medicom Kubrick Keel, which comes with a Kubrick SEELE monolith, Gendo Ikari and Yui Ikari.. as well as a giant of light Adam.

Image[/quote]

Well thats cool...And I know it's Adam cuz it looks like him...but it says Lilth lol..

Oh and I wonder why there aren't many things about Keel..hes like..the chairman of Seele and all..

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:21 am

It's way more fun wanting it, and then actually finding a way to get your hands on it. Way more fun than having it sitting around on a shelf somewhere, with you going; "...That's it?" The chase is a hundred times better than the catch when it comes to collecting memorabilia.

the3rdchildren
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the3rdchildren » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:56 am

Kaysow wrote:It's way more fun wanting it, and then actually finding a way to get your hands on it. Way more fun than having it sitting around on a shelf somewhere, with you going; "...That's it?" The chase is a hundred times better than the catch when it comes to collecting memorabilia.

The chase is ALWAYS better than the catch in all circumstances. I live for the chase.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:47 pm

An elaboration;
Think of what you'd do if you actually owned that particular figurine or whatever. I bought an Asuka once, and now it's stuffed in a drawer somewhere.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:55 pm

Darius wrote:
the3rdchildren wrote:

Well thats cool...And I know it's Adam cuz it looks like him...but it says Lilth lol..

Oh and I wonder why there aren't many things about Keel..hes like..the chairman of Seele and all..[/quote]

I have that set. I talk to the little Keel and call him K-Chan. K-Chan is resposible for stealing my keys so I have to look for them and become late to class. K-Chan also likes to drive Datdude insane on AIM. K-Chan also has a chibi Rei companion named Rei-Chan who helps him steal keys and type on AIM.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:56 pm

Can't say that I ever get that feeling about something like Eva merchandise. Most of that junk is just simple wants and not worth worrying or fretting over. I may like it but if it cost more than I am willing to spend I got no problem passing on it.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:29 am

LOL, is there anything that they don't make Kubrick figures for? :P

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:23 am

Kaysow wrote:An elaboration;
Think of what you'd do if you actually owned that particular figurine or whatever. I bought an Asuka once, and now it's stuffed in a drawer somewhere.

Sadly, they're not good for much more than display pieces. I like having some "useless memorabilia" to populate my personal spaces -- the shelf above my desk is covered with the stuff. But there's only so much room, so, yeah, away in the drawers goes everybody else. I have enough NGE knickknacks, so, unless I see something TRULY awesome, I'm satisfied.

Most of my other NGE crap is stuff that I actually use. Books, DVDs, and so on.

Collecting EVERYthing? No thanks. I need to spend my recreational $$$ carefully. Plus I have enough storage problems as is.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:35 am

Today I started painting my Unit 02 model kit. It's coming out quite nicely, and hopefully I'll have assembled it. But what's truly frightening was that I was actually able to get eyelashes onto a figurine that's barely more than 2 inches tall. :shock:

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:37 am

I own absolutely no Eva related merchandise, and no merchandise of pop culture in general, save a few old CDs (the majority of which are actually symphonic music.) The reason is that I have a complete distaste for consumer culture. A healthy way to foster this and avoid spending your money on useless doo-hickies is to ask yourself, quite frankly, three reasons why you don't need whatever interests you at the moment. If you can come up with three, that's usually more than enough to not get something.

Incidentally, with the glories of the interweb, you don't really have to buy anything anymore. Just know where to look (and where not to ask... silly anti-pirate forums ;>_>)
Kaji: Commander Ikari, I've come to give you mysterious objects and say cryptic things.

Gendo: Excellent work, my impish little toadie.
- Toastyfrog's Thumbnail Theater

I'm not a mod any more! The pressure to constantly monitor in lurk mode is gone! The dust cloud you see is me in hasty retreat.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”