"Rebuild of Evangelion"

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri May 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Wait, what other Eva forums and communities? Outside of Japan we're pretty much it in the English-speaking world AFAICT. Wasn't there some speculation upthread concerning the notion that other sites took their lead from EvaGeeks in this regard?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri May 16, 2014 5:38 pm

I think the Eva Mailing List is still active, right? And there's probably smaller forums or fan groups out there (and of course, communities on tumblr/FB/etc).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri May 16, 2014 6:00 pm

There are plenty of general anime forums that have very active Evangelion sections. Some of them much older than Evamonkey or Evageeks.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri May 16, 2014 6:03 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:There are plenty of general anime forums that have very active Evangelion sections. Some of them much older than Evamonkey or Evageeks.

Examples? I'd like to track 'em down, just to get other perspectives on the show.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri May 16, 2014 6:57 pm

MAL forums, ANN's forums, Funimation's forums, Madman forums, Anime-suki, just off the top of my head of places that I sometimes frequent.

A4 used to have a pretty big Evangelion section that was pretty active, they've since revamped everything several times and got rid of all anime specific subforums. You can search there and still find active threads, I think maybe there's an Evangelion club.

ANF has an Evangelion section, but all of its members post here now and the subforum doesn't get much activity except from occasional passer-bys.

Adult swim probably still has a pretty active Evangelion section, that's where all the REVA people came from.

And surprisingly Naruto-forums, though I've never actually been there, there's a shit-ton of image leaching from that site and sometimes when I search for evangelion stuff on google, I get a bunch of results from that site.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”