Clothes & Apparel

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Clothes & Apparel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:59 pm

Did a quick search and couldn't find any suitable threads. Surprising because some posters here are pretty sharp dressers in their own varying regards. Basically just a place to talk about what you're wearing, buying or anything else of relevant discussion.

I'll start off with a query; I'm chasing a place to order some quality basics from. Specifically looking for some pocket tees at the moment but a site with more variety the better.

Links would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Uniqlo has some good stuff and their prices aren't bad.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Also, ASOS. It's a UK thing, so I figure they have a presence in Ausland.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:47 am

Pretty exy but just ended up nabbing from Carhartt an S/S pocket tee in navy and a pair of their stone washed Primary Bermuda shorts.

Basically what I was after so should tide me over for now.
Warren Peace, #643919

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Quadhonk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:10 am

Does anybody have any idea where I could get some genuine Jnco jeans?

They stopped making them a few years back. Probably the most comfortable jeans around.

Plus, you could fit a VCR in one of the pockets.
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:06 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Uniqlo has some good stuff and their prices aren't bad.

They make great basic staples in okay quality but I'm not a fan of the cuts though but bringing them to the tailor fixes that.
All the pants I rotate now are all from qlo but hemmed and tapered at my local seamstress, good stuff.

Been running around like this recently

https://24.media.tumblr.com/20bcab726873b1e7c99ede76bdda4594/tumblr_n22pw32JhT1s0aou1o1_1280.jpg

I think jncos are still in production, google is your friend

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Quadhonk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:20 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:
I think jncos are still in production, google is your friend

I've only found one website that sells two pairs and the rest are knockoffs. The only other option I can see is Ebay. I just want to go sears and buy a new pair of favorite jeans. Anything more than five minutes of effort won't be worth it to me.
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:37 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Uniqlo has some good stuff and their prices aren't bad.
this
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:23 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:https://24.media.tumblr.com/20bcab726873b1e7c99ede76bdda4594/tumblr_n22pw32JhT1s0aou1o1_1280.jpg

Really like the jacket IO. I wear similar pants for work (neat/smart casual dress policy in the office) except they're navy trousers from H&M. Love the hell out of 'em, and usually go with a plain white tee or polo shirt and black/black Vans Eras.
Warren Peace, #643919

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Clothes & Apparel

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:27 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Specifically looking for some pocket tees at the moment

http://store.americanapparel.net/ do good T-shirts, although I've never had one with a pocket myself.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:00 pm

This thread is going to be dope :kawaii:

This is my current favorite ensemble:
Outfit  SPOILER: Show

White/Black/Blue accents. Not too heavy, and not too light. That shirt is short sleeved and I always keep the collar up on my jacket.

Once the weather breaks I will probably be wearing crew neck sweatshirts along with my Adidas track jackets or White Sox Starter jackets. Also, gotta order some new white Keds as my current pair have been worn since August.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:18 pm

No offense dude but those skinny jeans look pretty hilarious.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:02 am

Unfortunately only early autumn here at the moment, and I live in nightmarish warm/humid tropical climes; so can't really enjoy jeans, jackets and such at current. Something more typical of what you'd see me in this time of year would just be a band/plain t-shirt, vintage Lee sanforized cargo shorts and my red Vans Authentics.

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:
Outfit  SPOILER: Show

Dig the jacket, Joy.
I actually thought this was a pic of Wes Eisold at first too.

:tongue:

What are you're guys thoughts on denim jackets? Here's one I picked up on my last trip to Japan:

SPOILER: Show
It's a looser fit but I like it like that. Also better for when travelling to colder parts away from home.
Last edited by Blue Monday on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warren Peace, #643919

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:10 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:What are you're guys thoughts on denim jackets? Here's one I picked up on my last trip to Japan:

It's a looser fit but I like it like that. Also better for when travelling to colder parts away from home.

The number one rule with denim jackets is for it to be a different color (or shade) than your pants. I have a light blue one that fits snug and am considering getting a dark one so it doesn't limit the jeans I can wear with it. Other than that, denim jackets are always boss.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:10 am

I happen to have a black denim jacket, and I like it - haven't worn it in a while, though.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:34 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:
What are you're guys thoughts on denim jackets? Here's one I picked up on my last trip to Japan:

I have a jacket that looks a lot like that, but it's not denim (also zip-up rather than button up). It's a olive green (cotton?) jacket that I've had since forever, but didn't really fit me at all until now.

I have a lot of zip-up hoodies as well, although I suppose they fit my clothing style more than anything extravagant. Now that I think about it, I've never had a button-up jacket.

In terms of jeans, I've been circulating my trousers for years (I was pretty...huge as a kid so most of my clothes still fit now that I'm normal size). Most of my jeans are of the standard-garden blue variety and usually have pretty small pockets, although over CNY I managed to get a dark greyish-black pair which is both comfortable and has enough pocket space for my gizmos. Yay.

Wish I could wear jackets more often, but in this country's climate it's suspicious to wear more than one layer unless you're going somewhere with heavy air-con.

Usually my ensemble is just a T-shirt and either jeans, matching shorts, or canvas pants. I have some long-sleeve button-up shirts for school as well, but only one of those is nice enough for me to want to wear in public. My favourite brand is probably Uniqlo, and they're pretty prolific here so getting stuff by them isn't hard.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:13 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:No offense dude but those skinny jeans look pretty hilarious.

I haven't bought a pair of men's jeans in seven years and I'm okay with that. I think loose fitting pants look hilarious. Different strokes.

@Blue Monday Thnx :cool:

And yea, jean jackets are sick, and I like the fit and color of yours. I see a lot of people wearing too small ones and I'm like, whew. And I agree with Guy Nack's thoughts on jean jacket etiquette.
I was actually going to pick one up this spring, but one of my best friends just picked one up, and I don't want people to think we're in some sort of jean jacket wearing punk gang.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:01 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:The number one rule with denim jackets is for it to be a different color (or shade) than your pants. I have a light blue one that fits snug and am considering getting a dark one so it doesn't limit the jeans I can wear with it. Other than that, denim jackets are always boss.

I have some tan trousers to go with it too but I enjoy the blue/indigo jacket and black jeans + black shoes combination more. Also have a heather grey hoodie to alternate from the black one on occasion.

Carhartt order arrived today:

Quality stuff, thoroughly impressed even just for some basics - may pick up another pair of trousers from them sometime soonish as well.
Warren Peace, #643919

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:32 am

Got my unbrandeds today.

Half an inch too small in the waist :facepalm:

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Half an inch too small in the waist :facepalm:
not fat just bulking
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”