The Elder Scrolls Saga Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

nervshatter
Banned

The Elder Scrolls Saga Thread

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

split/merged from general gaming thread - NemZ

View Original PostCJD wrote:Guess who has two thumbs and got into this weekends The Elder Scrolls: Online beta test? This guy!

Let's see if it's as bad as I think it's going to be.

Really? I think it looks...promising.

Topic: Downloaded the demo for Project X Zone, it was interesting/fun, however 4 of my characters got killed :sniffle: .

Also I ordered The MGS/Zone of Enders HD collection, hopefully they arrive by this week.

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Lorkhan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:43 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Really? I think it looks...promising.

TES: O is something I've been really trying to keep a positive outlook on. I mean, its a MMO that takes place in one of my favorite series, and the time period its set in is optimal. But as a lore buff...I dread what they're doing and what direction they're taking the alliances. Even going beyond lore, having the races confined to separate factions and flat out making the Imperials unavailable was a very, very bad move in my book. Still trying to hold out some hope for this game, but it hasn't been easy. I especially hope this doesn't impact the series itself to much. If the game is detrimental to the setting and the dev teams takes some stylistic choices along with it, I'll be a sad boy.
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:17 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Really? I think it looks...promising.

What I will say is that what I've seen of it these past few months has made me think better of it. The fact that they included a first person view and made it viable really impressed me. They listened.

The thing is, from the videos of it I've seen it looks like an Elder Scrolls game. I can't tell the difference between what I see in trailers/demos and a lower graphics TES game. But the real question is does it play like an Elder Scrolls game? Or, as I fear, does it play like an MMO?

View Original PostLorkhan wrote:But as a lore buff...I dread what they're doing and what direction they're taking the alliances.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh dear, let's not even talk about the lore and how they're butchering it. If Dunmer, Argonians, and Nords didn't kill any hope I had for them maintaining the lore the whole "We're treating Talos changing Cyrodiil from jungle to forest as a 'transcription error.'" utterly demolished it. If Kirkbride was dead he'd be rolling in his grave.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:17 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I'm debating whether or not to reinstall Skyrim, and stream it for the lolz.

I say yes do so as I would watch and mods plz.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Bloodmoon is a little old place where we can... get together

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Following a rather late night on The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon I don't have much more to do in the game. Now, if I pretend for a moment that my studies and assignments are absolutely fine if I start playing another game soon, what's next?
Voluntary Illusion.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:51 pm

I bought the PC version of Skyrim today (I have the PS3 version, but dear god is it bad) and am currently downloading a tonne of mods to compensate for the horrendously awful character models and such. So that's interesting.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:31 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:I bought the PC version of Skyrim today (I have the PS3 version, but dear god is it bad) and am currently downloading a tonne of mods to compensate for the horrendously awful character models and such. So that's interesting.

Mods are the sauce. You should also consider some gameplay extenders, like Helgen Reborn and Falskaar. If you like, I could PM you the list of mods (beyond just gameplay extenders, including some of the best graphics stuff) I consider the cream of the crop.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:28 pm

yeah, I have something like 40 mods on my game as well.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:40 am

I'm still playing Skyrim. It just never ends... so much to do! More than a hundred hours into the game and today was the first time I actually entered Solitude proper. :lol:
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Final Fantasy Tactics did such a good job of revitalizing my waning interest in the medieval setting that I have once again found myself playing Oblivion. I suspect this will be my last attempt before finally moving on to Skyrim, which I've purposefully avoided until such a time that my fantasy mood returns in full.

This time I rolled a stereotypical fair-haired Nord with the heart of a berserker in knight's clothes. Although he collects fame as a traveling scion of goodness and chivalry, he harbors a secret penchant for kleptomania, with over six hundred acts of thievery to his name. He also has a decidedly un-Nordish fondness for alchemy, and is a quite prominent member of the Mage's Guild.

To up the ante, I've stifled most of my inclinations to be a filthy save-scummer. Things are more fun when all of your decisions have the potential for consequence, but I still save before every locked chest. God forbid I break twenty picks for a lousy six gold pieces and a flawed sapphire...
Set phasers to thrill.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah, I stated off with a particular character and playstyle in mind, but due to the way leveling works I eventually had to just move on to other things to keep making progress. It was quite a bump in difficulty to suddenly go back to using armor and weapons with skills only in the 10-20 range and with no perks. Went through a LOT of fortify potions for a while there.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:13 am

Anyone else got a Key for the upcoming weekend stress test for TES Online?

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:15 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Anyone else got a Key for the upcoming weekend stress test for TES Online?

Indeed, I did. Think we should start up another thread for TESO and form an Evageeks party?
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:10 pm

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:Indeed, I did. Think we should start up another thread for TESO and form an Evageeks party?

I don't plan on actually playing though.
Not that crazy about the TESverse and apparently the game isnt very good

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:39 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I don't plan on actually playing though.
Not that crazy about the TESverse and apparently the game isnt very good

Ah. I thought it definitely had the "still far from finished" feel when I played last, so I'm reserving judgement until later. I mean, given that the combat mechanic had to be changed it feels more like an MMO and less like Oblivion and Skyrim, but I kind of enjoyed it. It was also funny that I came across pants of "run forever" XD (that is to say, they reduced the stamina cost of running, but I think the calculation was bugged because I never tired with them on)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:38 pm

While my Borderlands is down I decided to start playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim again. Somehow it's a lot better than I remember it and travel time is faster (maybe because I'm now actually following the road instead of desperately rock climbing, and I'm not lugging all of my deceased opponents' swords and armor around with me this time).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 am

My god, I'm getting really into Skyrim. It was just supposed to be an until-Borderlands-is-fixed measure, but I'm absolutely hooked now (even now that my Borderlands is working again). I stayed up all night finishing the College of Winterhold questline, I've done a few Daedric quests and now I'm trying to find the Dark Brotherhood. In the process I also seem to have inverted my sleeping schedule. Damn.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:00 pm

The adventure begins anew.

SPOILER: Show
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:26 pm

You're not the only one. :D

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/4756051/?tb=mods&pUp=1

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:15 am

Man I'd love to restart/Resume Skyrim but I can't bring myself to enjoy it on this computer. Constant FPS of sub 20, and spikes of even higher than that, combined with the fact I can't run anything else or it drops even lower, just makes it unplayable.

I need a new PC :(
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”