Japanese Twitter speculation of Biblical proportions

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:47 am

^
Plot twist : FINAL will reveal that Mari and Kaworu were in cahoots for the past 14 years to ship Shinji and Asuka, the whole business with the spears was a way to make Shinji and Asuka ends up alone in a desert, but they didn't counted on Rei Q joining them.
Will this tamper their shipping plans? The answer in "Evangelion New Theatrical Edition : ?" !

:tongue:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 am

^ Now that's an interesting theory if I ever heard one.

And the could-be-references-to-Revelations stuff was awesome too. Like some others have said, though, it's probably unintentional.

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:If Kaworu is the one calling Gendo King of Lilin that means Kaworu officially ships LAS.

Can't get a much bigger supporter than that. :lol:

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:My shipper is speaking now isn't it? -o-;

Loud and proud.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:39 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Guys, the King of Lilin/Prince/Princess thing is a joke you know! :lol:

That's what you think. :devil:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:10 am

^
Well of course, we still aren't sure that a pairing won't happen. If the above speculation is true that would follow the trend of having the princess being the one wearing the pants in the couple! Although that wouldn't be something new in the Ikari family, since it's implied that Yui was the one wearing the pants in her marriage with Gendo! :lol:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:04 am

If we get LAS I will personally put Anno's head on a spike.

LRS all the way, baby.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 am

I used a few of these lines in CotP XD ...and I'm definitely gonna use the key lines XD

"And the sky was folded up like a scroll" (always loved this line) = Impact Vortex.

Also, the beast's "deadly head wound" and EVA 01's first battle.

Ever notice all these sixes in Shinji's birthday?

Then again, these text are so old, a lot of things have been alighned with just about everything over the years; It was originally all code for contemporary politics.
It's their purpose to be a projection space for people to see their own lives reflected in, in a way.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:02 am

I think the religious connotation is interesting for "Rebuild" but yeah we all know in this crowd the situation with religious stuff in "NGE" and I can still say I stand on the side of "Religious stuff STILL is in eva to 'look cool'." at the moment at least giving that the films are not over yet. Its interesting banter don't get me wrong but I'm still not sold on jumping ship just yet.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 am

^I don't think anyone was suggesting this actually means anyhing RL related, just that maybe there was an intentionall reference.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
Plot twist : FINAL will reveal that Mari and Kaworu were in cahoots for the past 14 years to ship Shinji and Asuka

Coming to think of it...
Asuka interacted with Mari, Shinji and Rei, but not with Kaworu...
Rei interacted with Mari, Asuka and Shinji... But not with Kaworu...
Mari interacted with Asuka, Rei and Shinji... But not with Kaworu...
:bigeyes:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Coming to think of it...
:bigeyes:

Kaworu is Tyler Durden?
EDIT: Or not, since Gendo and Fuyu talk about him. Gendo introducing him to Shinji as his co-pilot, Fuyu mentioning that he showed Shinji the outside world.
Last edited by TMBounty_Hunter on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 pm

The next time someone says 'the religious imagery in Eva is just to look cool' I'm going to hex their livestock.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby LightDragonman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:12 am

Why? Because I can;t really see any hidden meaning besides Rule Of Cool.

Come to think about it, this is one of my beefs with Evangelion as a whole. I love shows such as Ghost In The Shell, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Serial Experienments Lain, FLCL, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica for their use of symbolism. The difference is that there, the symbolism all actually means something to help flesh out the story and themes. In Eva however, to borrow a wrote from a guy discussing the symbolism in Bioshock, in which he compared it to the references during Family Guy's seasonal rot, "the reference is there, but not the joke that gives it meaning".
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:15 am

^It's not an either/or thing.

Kind of like you can refer to greek myths without making an actual statement about Zeus (or even thinking he exists), but using them as a metaphor for various parts of the human conditions.

I mean, those references do serve a purpose, even if it's just to evoke certain associations, such as "epic end of the world".

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:38 am

When speaking of the end of the world, I prefer the Götterdämmerung. Everything dies! ^_^

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:58 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Kaworu is Tyler Durden?
EDIT: Or not, since Gendo and Fuyu talk about him. Gendo introducing him to Shinji as his co-pilot, Fuyu mentioning that he showed Shinji the outside world.

Thanks god that these two talk about Kaworu in Q, or I would had believed that Kaworu died during the time skip and that Shinji actually hallucinated him to compensate for the total lack of any friend or emotional support since his awakening!

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:19 am

^ But that does make for a really neat story idea, don'tcha think?

...oh dear, now I've got that beginning to turn the wheels in my head. Dammit, I've already got enough crawling around in there for now! :lol:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:11 pm

this is insane
Japanese are on another level really.

Coming to think of it...

Kaworu never existed
It's a mind creation of Shinji.
Therefore Shinji died in 3.0 ? so who is the guy walking with Asuka and Rei ? a serial rapist ?the son of Crowley ? An illuminati ? Kanye west disguised as a Japanese boy ? :cringe:

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby LightDragonman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:48 am

"Kaworu is, in a sense, your own creation, cobbled together from your expectations and experiences."

I wonder if all of 3.33, and for that matter the entire Rebuild saga, is just an illusion now at this point. I mean, with all the formal callbacks to the original series and everything.

Anno, stop hanging out with Kojima for so long. :lol:
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:24 am

Guys, Kaworu piloted a floating Eva and stopped N3I, Gendo said to Shinji that he would pilot EVA-13 with "this other pilot", and are later seen plotting to get rid of "SEELE's boy", so rest assured, Kaworu isn't only in Shinji's mind! :lol:

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:54 am

ElMariachi wrote: Guys, Kaworu piloted a floating Eva and stopped N3I, Gendo said to Shinji that he would pilot EVA-13 with "this other pilot", and are later seen plotting to get rid of "SEELE's boy", so rest assured, Kaworu isn't only in Shinji's mind!

But this is weird, sure is!

Fuyutsuki also said the SEELE boy was showing surface to Shinji. The same thing happened in NGE, so I prefer manga! Kaworu. It seems more real and less one plot device.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”