Spoiler warning removal pending 4.0 spoilers

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Spoiler warning removal pending 4.0 spoilers

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:13 am

Hi there, folks. Many of you have probably noticed the great big red "SPOILER WARNING" template on most of the Rebuild pages and sections. Now that the events of 3.0 are common knowledge to everyone here, the spoiler warnings have no purpose at all - in fact, they've been an eyesore for months now.

Just to let you know, I'll be cleaning those out in a few days, but I wanted to let you guys know about it in advance, in case there's anyone out there still senstive about spoilers. If you think there's a valid reason for not removing those warnings, post in this thread. Thanks!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:51 pm

I've been indiscriminately moving these off after the official spoiler ban was lifted back in '13 (with appropriate permissions and talk posts, of course.) I don't see a reason to leave them around, personally. If it's okay with the staff, I'll just run through and do a complete clean sweep.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Go right ahead. Wipe out those spoiler warnings, Marine!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:05 pm

All spoiler tags wiped from the wiki, except the ones on the es: pages. (The spanish-language ones.) I think I need extra permissions to edit those, or somebody higher-ranking could take care of them.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Good job, soldier. You'll get a medal for this!

Got rid of the Spanish-language spoiler warnings too. There were just two of them, and those spanish-language pages haven't been touched for months.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 pm

The page on Beast Mode actually had a spoiler tag from when 2.22 came out. Nobody had bothered to remove it. :lol:
View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:You'll get a medal for this!

:jawdrop:I get that it's a joke, narries. I'm not that vain!

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 pm

I was pretending to be Colonel Kuma, natch. My responses would've been pretty boring otherwise.

Pages like "Beast Mode" were pretty close to frozen in time, which is why their spoiler labels had remained for years. Whenever we get to 4.0, the wiki is going to follow the same spoiler warning duration as the forum.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”