[Merch] Rebuild of Eva Blu-Ray cases

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
GMAJ0R
Embryo

[Merch] Rebuild of Eva Blu-Ray cases

•      
  •      

Postby GMAJ0R » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:05 am

Just last week, I ordered the 1.11 and 2.22 blu-rays from Amazon. Much to my dismay, the cases were not the ones I was expecting. The case for 1.11 was not the holographic digipak, but rather just a regular blu-ray case with a slipcover. The case for 2.22 didn't even come with a slipcover and just had a boring stock image of Mari on the case. I'm sure that this may be old news to most people, but it seems that the first run of the movies had the nice cases (as advertised) and are now out of print, replaced by these lesser quality versions.

As an ultra-nitpicky collector, I'm looking to replace these with the fancy pants, first edition versions. Does anybody know a surefire way of getting my hands on them? Unfortunately, the closest Best Buy and FYE no longer carry the movies on blu-ray and I am now terrified to shop for them online unless clearly specified as the correct versions. I would really appreciate the help; even if it's just for one of the movies, it would make me incredibly happy.
Let's be delinquents together.

weeminator24
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby weeminator24 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:26 am

Most likely ebay, or some other used distributor....funimation has a tendency to make changes to their releases whenever they feel like it unfortunately.

GMAJ0R
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GMAJ0R » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:11 am

No luck on eBay as of yet (I did find a copy of 1.11, but the shipping price is outrageous since it's from Canada).

And this is why I should've gotten into Eva earlier in life xP Might try my luck at vendor booths at the next convention I go to.
Let's be delinquents together.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”