Arianne Schreiber is a South African

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Petsu-chan
Embryo

Arianne Schreiber is a South African

•      
  •      

Postby Petsu-chan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Hello

I am not entirely sure if this is the correct thread to request information to be added to a wiki page. But here goes my request.

In 2012, its no secret that people finally got to know at least a bit more about the person who performed both "Komm Susser Tod" and ''Everything You've Ever dreamed." I of course noticed that at some point, that there was finally a page created for Arianne. It is also at this point in time I had found her Facebook page, presumably like many other Eva-fans. This is where I noticed something interesting on her Facebook page that stated she attended a South African high school in the city of Johannesburg (which is located in the province I live in). Fast forward to 6th of December, the day after our former President Nelson Mandela passed away and I noticed she , like practically every other South African posted a picture of him and then went on to post that she wished she could have been in "mamma Africa right now."

So I finally decided to send her a message. I mentioned that I had noticed she went to high school in Johannesburg and that she had mentioned Tata Madiba (Nelson Mandela) and I asked her what her nationality was. She was kind enough to reply and stated that:

"Hello. Lovely to meet you. I am a South African who moved to Britain at the age of 19. And now I live in Australia . Lovely to hear from you . Thank you so much for your interest in me. Blessings."

Now I'd like to state I know and am related to people who moved to England (and even Australia).

If you would like, I can post screen captures of my question and her answer and her posts in relation to Nelson Mandela. I know this may sound like somewhat of a strange to do, but I need some reference/proof that she said this.

My request , once again, is simple. I would like for the wiki page on Arianne to include the details of her nationality and the other facts she stated in what I have quoted her saying.

So instead of "Arianne, her full name Arianne Schreiber,is the British singer of two songs in Evangelion"; rather something to the effect of Arianne, her full name Arianne Schreiber,is a South African born British singer of two songs in Evangelion." Then of course include the other fact that she is South African that went to live in Britain at the age of 19. But of course I leave the that up to the editor as I'm not sure what will fit correctly.

I understand this request might seem silly considering that the actual wiki page on her is so small, but this knowledge is important to us South African Eva-fans. Neon Genesis Evangelion first aired in South Africa on our Sci-Fy channel in the early 2000s. I first saw some episodes myself in 2001. It later aired again on our Animax channel in 2007-2009.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Petsu-chan on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm

That's interesting information, and yes, we'll certainly add that. Thanks for finding this out!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Petsu-chan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Petsu-chan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Thank you so much for your time.

I truly appreciate it.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Here's the original thread (where the mystery was solved) when some Evageeks contacted her back in 2011: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/458371/Komm-Susser-Tod-Who-is-Arianne/#458371

Thanks for your post, it's really helpful! :asuka_thumbsup:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Petsu-chan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Petsu-chan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 pm

My pleasure. There are a lot of other questions I could have asked her, but I thought asking her any more things might be pushing it (In my opinion at least).

Oh and that thread. . .I remembering reading a few pages back in 2012 (or was it late 2011? Cant remember). But I guess I didn't read the first pages, so thanks for the link.

I noticed on Youtube, she stated that she performed it while still a teenager. And considering the fact she moved from South Africa to England at the age of 19 means she moved there either in early 1997 or the latter half of 1996. To me, this makes a bit more sense in regards to the fact she seems to have remembered Nelson Mandela fondly. Why do I bring this up? Ill explain:

Before the 1994 elections, South Africa was (especially between 1991 -1993) a very tense place. Civil war was a big possibility then. There were a big chunk of white families that moved away at this period. Its these kind of families I presume that wouldn't really remember Nelson Mandela too fondly (I could be wrong, but if you see a certain clip on TV about him referring to those specific people, you'd understand why).

So people moving away after the elections tend to always remember the man fondly. Usually these people always come back for regular visits and tend to always have family still living here.

I apologize if that short history lesson was a bit random, but I just trying to make my earlier deduction more plausible to others.

On a related note I saw online that people, in response to one of her posts on Facebook, express a lot of interest in her being included in 4.0. I must admit, I'd love for that to happen.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”