FINAL info on New Year's?

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:48 am

Hey, a man can dream. ;)

LightDragonman
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby LightDragonman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:47 am

Seriously, how long does he fricken take to just announce a release date.

I don't know. I just don't think that one should take this much time to announce something relating to it. At least give a tentative date or production still.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

lastcody
Tunniel

Postby lastcody » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:58 am

Nah They can take as long as they want

LightDragonman
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby LightDragonman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:17 am

I don't know. Personally, I think that if they continue to take this much time, you're gonna sap away a lot of the enthusiasm. Either that, or you raise the hype to such a degree that it coming up short would be quite a letdown.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:28 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:I don't know. Personally, I think that if they continue to take this much time, you're gonna sap away a lot of the enthusiasm.

This is Eva we're talking about here. That's impossible.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:59 am

Yeah, that's like saying "If Star Wars 7 doesn't get a subtitle, it'll sap enthusiasm." No one will ever load interest in FINAL because of this.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:05 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:Seriously, how long does he fricken take to just announce a release date.

I don't know. I just don't think that one should take this much time to announce something relating to it. At least give a tentative date or production still.

Khara seems to follows Valve's philosophy about the release date of their creations : "It'll be done when it's done".
This way they don't have the pressure of a deadline and can work and experiment as much as they want, especially since Anno is the kind of guy who can redraw a scene more than 40 times, make the VA repeat their lines as much and completely change part of the script at the last moment until he's 100% satisfied by the result. And that's what makes his creations so good.

So leave time to time, a date will be announced when they'll be sure to be able to respect it.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TheFriskyIan
Lilin
Lilin

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:35 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Khara seems to follows Valve's philosophy about the release date of their creations : "It'll be done when it's done".

The problem with this philosophy is that it gives people too much time to create unrealistic expectations for the product, and when the product is finally released people are insanely disappointed because it didn't meet any of their absurdly high demands. Don't believe me? Just look at Q. The amount of speculation before that movie came out was pretty high, and now it's the most debated of the three films outside Evageeks.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:51 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Just look at Q. The amount of speculation before that movie came out was pretty high, and now it's the most debated of the three films outside Evageeks.

Seeing how the movie's true contents was hided from everyone until the moment it was in the theaters, that might have been exactly Anno's intent!
Look at it : with 1.0 and 2.0 people was only curious about Anno's new take on his magnum opus, that was "Anno, director of NGE, making a new version of his most well known franchise", but now with Q's epic trolling of the audience expectation, Anno, the legendary mind-screwer is back!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:37 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:The problem with this philosophy is that it gives people too much time to create unrealistic expectations for the product, and when the product is finally released people are insanely disappointed because it didn't meet any of their absurdly high demands.

That's the people's own fault. Frankly I think that the implication it's the creator's duty to keep silly and impatient people in-check is ridiculous. The one and only thing that should be expected is for them to give their best effort to the work. It's out when it's out. They'll let you know when you have a need to know.

Either way http://www.evangelion.co.jp/, http://www.khara.co.jp/, nor the khara/eva twitters have been updated even after New Year's Day so it's safe to say 6) is the result of the thread.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:44 am

That was exciting, wasn't it!

Let's try again for 2015.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: Amamiya Manami (b. 30-Aug-2018)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:39 am

Unlocked, just in case maybe hype for this Tuesday-Wednesday (time zones and all). :reiquiz:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:43 am

At this point, the biggest thing that I'm interested to see addressed is that rumor about a 2015 release date. Considering how sketchy the rumor is, I expect nothing to come of it-- but if something does, I'm going to be super excited.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:45 am

Well, at the start of the year (2014), Ogata herself mentioned how there was supposed to be voicework done for Eva/FINAL... So yeah, just wait and see if anything'll happen in the coming year. ^_^

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:05 am

It is officially 2015 in Japan.

This general New Year's message was tweeted.

No updates to khara website
http://www.khara.co.jp/

Main Evangelion page has been updated with the BD Box message
http://www.evangelion.co.jp/

EDIT: News page lists only the Top Page being updated:
http://www.evangelion.co.jp/news.html

Final page still hasn't been updated since November 18th, 2012:
http://www.evangelion.co.jp/final.html

:tongue:

EDIT 2: Minna no Evafan post: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3512.html

EDIT 3: Facebook page also updated with just the BD Box news: https://www.facebook.com/evangelion.co.jp

Yamashita tweeted his Eva 20th logo:

So far it seems like 2015 will be for old Eva.

EDIT 4: Official twitter tweeting about site's Top Page being updated:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:55 pm

I was thinking if they'd update for FINAL, it'd be during the day on January 1st over there. We still have the possibility of the updated FINAL preview on the 2nd Japan time.

Even if not, the Twitter post is pretty :wink:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Damn, I was sleeping four hours ago. No new news-- what a shame, but it's not like we're crushed, are we? Yes I am

hui43210
Lilin
Lilin

Postby hui43210 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:49 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Damn, I was sleeping four hours ago. No new news-- what a shame, but it's not like we're crushed, are we? Yes I am

I wasn't expecting anything today, 3.33 is on TV tomorrow, if nothing comes from that, then we can be crushed. If we don't hear something then, I don't think we see this movie till 2016 tbh.
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:16 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I wasn't expecting anything today, 3.33 is on TV tomorrow

Technically the day after tomorrow. Still 1 day and ~17.75 hours to go.

Jan 2nd 24:58 JST = Jan 3rd 00:58 JST = Jan 2nd 14:59 EST

Add 2 hours until the movie is over for actual potential news time.

Sicarius VI
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:41 pm

So as far as I can tell no news yet, besides stuff for NGE 20th Anniversary... Right?

Are any of the Evageeks on news active on the steam group? It is rather difficult to keep up with new threads.

Besides that I imagine SSD is active on Twitter when needed and correct me if I am wrong but any news would be posted on Twitter right?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”