AT the end of EoE

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

chz
Embryo

AT the end of EoE

•      
  •      

Postby chz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:59 pm

I know there r some threads about this but i wanted to know:

1.) Whats happen to Shinji's mum yui, after saying "Goodbye Mother". And eva unit1 along with yui's soul flowing in the space?

2.) Is she a god now?

3.) Does she still protect her son?

after watching this movie about 4 times and looking at the Evangelion Discussion with diffrent question from other ppl. I finally understand

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: AT the end of EoE

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:19 pm

1,2) She has now achieved the same sort of status as Adam and Lilith, and is off (possibly with Gendo's soul) to do something to bear witness to human life; maybe bringing life to another world

Yui:
Yes. Humans can only live on this planet, but Evangelion can live forever... together with the human soul that dwells within it.

(EVA-01 and the Lance of Longinus float in space)

Even after 5 billion years, when the Earth, the Moon, and even the Sun have disappeared, it will still exist as long as even one person still lives.
It will be very lonely, but as long as that one person still lives...

Fuyutsuki:
It will be the eternal proof that humankind has existed...

3) No; they have parted ways

Shinji:
Good-bye, mother.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

chz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:27 pm

his mum worked hard for Shinji... very sad to see his mum but yeah one day will her soul always be with shin? :cry:

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:35 pm

chz wrote:his mum worked hard for Shinji... very sad to see his mum but yeah one day will her soul always be with shin? :cry:

Yep. When God announces the the great EOE party. End of Earth that is... :wink: :P
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:37 pm

No; he's finally cut his apron strings, and is his own man now. Even if, in a reverse of the usual ritual, it is Yui who has flown the nest and Shinji who remains behind.

Not that this seems to do him any good, as he breaks down and blubs the next time someone makes the self-same gesture of fond farewell.

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

chz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:43 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:1,2) She has now achieved the same sort of status as Adam and Lilith, and is off (possibly with Gendo's soul) to do something to bear witness to human life; maybe bringing life to another world

People can be back to this world (or maybe) if their mind r filled with heart but yet can shinju's mum also be the same as other people? oh maan wot would Shinji do to this world without his mum :cry:

Timstuff
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:46 pm

I don't get Yui's line about Evangelion existing forever though. They can still be blown up just like everything else, so it's not exactly a god-like existance, is it?

IMO, living in this 'verse forever would be pretty friggin' boring after a while, but I guess Yui doesn't care as long as Shinji is safe.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:53 pm

chz wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:1,2) She has now achieved the same sort of status as Adam and Lilith, and is off (possibly with Gendo's soul) to do something to bear witness to human life; maybe bringing life to another world

People can be back to this world (or maybe) if their mind r filled with heart but yet can shinju's mum also be the same as other people? oh maan wot would Shinji do to this world without his mum :cry:

Yup. We're doomed. In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti... Amen. :P
But I can't blame him. Just what can we expect him to do with a crushed mind, soul and family life? Shinji is just an ordinary person who was the wrong kid of the wrong father. I start to feel pity for him...
Heh. Its funny. The better you know a character the less you can blame him/her. In the end you feel pity for every character... Even Gendo.
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:00 pm

Timstuff wrote:I don't get Yui's line about Evangelion existing forever though. They can still be blown up just like everything else, so it's not exactly a god-like existance, is it?

You do need to apply comparable Transcendent force in a god v god battle to do an Eva (or Angel, which amounts to the same thing) damage. As the JSSDF demonstrated of more than one occasion.

And by the end, Yui had gathered the power of both Adam and Lilith into herself, and unfurled the 12 wings of the highest of the seraphim

Timstuff wrote:IMO, living in this 'verse forever would be pretty friggin' boring after a while, but I guess Yui doesn't care as long as Shinji is safe.

“Five billion years is but the blinking of an eye. That is not even the shores of the nearer abyss, billion-fold later, after the stars have gone out, and the galaxies sundered. If there are other Witnesses, they will gather by the deeps.”

Shinji is as safe as could be managed, with all the angel-stuff (and, implicitly eva-tech) neutralised.

chz wrote:oh maan wot would Shinji do to this world without his mum

Strangle the first person who climbs out of the ocean - and botch that job.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:48 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
You do need to apply comparable Transcendent force in a god v god battle to do an Eva (or Angel, which amounts to the same thing) damage. As the JSSDF demonstrated of more than one occasion.

You mean like how Ramiel was destroyed by a pre-existing weapon that had nothing to do with the Evas or Angels? I'm not too sure what you're saying here.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:39 am

Space Penis wrote:You mean like how Ramiel was destroyed

Good point.

chz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chz » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:07 am

so only shin and Asuka are the only surviver... but people can be back to this world yeah? Im quite curious as i said again shin's mum can do the same as other people to be alive?

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:26 am

Shinji and Asuka were the only ones shown to have deTangified themselves, yes, but Rei was also still present in some way.

Yui probably can't come back, since Unit 01 was last seen floating off into space. Taking the Earth's gravity and Eva's durability into account, there's always a possibility that Unit 01 might fall back to the surface of the planet. She might be able to return if that happened, but she preferred to remain inside Unit 01 if I understand correctly.

chz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chz » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:29 am

on ep 21... it says yui died in a freak accident but did she really die? even thou she only dissapeared and emerged to eva01. Isnt it like Shinji when he got dissolved in LCL?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:56 am

The real "what's going on" is given out in the 2003 conversation between Yui and Kozo on the shores of Lake Ashinoko. By that point, Yui was aware of what SEELE was planning by way the a Third Impact, and was conspring against them:

Episode 21' wrote:(Eyecatch: AD 2003

Hakone - Lake Ashinoko Levee)

Fuyutsuki: The same weather day after day...
The disappearance of autumm from this country is sad beyond words.

Fuyutsuki: According to the scenario ni SEELE's secret Dead Sea
Scrolls, Third Impact will definitely occur in a little over ten years.

Yui: Seele and Gehirn - organizations for preventing the final tragedy.

Fuyutsuki: I support your intentions, not SEELE's.

Yui: Fuyutsuki-sensei, it would be terribly dangerous to break that seal
onto the world.

Fuyutsuki: I've given all the materials to Ikari.
It's not something one can do alone.

Fuyutsuki: We won't repeat what happened last time.

Fuyutsuki: Oh, and I've also bee given a warning...
It seems that it would be no trouble at all for them to erase me.

Yui: And those who survived as well.
It's easy to exterminate people.

Fuyutsuki: Still, that's not reason for you to become a test subject.

Yui: Everything happens as it must.
That's why I'm with SEELE,
for Shinji's sake...

The rest of the conversation shows up almost at the end of EoE

She arranged to let her soul be transferred into an "unformatted" Evangelion so that she could survive until the crisis, and guide its outcome for her own ends (and at the very end, shut down all the Angel matter on Earth, and depart).

Shinji's case was different; Yui was just "pregnant" with him for a while again.

chz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chz » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:40 am

Overall Yui and Shin are both important part in the story of Evangelion after all really.. Is it? I think so, in my opinion... :(

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:49 pm

With the fate Yui has chosen, there really is no "going back". She is Eva, and possibly the Lilim's answer to Adam or Lilith, that is, a Seed of Life. Fuyutsuki's lines about how humanity has existed to create Eva brings to mind what is said about how a lifeform technically exists to propagate its genes. Could one think of the First Ancestral Race, or our brand of humans, as individual lifeforms, and Seeds of Life as means by which to propagate our 'genes' (or, rather, continue the human lineage on other worlds)? Yui's departing from Earth at the end, taking nothing with her but the Spear, and embarking on a journey into space, seems like it could well be a sans Moon replay of what Adam and Lilith underwent.

I actually don't think that Gendo was intent on bring Yui back the way she was, at all, but wanted to abandon a fragile and worthless mortal vessel to, ultimately, join her in transcendence. Instrumentality IS supposed to be an artificial means of human evolution, after all.

Darius
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Darius » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:49 pm

BobBQ wrote:Shinji and Asuka were the only ones shown to have deTangified themselves.

I don't want to seem like an ass...but isnt Tangent when you're able to touch things and being intanglible not being able to physically touch things? I believe thats what my english teacher told me...Unless she was wrong.

You know, I really did feel sorry for Gendo when he died, because all he really did was wan to bring Yui back to life in a physical body (atleast to my speculaiton).

Then when I saw the whole ReDeath hting I loved Gendo even more :lol:

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:04 pm

Wrong root word. The reference is in respect to Tang, the orange drink that sort of resembles LCL. So to be deTangified is to come back from the orange drink or the Tangification stage of existence.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:02 pm

@Darius
FYI:

http://www.evacommentary.org/appendix/geektionary.html#tang

and

http://www.evacommentary.org/images_capdoc/food-court_tang.jpg

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”