Persona 5

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Was surprised to see Igor there. Guess they got a new Japanese seiyuu (rest his soul)?

I'm pretty excited. A cat as a Persona user sounds pretty hype too. Move over Koromaru-chan :tongue:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:35 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Was surprised to see Igor there. Guess they got a new Japanese seiyuu (rest his soul)?

yeah they replaced him since Ultimax Igor had a few new lines in there
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:55 am

Must... finish... Persona 4... before this comes out! :derp:
System Administrator, Thread Surgeon General, Default Complaint Receptacle
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:57 am

ugh never actually beat a persona game but now i need to beat the Femmc's story of persona 3, actually play persona 4 and then this so that i have any idea who these characters are for shin megami tensei x fire emblem.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:04 am

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:since I didn't see anyone post the image of MC man and his persona

*Jojo vibes intensifies*

It's, or does the MC's persona looks a lot like the Persona 4 MC persona?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:ugh never actually beat a persona game but now i need to beat the Femmc's story of persona 3, actually play persona 4 and then this so that i have any idea who these characters are for shin megami tensei x fire emblem.

Sadly, Femc isn't Canon. . . :sniffle:
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:48 am

i dont care.
she is canon to me.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:05 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:or does the MC's persona looks a lot like the Persona 4 MC persona?

That's what I think every time I see him -- and it pleases me greatly.
System Administrator, Thread Surgeon General, Default Complaint Receptacle
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:20 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:It's, or does the MC's persona looks a lot like the Persona 4 MC persona?

I don't see the resemblance really, other than looking as humanoid.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:52 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:I don't see the resemblance really, other than looking as humanoid.

The high collared longcoat and face plate makes it look a lot like Izanagi from P4:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stan
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:24 pm

His persona seems pretty original if you ask me. It has wings and a big magicians hat, and also appears to be fire-based. It's definitely done in the same style as Izanagi -- but that's a given since it's the same artist.

SPOILER: Show

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:The high collared longcoat and face plate makes it look a lot like Izanagi from P4:

Izanagi's mask is segmented and shorter, a clean image of P5MC's persona would be nice to see though, nice to see the art is still as good as ever.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:08 am

Potter-kun's persona is called Arsène
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/09/persona-5-details-protagonist-setting-dungeons/
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri

Stan
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Scans! More details revealed, few more gameplay screenshots and full blown persona art!

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/dengeki-playstation-shares-persona-5-details-full-scans

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Arsène looks so great I like his design so much

also i heard that Potter-kun is going to be voiced by Jun Fukuyama (the voice of Lelouche) so I'm hyped for that.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Top hat? White mask?

My Gawd. He IS Tuxedo Mask!
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:55 am

View Original PostStan wrote:Scans! More details revealed, few more gameplay screenshots and full blown persona art!

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/dengeki-playstation-shares-persona-5-details-full-scans

That's completely Izanagi with wings! ANd it's official, P5 will be Persona meets Lupin III.
Not that both things aren't bad mind you!

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:That's completely Izanagi with wings!

You've got quite the imagination. After this image they seem further apart in regards to appearance. :hahaha:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:54 am

^
Okay, Izanagi with wings and a top-hat. :tongue:

Stan
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:18 am

The main website updated a few new scrrenshots
http://persona5.jp/

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”