3.0 to hit North American theaters in January 2014

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

3.0 to hit North American theaters in January 2014

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 pm

http://ow.ly/i/3GVbp Hooray!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:31 pm

I was JUST about it post this :lol:

Aww YEAH! I can't wait

edit: Funimation will "announce dates & cities in a few weeks" here's hoping it's sooner rather than
later.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Black Swordsman
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Black Swordsman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Wish this was more than the USA...would love if this came to Scotland :(

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:15 pm

I wish they weren't doing it at all. I really just want them to cut to the chase and release a domestic copy.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:18 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I wish they weren't doing it at all. I really just they to cut to the chase and release a domestic copy.

Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly and considering I live in a
small area I can guarantee you the nearest screening with be, like 5 or 6 states away from me :|

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Some "when"s and "where"s would be nice

I may be going to Katsucon in February so it'd be great to know if it's being screened there (would save me time and money going to see it elsewhere)

I know you're not much for the cinema experience Eva Monkey but uh these big silly movies were kind of made to be seen on the big screen
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:06 pm

I'd love to see this on the big screen if I didn't have to suffer through the insufferable dubs.

Oh well. I wouldn't worry too much about a theatrical release pushing the home video release back or anything. These small theatrical releases are almost purely for show & I'm positive we'll get the Bluray on that earlier mentioned February date or sometime in March.

Still impressive how fast all this 3.0 stuff has moved. At around this point during the 2.0 release campaign 2.22 had JUST hit Japanese Domestic Bluray/DVD.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Kind of shocked that people still bitch about the dubs for Rebuild. Like, I can't really imagine a mindset whereby they are not at least watchable, let alone an active deterrent from the otherwise enjoyable experience of seeing the movies on the big screen.

Oh well, weebs gonna weeb I guess.

If it makes you feel any better though GP the theatrical runs for both previous films have shown both dubbed and subtitled versions depending on location.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

SSJ Spartan01
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SSJ Spartan01 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Excited? Excited. . . doesn't. . .even. . .freakin. . . DESCRIBE IT! I'll definitely be checking this out. The cinema experience will just make it 10x better. I'm cool on waiting for the DVD release because I'll save it for the inevitable tetralogy blu-rei pack. :D

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Outside of Spike Spencer & Allison Keith the cast is pretty terrible across the boards as far as being actors go. And yes, I'm aware they do both subbed & dubbed. With any luck my area will get a sub option.

Also - let's not be pedantic here. This outlook of mine on dubbing is not strictly limited to fucking anime. If the filmmakers made that specific movie or TV show in another language no matter what language that may be - English, French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Dutch, Hindu, freaking Martian - than that's how I want to watch it. I feel that way about live action feature films, television & anime.

It's not being a "weeb".

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WunderBah » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:04 pm

I could imagine the huge slander this film would get if it aired along with Toonami's December movie nights next month.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Most non-weebs do not have such a powerful aversion to watching Japanese cartoons in English, even when they are dubbed with reasonable competency, that it prevents them from deriving pleasure from such an experience altogether.

Anyway, my problem with watching the movie on Toonami, as it is with watching any other movie on basic cable, is that I cannot tolerate the thought of watching a film with commercial breaks shoehorned in.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:57 pm

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:Oh well, weebs gonna weeb I guess.

"lol I can't deal with the fact that some people dislike dubs, so i'm gonna be edgy and call them weebs, lololololol!!!"

Get over your insecurity, man.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:57 pm

lol, "edgy"

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:03 pm

What does one call someone else who watches a French film in it's original French language I wonder... "Wrenches?" Does this make me a Wrench as well as a Weeb? What if I liked watching Downfall in it's original German language? I guess that would simply make me a Nazi or something.

Heheh. Yeah, I guess we are the scum of the Earth. :hint-hint:

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:21 pm

I watch some anime with my mom when I feel like spending free time with her. It's our way of bonding, I told her long ago after we watched 1.0 & 2.0 together that we're going to go see 3.0 theaters.

It's gonna be so AWESOME! Me and my mom, gonna go watch some Eva!
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Seeing this in theaters for the second time is going to be awesome. It's going to be hard to wait for this. ^_^

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:16 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:What does one call someone else who watches a French film in it's original French language I wonder... "Wrenches?" Does this make me a Wrench as well as a Weeb? What if I liked watching Downfall in it's original German language? I guess that would simply make me a Nazi or something.

Heheh. Yeah, I guess we are the scum of the Earth. :hint-hint:

Depends, do you bitch and moan endlessly about the existence of Point of No Return?

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Isn't there a thread for "Sub Vs. Dub"? Can't any future posts made about this pointless argument be moved there instead?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:29 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Isn't there a thread for "Sub Vs. Dub"? Can't any future posts made about this pointless argument be moved there instead?

What it comes down to is: folks should be able to express a preference without being harangued for it. Full stop. We really don't need random outbreaks of "you said something that threatens what I hold dear, so I must resort to insulting you in order to self-affirm".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”