The Missing BlazBlue Thread Caper! [split]

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

The Missing BlazBlue Thread Caper! [split]

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:36 pm

[Split from the Forum Wackiness thread. - Monk]

so I was looking for the blazblue thread in the video games sub forum and couldn't find it so I searched it
[URL=http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/finalmessenger/media/screencap_zps029b4d1d.png.html]Image[/URL]
then I clicked on one of the results and got this
[URL=http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/finalmessenger/media/screencap2_zps4bfa5f5d.png.html]Image[/URL]

so was the thread deleted?
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:44 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:so I was looking for the blazblue thread in the video games sub forum and couldn't find it so I searched it

Same thing happened to me.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Investigation and a resulting confession has revealed that it got merged into Fighting Games General.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:58 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Investigation and a resulting confession has revealed that it got merged into Fighting Games General.

We're stuffing games threads into generals now?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:01 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:We're stuffing games threads into generals now?

I had the same reaction.

Regarding why it was thought to be a good idea, that part of the investigation is still ongoing.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:08 pm

I personally think it's a little strange for a game specific thread to be put into a genre general thread. I mean if it was like Arc system works fighters general that would have been fine since all ASW games have similar system mechanics.
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Alright.

Like Final has said, your best bet for a solution is amalgamating all Arc System Works games into one thread if sticking small related threads together is what the mods had in mind.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:19 pm

*innocent whistle*

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/15397/Blazblue/

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:29 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:*innocent whistle*

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/15397/Blazblue/

O-okay.

Please consider what we've said if you ever feel we're too messy with our threads. It's better that way instead of being squished into a single fighting game general. We aren't that fond of that thread for obvious reasons. :uhh:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:38 pm

I guess it might not have been completely clear, but I didn't merge them. I don't see why that would be necessary. If there's 3 pages worth, it should have it's own thread.

At any rate, yeah, I went back through Google caches to find out what posts belonged to the Blazblue thread and split it back out into its own dedicated thread. Let me know if I missed anything, and above all, enjoy.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:43 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:At any rate, yeah, I went back through Google caches to find out what posts belonged to the Blazblue thread and split it back out into its own dedicated thread. Let me know if I missed anything, and above all, enjoy.

everything appears to be there thank you

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm

I did it. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Still seems that way to me now, actually, but apparently I've been overruled.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”