Peaceful Times... a new short film?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

Peaceful Times... a new short film?

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Moved to Rebuild subforum due to possibility of a connection with Rebuild. Feel free to shift this topic if it's explicitly confirmed to be an entirely different work.

Pardon the messy split/merge from Final speculation thread that was already on-going. -SSD

So, this mysterious post has appeared on the official Eva blog. Something about a new short film called Peaceful Times, and Megumi Hayashibara is apparently doing the narration. What could this be? Do you think it could be... *gasp*... Evangelion-related?! (Wishful thinking, I know.) Any ideas?

By the way, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum... I wasn't sure if it belonged here, or in Related Works & People, or even in the Rebuild forum, since there's so little information on exactly what this short film is. -o-;
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:23 pm

You had my curiosity but now you have my attention.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:57 pm

mmmmh... it's in EVA 3.0's official blog, the title "Peaceful Times" excludes the events of the trilogie(Angel War in 1.0 and 2.0, war against Gendo in a post-apocalyptic wasteland in 3.0) and the narration is made by Megumi Hayashibara, the seiyū of Yui and Rei...

Personally I've three guesses :

1/ it will be an equivalent of episode 21, where we'll be shown Rebuild's GEHIRN, Gendo and Yui's meeting and some interesting tidbits about SEELE's plans and preparations in this continuity

2/ it happens sometimes during the time skip, the in metaphysical place Rei and Shinji ended into at the end of 2.0. Maybe they'll meet Yui who will tell them some important events for when Shinji will be reconstructed, but he won't immediately remember it, explaining why he thought that mere moments before he was still saving Rei.

3/ it actually happens during Asuka, Rei-Q and Shinji's walk in the red desert, and he's remembering more peaceful times before this whole Eva madness befell him, maybe about his early childhood when Yui was still around, or maybe of the decade he lived with his teacher.

In both case, maybe we'll see the events of the Contact Experiment that were erased from Shinji's memories(in case #3 the mental shock he suffered during the movie unlocked the events of the Contact Experiment from his brain) because there must have been a reason why his memories of the events where whipped out!

That's my wild guesses.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Noriko is my wife
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Noriko is my wife » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Director credit shared by Maeda and Higuchi. Co-produced with P Productions. The title comes from a track from the 3.0 soundtrack. Sagisu's new record uses images from the storyboard as cover. See http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2624.html

So it's a promotional film for Sagisu's album? With Higuchi as the director maybe it's (part) live action.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 pm

when is this thing supposed to come out?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby LightDragonman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Does anyone have a translation to this:

[url]http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2624.html[/url]

Apparently, something Eva related is being released in November. Wonder if it has to do with FINAL.[/url]
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Peaceful Times is the track that was the Next Time Preview music for Final, it's the choir version of the normal preview music.

If I'm understanding this right, Peaceful Times(F02)petit film is some...thing...with narration by Hayashibara (Rei's seiyuu) that's going to premiere in the middle of November.

The article isn't sure just what this is, either.

I'm lost if this is a trailer for Final or maybe even a short film about the time skip or what. :chinscratch: I'm sure we'll receive more information soon enough, so no reason for us to over-speculate just yet. :wink:

I'm assuming it'll most likely be a little project related to Shiro's Songbook release, mentioned below the Peaceful Times info.

EDIT: ANN Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-27/evangelion-khara-produces-peaceful-times-f02-petit-film
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Peaceful Times (F02) petit film

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Link

We'll see how this goes, but I'm most curious about how the direction going to work out.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:50 am

So...is this supposed to be some kind of pseudo trailer for 4.0 or the events in between ha and q?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:05 am

I was kinda calm about this until I realized that the release is little more than two weeks away.

GET HYPE, PEOPLE!!!

This may be just a hunch, but I think there's a chance we'll get a release date drop for FINAL at the end of whatever this "petit film" is.

...I sincerely hope I didn't just jinx it.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:11 am

I really have no idea what it is, but I'm going to run along with the rest of the sheep and scream about it anyway. Besides, what else do we ever do when it comes to Eva? ;)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:15 am

Maybe this thing is the reason behind Khara's hiring of those new animators. Some kind of "proving ground" project?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:19 am

Is it confirmed that it's Eva-related, or it's just a Khara thing?
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:37 am

My first thought is a concert akin to the Evangelion Live Symphony, where the actors would come out every so often in between songs and perform vocals of their characters. But that's my wild speculation at work. (That, and it says "film" in the title. so..... what?) I really don't know anything more than what SSD stated above.

It can't be FINAL if Studio Khara just started hiring CGI artists for their project. Even a movie with a Hollywood budget would be hard pressed to complete animation for that in just 2 weeks, even if it is tailored not to appear photorealistic.

So, my curiosity is fueling my excitement at the moment. I just can't wait to see what this thing is.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:06 am

I hope that we at least get a release date for FINAL.....

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:32 am

I so can't wait now

It will be a blast even if it's a short movie

thanks anno ! hope it will not be too much 3d in it

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:18 am

I am excited! Comes out mid November(My birthday maybe? ^_^ ) Since we don't what this is other then it being Eva related, should this thread be moved to chit-chat or rebuild forum? Kinda think it could be exposed on this form a bit more, who knows what it could be?
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:28 am

Since it came out on the 3.0 official blog and there's a strong possibility that this is Rebuild-related, I'm moving this to the Rebuild subforum. Perhaps it will be like the "Parallel Works" for Gurren Lagann, which showed things like the beginnings of the Ganmen as lunar exploration vehicles, or Parallel Works 8 and its depiction of Lordgenome's origins. Perhaps.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 am

It's important to keep this information in mind: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/674656/Peaceful-Times-a-new-short-film/#674656

Higuchi has done plenty of live action/toku
Anno has that experience too
Pi Production is a toku studio

It will likely by some hybrid project.

Also note the wiki article for Pi Production mentions they've done motion capture work.
The preview for Final was done with motion capture.

So this film is either more practice with motion capture or may have been the end goal all along.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:09 am

I'm expecting it to be some sort of preview for Final.

(Note that the title is identical to that of the preview music)

Personally, I don't really like the idea of any sort of "explanatory extra material", that would just cheapen a lot of things.

In any case, any chance of possible Rei involvement has me both thrilled and terrified.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”