EGF's House of Lonely Hearts

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: EGF's House of Lonely Hearts

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:27 pm

TheFriskyIan wrote:So now I've been all giddy and happy since Sunday and I don't think it's going to go away until the date (and then I believe I'm just gonna be more excited and stupidly happy).

Congrats man, I hope everything goes well on Tuesday :thumbsup:
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Cybermat47
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:19 am

So... finding the right person is probably the biggest priority in my life right now. Which, from what I've heard, is a major turn-off for most people, so yay me.

The thing is, I have no idea how to go about meeting that person, and absolutely no idea how to introduce myself to them, probably due to my Asperger's Syndrome.

There are dating sites, yes, but do they actually have any success?

I'm genuinely frightened that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.

Watching Evangelion doesn't help...
My fanfics:
Evangelion 2.9: You Will (Not) Survive
Godzilla VS Evangelion: Who Will Know?

"I have to count my blessings, I have to learn my lessons, my fate is in the balance, I must go on believing!"
- Fate by Shirō Sagisu

silvermoonlight
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:34 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:So... finding the right person is probably the biggest priority in my life right now. Which, from what I've heard, is a major turn-off for most people, so yay me.

The thing is, I have no idea how to go about meeting that person, and absolutely no idea how to introduce myself to them, probably due to my Asperger's Syndrome.

There are dating sites, yes, but do they actually have any success?

I'm genuinely frightened that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.

Watching Evangelion doesn't help...

The best piece of advice I can give you or anyone else in this position is forget dating websites and go to places you enjoy going to and meet people with common interests. I know a lots of people who have met the love of there lives at conventions, seminars and workshops where they were going because it was something they were really interested in. ^_^
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

TheFriskyIan
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:There are dating sites, yes, but do they actually have any success?

Dating sites are legitimately the worst possible things ever. Unless you're in your mid-thirties looking for someone to settle down with they're highly discouraged. The mindset of most of your matches will not be to find a serious partner, and this is coming from someone who has tried them all including the expensive ones like Eharmony for the better part of three years, only to meet a cute girl at work. My first ever date was off OKCupid and it was the worst hour of my life, I sincerely want it back. They're really nothing but a huge headache.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 am

Just as a counterpoint to the hating on online dating sites, I would remark that my daughter (in her late 30s) made a wonderful marriage that way, and my wife's oldest and bestest friend (60s) has also found a really good match from the same site (match.com, in the UK). Both of course had enough relevant experience of previous relationships to enable them to assess people without too much naivety; but my point is simply that these sites can lead to good outcomes when sufficient care is taken.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Kaworu starts to prepare Shinji for dual-piloting (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ErgoProxy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:54 am

Cybermat47 wrote:I'm genuinely frightened that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.

Hm...

Not that I want to scare you or discuorage; a good relationship is certainly better than loneliness. But a bad relationship is nightmare you want to wake up from, but sometimes you just can't, for various reasons. I went through both infatuation and relationship (with two different women) only to find myself repeating various mistakes of my parents, over and over. And it wasn't a pleasant experience by any measure.

So I decided to stay lonely for a while – or maybe forever, who knows? – as far as now I'm kinda happy with my solitude.

silvermoonlight wrote:The best piece of advice I can give you or anyone else in this position is forget dating websites and go to places you enjoy going to and meet people with common interests. I know a lots of people who have met the love of there lives at a convention, seminars or workshops where they were going because it was something they were really interested in.

Precisely this! Cause sooner or later infatuation passes and all what remains in the long run is the everyday bittersweet. So when you're unable to befriend your partner/lover for some reason, it's a bad prognosis for the relationship. And common interests of course help much in making friends.
In my spirit lies my faith
Stronger than love and with me it will be
For always

- Mike Wyzgowski & Sagisu Shiro

Cybermat47
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll put it into practice ^_^

I am still confused as to how I introduce myself to a complete stranger in a meaningful way, though.

I do have plenty of friends, but I don't really know how they got there...
My fanfics:
Evangelion 2.9: You Will (Not) Survive
Godzilla VS Evangelion: Who Will Know?

"I have to count my blessings, I have to learn my lessons, my fate is in the balance, I must go on believing!"
- Fate by Shirō Sagisu

silvermoonlight
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:43 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:Thanks for the advice guys, I'll put it into practice ^_^

I am still confused as to how I introduce myself to a complete stranger in a meaningful way, though.

I do have plenty of friends, but I don't really know how they got there...

Just be yourself don't try and be anything other than that and I always try to do a conversation like I like your t-shirt its really cool where did you get it, your costume looks great how long did it take to make? That sort of thing ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

imprimatur13
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:10 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Just be yourself don't try and be anything other than that and I always try to do a conversation like I like your t-shirt its really cool where did you get it, your costume looks great how long did it take to make? That sort of thing ^_^

I agree. It may be difficult/awkward at first, but you'll get used to it, and you'll find it'll become easy with practice/time.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Chapter 1

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”