Why cant i watch those last 2 minutes!!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Nightwing
Embryo

Why cant i watch those last 2 minutes!!

•      
  •      

Postby Nightwing » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:29 am

As any Eva fan knows End of Evangelion featured the heavily detailed "death" of Eva unit 02.Many people saw it and had much to say about it. I however,have seen the battle leading up to it, the end result but i just cant watch the final 2 MINUTES of the fight. Im Soryu (HA!) I just freeze up and cant do it, but it seems to be really good. Anyone have any advice, or stories to help me.
Give me back Ayanami!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:00 am

With the official DVD release being well out of print, and hence seriously pricy, you may have to resort to finding the fansub by Zhentarim DivX of the Japanese renewal release, and get it in the best available video quality.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:00 am

To stay more strictly legal, you can find the renewal video on Italian CDs of EoE at a perfectly sensible price (it's been released in France now as well). Rip this and add in subs from your preferred source (or even the dub, as I've done) and you're away.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:29 am

You could just do what I do and torrent it (although that's kind of illegal).

Although I also get the feeling that he's saying that he can't bring himself to watch those two minutes, it's not a technical issue or anything...
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:34 am

huh? I read that as the OP saying he can't bring himself to watch it, not something about not having the film available.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:55 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:huh? I read that as the OP saying he can't bring himself to watch it, not something about not having the film available.

We need to send these characters back to internet school and teach them how to read things in full. :lol:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:37 am

Heh! I admit I was just responding in isolation to Mr Tines's (implied) suggestion of downloading without referring back to the OP. :bigeyes:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nightwing
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nightwing » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:53 am

Why are we talking about dvds i`m talking about watching eva unit 2 get ripped apart
Give me back Ayanami!

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:01 am

Well, there's no real way to get through it easily.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:05 am

...It's just really a place where the script decides to be a biatch.

The worst thing probably was that there was this interview with Miyamura right after the release of "Death and Rebirth".
"I'm hoping for Asuka to finally get her happy ending! ~~"

...cue Asuka being massacred in the worst possible way of the first few minutes of new footage. Just after she finally overcame her sorry state and met her mommy, too.

Asuka just never gets a break - There she seemed to be on the way to becomming a better human being in 2.0, cue Bardiel swallowing her up and a near apocalypse (caused by none other than her best friend, to boot!) kills nearly everyone she knows...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Nightwing
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nightwing » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:43 am

So theres just no way to get past it at all?
Give me back Ayanami!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:47 am

View Original PostNightwing wrote:So theres just no way to get past it at all?

Personally, I think there's worse later on.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:12 pm

View Original PostNightwing wrote:So theres just no way to get past it at all?

If it can help, think that after that she's collected by Rei/Lilith and come back to life after Instrumentality probably gave her a little mass therapy session like it did to Shinji.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Well its a gruesome scene.

But the ending may lessen some of its effects.
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

Nightwing
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nightwing » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Yeah about that i never watched EoE full on Shinji`s little visit to Asuka (which im pretty sure was monitored the whole time) pretty much made me flick through the movie until i reached asukas battle scene after seeing Rei lose her arm and the Harpies surround Unit 2 I jumped ship and started to watch Dbz
Give me back Ayanami!

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:10 am

So uhh.. you haven't scene the final scene of EoE?

You should watch "those final two minutes" and then watch EoE then. As an Asuka fan, trust me, things turn out (relatively) ok.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:12 am

View Original PostNightwing wrote:Yeah about that i never watched EoE full on Shinji`s little visit to Asuka (which im pretty sure was monitored the whole time) pretty much made me flick through the movie until i reached asukas battle scene after seeing Rei lose her arm and the Harpies surround Unit 2 I jumped ship and started to watch Dbz

Well, you're missing out... Stop that!

Hahah really though if you can't stomach it, it's completely ok.
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:35 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:huh? I read that as the OP saying he can't bring himself to watch it, not something about not having the film available.
Forgive my autism. I'd expected from the title that it would be about emotional response, but the OP seemed to be more stating it as a technical problem, and I responded accordingly.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Sorry to say this, Nightwing, but you have to sit through 100% of EoE. I've seen that scene and the entire film itself more than once, and I was able to sit through the disturbing imagery. Now be a brave user, and get this over with!
... though, I can't blame you on witnessing the torture that lies within EoE. We went from weekly Mecha fights and fanservice to an emotional/psychological roller-coaster of a lifetime. ... This is one of those reasons as to why I love this franchise!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:34 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Personally, I think there's worse later on.
Seconded. Given the metaphysics of the setting, mere corporal matters are merely transitory worries -- besides by that point we've seen some scenes that were also in episode 25, so things are clearly going to be looking up later.

Once we get past the physical and into Shinji's Cartesian Theatre, things are much more direct. It's not just sitting in a chair being harangued as per the TV ending.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”