Why cant i watch those last 2 minutes!!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:39 pm

View Original PostNightwing wrote:Asuka vs Mp evas

You are in for a treat!
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:22 pm

I seem to recall the Soryus' death scene hitting me the hardest, but, since I was a weird Eva fan from the very beginning, I cared more about the Eva than about Asuka. :devil: "NOOOO, KYOKO-SAMAAAAAAAA!!!" After that, I was just emotionally dead... The most anything else could do was confuse.

Now I can usually watch that scene with clinical detachment, and it's the Yume no Sukima scene later on that punches me in the gut. Always comes down to the Evas, doesn't it, Rachel?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 pm

I remember the first time I saw it. I marathoned the show and EoE over the course of a few days the first time I saw it.

Chuckman wept.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 pm

First time I saw it I didn't even realize Asuka died. Guess I was so caught up in everything else I completely missed it. Wasn't until the second time watching that I had to stop it and go back because "Wait what? Did her arm just get cut in half?" after which I connected the dots.

Kind of robs both that scene and the beach scene of quite a bit of emotional impact I imagine.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Nightwing
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nightwing » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 am

Well Its been a good three days since ive seen it and honestly its starting to go away found out that watching something the exact OPPOSITE of it as soon as it was over helped numb the scare and shock i went to the Exact opposite of Evangelion in anime
Give me back Ayanami!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”