Not Your Average Day - Weird Stuff Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Not Your Average Day - Weird Stuff Thread

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:10 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I went target shooting yesterday! I was able to try out five different pistols (and learned that I like the Beretta M9 and the Sig Sauer P224.) I've never been shooting before, and I thought that since I'm going to be voting this year and I assume gun control is going to be one of the issues, I would not want to vote on restricting access to something that I didn't really have any experience with.

I had a great time. I'd certainly go again.

I like to go target shooting myself. I don't have a firearm of my own and always have just used ones that friends bring along. I'm a pretty good shot with a rifle or smaller caliber pistol. I tried my hand at using a Colt 1911 Gold Cup once. Fun as hell to shoot, but I could barely hit the broadside of a barn with it. .45 ACP is a bit large for me to handle.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:21 am

Saw some surreal shit last night. It was starting to get late - around 9:30PM or so - and I was taking the garbage out. On my way to the dumpster, I saw someone standing in the dark looking down the street, almost as if in a daze. There was very little illumination from the street lights, but I could see this person was in a young boy's private school uniform. Not sure if you guys have the kind where you live; but this was the wide brim hat, shorts, knee-high socks and black shoes kind of deal. Except, this man was in his 30s at least. I'm talking well middle aged: Portly build, scruffy facial hair, looked sweaty too. Big, big guy; the uniform barely fit him. I was completely dumbstruck. Looked around; no one else to be seen anywhere. Continuing to stare off into nothing, said man then started walking down the street. Everything was eerily quiet. I made my way back to my flat but I must've looked over my shoulder two, three times, easy, just to check myself. What the actual fuck, man.
Last edited by Blue Monday on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:26 am

Maybe a straggler from a stag party? If it's anything like over here people dress up in school uniforms for parties sometimes.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:30 am

Could explain the ketamine fuelled-like 1,000 yard stare... replete with costume many sizes too small and backpack. Fucking weird, I tell you.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:30 pm

We went out for a team pub lunch where one of the brews on offer was Milton Brewery's Pegasus, which a few of us decided to have. The guy buying the first round thought he'd be clever, asked for "Three Pegasi", to which the barmaid said, "There was only one of him, and anyway, he was Greek, so it would have been Pegasodes." Only in Cambridge.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Reminds me of when I learned that it's not "octopi", but either "octopuses" or "octopodes" (which my browser spell-checker underlines, but not the first one!).

...Except that due to the way languages evolve anyway and what's wrong eventually becomes right, it's probably safe to say that it really is "octopi" at this point.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:37 am

I was walking my dogs behind my apartment building when a lady on the second floor waved and said "So cute!" I smiled and waved back saying "Thank you!" She quickly said "Not you! The dogs!" I laughed even though that wasn't the best thing to hear with my low self esteem and responded "Ha, I know thank you!" Then she even added "I have a boyfriend!" Um, ok? At least I wasn't the one causing an awkward conversation for once.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:55 pm

How egocentric of her. At that point, I feel like it would be completely okay to say something rude back, like "I only date pretty girls anyways." Then just keep on walking.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:58 pm

It might've felt good but I'm just hoping she was being awkward and not malicious.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:33 pm

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:I was walking my dogs behind my apartment building when a lady on the second floor waved and said "So cute!" I smiled and waved back saying "Thank you!" She quickly said "Not you! The dogs!" I laughed even though that wasn't the best thing to hear with my low self esteem and responded "Ha, I know thank you!" Then she even added "I have a boyfriend!" Um, ok? At least I wasn't the one causing an awkward conversation for once.

"Then quit hitting on my dogs!"

*keeps walking*
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:24 pm

This happened yesterday, but I forgot to post it here. I received a package, but I didn't order anything. I opened it only to find math worksheets. Based on some information that was on the sheets, they were meant for a school district in California. How the hell did that happen?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:48 pm

I was just on the bus in Los Angeles, and we passed by a red sports car with a license plate that read 'Asuka 2', and I had a geek moment. I wonder if this mysterious driver has a blue and a purple car to complete the set.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:23 pm

In the aftermath of new years I was going to Church with my mom for the first time since September. And on the way there was a traffic jam. What caused the traffic Jam?

Panties. Dozens of em.

I wish I were kidding. There were panties, green, black, red etc. All over the side of the road. Some in the middle, but most had been blown over to the side of the road by the cars or the wind. People were rubber necking to get a view of the female undergarments.

I walked into the aftermath of a really messed up episode of a harem anime. I wish i had gotten a picture.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:05 am

All we are is pantsu on the wind
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Sunday evening, a woman on our street was forced at gunpoint into the utility basement of the apartment building I live in. She was beaten and sexually assaulted. I was awake at the time, and two floors up, but I didn't notice anything amiss until the police showed up. Someone was raped right in the building where I live -- it's not a terribly large building, either, probably the smallest in the complex -- and nobody noticed. (Except the downstairs dog, maybe, but she barks at fucking everything.)

I don't know how this happened. It doesn't make sense. Everyone seems to feel the same way. This is an active, pedestrian-friendly area. People always coming and going. The stairwell to that utility basement isn't hidden or anything; it's right along the driveway to the parking lot, and for a lot of residents it provides the easiest on-foot access to the street. This happened around 5PM, hardly an odd hour.

Yesterday a news crew came up to ask us questions. My boyfriend got the door, so he got to do the talking. But today the police finally started asking everyone if they knew anything, and I got to deal with that alone. I felt so useless. The only thing I could think of that might be pertinent at all was someone loitering in their car in the lot one night -- I can't even remember which night, since all days flow together for me -- he gave me a weird vibe. Can't remember exactly why, but I do remember wanting to avoid eye contact (implying the guy was looking around in the first place, which feels weird) and hightailing it back to the apartment. Since I didn't get a good look, I couldn't say for sure whether he fit the limited description of the assailant. But, yeah, felt real useless. This rapist is at large and my memory is so shitty that I can't offer anything to find him.

Now I've got this weird gut-twisted feeling running through me. I think it happened yesterday, too, after the news crew came by. I feel awful... vaguely nauseous, scared, and verging on tears. I'm not afraid for myself, exactly. But being mere meters away from a crime scene while that crime happened makes me feel both powerless and scummy. Less scummy, I suppose, than if I knew it was happening and just watched like an idiot, but it still feels really bad. That poor woman has to live with this terrible thing that happened. You hear about this shit but you never think it will take place right next to you. And then it does.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:19 pm

It might be worth reaching out to the police to see if there's anything you can do for the victim (only through them, mind; since they're an official channel they're a safe way to contact her, whereas more direct contact might just make things worse). She might not want to have any contact with anyone, but if she does community support can be very helpful during a traumatic time like this.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 pm

That's horrible. Try not to let it get to you, and be careful out there.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Meanwhile, on a lighter note, I bought this today.

When you see it...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm afraid you're going to have to explain that pie.
the prophecy is true

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Like the label says, it's a (locally) hand made steak and horseradish pie; with the legally required "Use by" date on it. "Today" is 25-2-17.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”