Anyone not like beer?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

Anyone not like beer?

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:12 am

I don't really get why Misato and Ornette are all over beer. It's pretty bland or even worse bland. I've tried Heineken and it was ok, but I don't think I could drink a bottle of it, much less get drunk on it.

I hope in a couple of years, I will finally appreciate it, because I want to be classy and enjoy microbrews like all the other adults out there.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:42 am

I know quite few girls who don't care much for beer and at least 2 guys too. It's not exactly that common in my experience but it isn't unheard of either so don't worry, you ain't that odd. :lol:

When I first started drinking alcohol I didn't care much for beer either and it took year or two for me to get used to them. Nowadays I love few things more than good beer. In other words, there's hope for you too! ^_^

Last but not least it also matters what beer you're trying because this world sure is full of godawful beers in wide distribution. Carlsberg, for one.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:52 am

Try different kinds man, a good, cold beer is nothing short of great.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 am

Couldn't really care for the stuff, but I'm impartial because I don't even drink anymore.

My partner slams 'em back like Coca-Cola, though.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:00 am

Not really a fan of alcohol in general. I'll stick to iced tea and ginger ale for now.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Anyone not like beer?

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:09 am

View Original Postchaosakita wrote:I don't really get why Misato and Ornette are all over beer. It's pretty bland or even worse bland.
Beer in the US has is still recovering from the effects of Prohibition, and the aftermath when any sort of alcoholic piss that didn't contain methanol was considered acceptable. And Heineken (export/international version at least), which gained its popularity in the UK at the height of the plastic beer era (the 1970s), is another of those totally inoffensive vaguely malt-flavoured acid-fizzy cold hard sodas in the same vein. The Japanese export beers I've tried are also in the same bucket, so I reckon that Misato would be in it just for the alcohol.

That sort of beer has its place -- pulling a cold can out of the fridge after getting hot and sweaty working in the garden in the heat of summer; but for the cool drink and rehydration, I'll usually commit shandy, as a halfway decent lemonade makes it taste of something.

Real ale is one of those things that are an acquired taste in adulthood, just like most bitter things (spinach, broccoli, ...), and even there, tastes vary on the spectrum from malty to hoppy. And the export and native versions of the same named brew are never the same -- Guinness in this country resembles the nectar drawn in Dublin in looks but not in taste -- so it is difficult to make recommendations at a distance.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:56 am

I don't really like beer, most of it isn't very good. I only took a picture swilling it to mimic Misato.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:31 am

Malts are good times, though my drinking has become downright tame compared to my younger, stupider days. I generally tend towards hard ciders rather than beer though, or just going to mixed drinks instead. Whiskey sour ftw.

I can't stand anything too Hoppy. Or anything with Rum.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:36 am

There are a quite a few drinks I prefer to beer.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:09 am

Absolutely hated it at first, eventually got used to it. I can drink it, but it ranks pretty much at the bottom of the scale for me. There were a few rare beers that I did like - Guinness, for one.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:16 am

I will never touch POOPhol in my life!

That is my [s]ninja[/s] way.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:35 am

Beer (and alcohol in general, really) is an acquired taste - it's Stockholm Syndrome for your tastebuds, in that you drink it until you start liking it. I've only recently begun to appreciate a good brew, and that's because I've quit everything else (cigs, marijuana).

That said, Shiner is some of the best non-craft beer you can get your hands on, and I strongly urge you to try one at some point.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:20 am

I only drink water. Also, didn´t we have a similar thread?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am

I don't like alcohol in general, however I have enjoyed a few mixed drinks. Probably because I am a girl.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 am

It takes a while to get used to. I couldn't stand it when I started drinking. It was exactly what I thought pee tasted like. But over the years I've tried different kinds and have found my favorites. Now beer isn't my first choice but a cold beer on a hot day is refreshing.....or with fried food...really good. :wink:
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 am

Vodka is the best alcohol

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:40 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Vodka is the best alcohol
You're insane, surely you jest :^l)))

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:44 am

I jus' drink boddingtons after a hard day and am not sophisticated enough to try others beers, unless anyone can recommend some in the UK.

I really didn't like beer and alcohol in general for a while.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:53 am

I've never liked beer. I'll drink it socially, and if I'm overseas and getting it on tap I'll even somewhat like it, but for the most part I avoid it. Instead I drink straight rum, probably more than I ought. It does the job, but man, my liver can't be very happy with me these days.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 pm

I don't drink beer, except that lager seems the right drink with an Indian meal. In the pub it's cider; with a meal, wine (reds slightly preferred generally); at night a decent single malt (Islay for preference). But only a couple of times a week whatever.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”