Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Days [OOC]

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:18 am

I'd thought about incluying Gale in my post, but I didn't really know where I should locate him (I don't know much about him after all), so I avoided mentioning him so to give you freedom. I hope you understand.

And regarding the identityof the figure... I'm not revealing it, b he/she/it should appear as someone important to Gale. His mother, father... Stuff like that.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Alright, News flash!:

1) You know the last update?, The one that limited the Nerv NPCs that you can play?... Yes, I'm scrapping that. You can control any NPCs you want to excepting major NPCs such as Doctor Mayo, Commander Marlowe and the yet to introduce Major Levi. Those are under my control.

2) The RP will be streamlined to avoid short posts and to make it all more fluid. I lack the time to do so, thus someone else would have to do it. Any volunteers?, If not, I'll try to get in contact with the staff so I may be able to do it whenever I have the time to do so.

3) I'd like to remind you that the positions for pilot of the units 00, 01 and Mark.06 are still open. Unit-01's should be the child of Commander Marlowe and Mark.06's a vessel for Adam's soul. If you know anyone that would be interested in joining and occupying these positions I'd like to encourage you to invite them.

4) Can you all send me the info regarding your personalized Pentecost Mode?, For now, you can have only one, but I may very well allow you to have several.

GOTTAGOGOTTAGOGOTTAGO!!!

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:41 pm

And so, I have posted... And with this post we set off on the start of Gale's brand of crazy. YAAAAAY
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:45 pm

I *really* want to draw up some Gale art now. That is to say, some choice scenes of his apparitions floating about his head could make for some brilliant/hilarious work.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:06 am

Posted, All the Russian! I'm working under the assumption that a few other pilots were wrangled up before Veronika.

Also, those open pilot slots, are we allowed to apply for a second character? I have other ideas. :D
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Alright, awesome first posts the two of you. Especially you BPES, you just gave me the chance to introduce another NPC.

Also, DOVAH!!, I want signs of life from ya'!, I'll send you a PM and I want you to post here asap so I know I can still count on you.

Lance, of course you may create another character, that's what all the extra slots are for :3!

Haveaniceday!!!

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Second character eh? Interesting, I may have some ideas Mwuahahahaha
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Post up! :devil:

I now wonder... Is Eliza the most unstable of the pilots? Guess we will have to wait to find out hehehe.

EDIT: Edits done and post back up! If there are any problems just let me know!
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:56 am

Gonna start building my second character. Really commit to making this frigger. XD

Name: Hervé Yves Bretagne
Age & Date of Birth 22nd August 2001
Nationality: French
Previous Station: 8th Branch Seraphad

Appearance: A handsome young man with long black hair, tied back in a ponytail and green eyes. He is average height with swarthy skin, but a leaner build than his better trained teammates. He prefers to wear only his own clothes, which tend to lean towards casually practical and refuses to put on anything given to him unless he has personally washed it first.

Suit Colours: Red with black accents. Has a status screen built into the left arm so the pilot can be aware of their own vitals.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit-09 (BP, I got it. :D)
-- Spirit: Father
-- Descent: Lilith
-- Technical Specifications: One of the many attempts to make the Evas more effective in battle, Unit-09 was created with the intention of creating an Angel Predator. While not capable of being equipped with more heavy duty Eva equipment, its natural adaptations make it quite the frightening opponent. Its armaments include -:

Acidic Saliva/Sweat Producing Pores - Unit-09's pores produce an acidic liquid which can dissolve Particle-Wave Matter while acting as a potent solvent to most other forms of matter. While Unit-09's skin and exoskeleton are immune to the effects, it's armour is not, requiring further development in that regard. Its primary offensive use for this ability is to grab its opponents, corroding them, removing the need to equip 09 with a progressive knife.

Nano-Tech Regenerative Armour - A fruit of Seraphad's labours, its restraining armour will repair itself from damage. While making it an effective defensive tool, its primary use is to prevent Unit-09 from destroying its own restraints.

Pylon Mounted Larva Hive - Unit-09's right pylon is host to a hive of larval drones that are controlled and communicated with by Unit-09 through an unknown quantum effect. When exposed to open air, the larva mature quickly, their hides hardening and developing wings. Their senses can be relayed back to Unit-09. As well as being used as scouts, they also have the same acidic fluids of their host, making a large enough swarm an effective weapon when directed by the pilot. Each Larva, when matured is roughly the size of a small car, but their lifespan is exceedingly short, lasting at most twelve hours after being exposed to open air.

Pylon Mounted Hex launcher - Unit-09's left pylon contains three vertical launchers. An upgrade of the spike launcher, each spike is engraved with Angel Sealing Hex symbols. At such a small size the weapons are unlikely to stop an Angel, but should cause painful wounds if they pierce the hide.

-- Design: Unit-09, at first glance, seems like a creature that went horribly wrong, possessing two extra arms sprouting from just beneath its regular pair and its left leg being artificial from the knee down. While it maintains the humanoid shape of the Evas, its body appears even thinner than that of its brethren with chitinous armour taking the place of the typical Evangelion coverings across its right upper arm and both lower arms.

Its head possesses a rotating disk at the front with six green lenses that move towards and away from the centre of the disk independently of one another, allowing Unit-09 to focus at multiple targets and distances at once. It also possesses a highly pronounced jaw section which has not only been sealed with armour, but wired shut with lengths of high tensile cable, creating the illusion of pointed triangular teeth. It's primary colour is hotrod red while its insectoid parts are naturally black and it's artificial leg is coloured to match them. The highlights of its body are a neon green like its eyes and run along the pylons, right leg, left arm and hips.

Background: Hervé is the child of a highly decorated General in the French Military and a U.N. Diplomat. Due to his parents schedules, Hervé spent most of his childhood moving around military bases, his parents, while trying, were mostly absent. While nothing devastating ever occurred, the constant reminder of his parents station made Hervé both highly invested in image and deeply paranoid.

At age nine, Hervé lost his mother. While visiting on a U.N. Inspection of Nerv's 4th branch, a 'containment failure' resulted in her death. While Hervé himself saw it as an unfortunate accident, his father took the incident with less grace. Pushing for France to become more involved with Anti-Angel work, he resigned his position to become a military consultant to the 8th branch. A year later, the General had passed due to stress and Hervé was selected as the one of the most recent children.
Last edited by Lance of LoL on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 am

If you ask me, you are all equally 'mentally & emotionally impaired' lol, though that could be said of almost every single character in the original series e.e

Anyways, first of all, an update... And this one begins with a game!:

1) Yes, you read well!, From now on you not only are playing your characters, but also "Point Out the Shout-Out!"!. You see, I normally include references in my posts. Many of them. Some are very blatant, while others are much more subtle and may in fact not be found in the post itself, but in something that I linked to on it, for example.

These shout-outs will pay tribute to many things, such as books, music, Evangelion and its fandom, other animes, videogames and even to a certain pr0n movie!

Each accurately pointed reference will grant you 10 Burger Points, and the ones regarding the cult classics of men's favourite genre will earn 1000 BPs!!... But who cares, these BPs are worthless so who cares right?... Well, they are actually worth something!

Whoever manages to obtain 1000 BPs will be able to exchange it for a golden ticket for you pr anyone else that may be used IC. Doing so will take you to the plane I call home, THE FANTABULOUS MEAT DIMENSION :D!!!

EXCITED?!, I certainly am!, The game's on ladies and gentlemen! There are 6 shout-outs in my first post and there is one in the OOC thread as well. Two of these are still really difficult to identify, so whoever is able to do so now will earn 100 BPs. However, they will go back to the normal value on my next post, SO HURRY UP!!!

Among them there is also an extremely hard one that I doubt very much you'll be able to find in at least a very long, long time. That one is worth 250 BPs and will keep its value until the last day of November 24:00h GMT Greenwich (my time).

2) Secondly and more importantly... Would you like to affect the plot of the RP?, To affect its direction and become not only a player but the coauthor of the story?, Well, now you can!, I'm opening up the subplot submission contest box, which means that you may submit your ideas as a PM to me and the ones I like the most and, most importantly, that are compatible with the main plot, will be integrated as a subplots for everyone to enjoy!

Here you have some guidelines you should try to follow:
-- 1) I'd like to see subplots that are related to the branches from which your characters are from. Not a must though.
-- 2) You may create major NPCs, allies and enemies for your subplots, if you do, give them some depth. A name, a past, and a personality, even if these are not really extent.
-- 3) Avoid using clichés in excess, nobody likes it when a story is nothin' but a pile of 'em.
-- 4) I like to work on things with people to hopefully improve them and make it all feat nicely, so you should expect me asking you to do some modifications, though I'll try to avoid it if it doesn't seem necessary.

3) Thirdly, and even more importantly... It hasn't escaped my attention (and surely it hasn't escaped yours either) that there's a lot of difference between the time you are available online and the time when I am, with me residing in western Europe and all.

This is why I've decided to create a set a definite RP session time. Besides the normal weekly RP time, we will be gathering all Saturdays and Sundays at 22:00-24:00 (Spanish hour) to advance quicker. That'd be 16:00-18:00 for those at U.S.' East Coast and 14:00-16:00 for those on the west coast, I believe.

For some reason the irc chat isn't working for me, so the meetings will probably held through Skype or other alternative means.

Setting this up correctly will take some time, so it'll likely not be ready for this weekend. To begin with, I'll need you to tell me the hours at which you'll be available to RP on Sturdays and Sundays so we can establish a definitive hour. Please, say said hours both in your own GMT and Greenwich's, that'd ease this for me quite a lot.

Alrighty, I'm finishing this update with a thank you note for Dovah for posting (even though you ignored the initial dream sequence, but we'll talk later about that), and a note to remind you that I need to receive the info in your Pentecost mode.

It isn't something urgent, but the sooner the better... Plus, I'm a pretty liberal guy. I'll be allowing as many modifications as you wish even once you have already sent it. Not to mention that you are allowed to have several (yes, this is a confirmation), since Pentecost is supposed to be, in most cases, an evolution that allows for the Unit to better adapt to the present circumstances and that thus it changes depending on these. Though that doesn't mean that the Pentecost mode cannot be conceived as a power boost, I would like you to think of it as an specialization that allows you to perform certain tasks better.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:01 am

CD1A, the conference room, is also a protein in DNA, could be a reference to parts of Nerv HQ being named after parts of the body, like the Pribnow Box etc.

Other than that, I got nothin'.

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:35 am

I'm impressed with your guess. That was VERY smart... Shame that it's incorrect.

However, I'm awarding you with 10 BP. For the effort.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:58 am

I feel like the bit where Noah comes out of the showers is kind of like Firefox (the movie, not the web browser).

Firefox  SPOILER: Show
It's the part where Clint Eastwood has infiltrated the Russian base as a fake test pilot.

Other than that, I think 6420SSTB6240 is probably a thing. I just don't know what sort of thing.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:10 pm

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:Other than that, I think 6420SSTB6240 is probably a thing. I just don't know what sort of thing.

Ah. I didn't expect you to find out that quickly. I shouldn't tell you this, but fuck it, I will... Somewhere there is the 250 BP Shout-Out. No more clues~

PD: For some reason, this is the only thing I can think of when I read your mentions to 'Nerv's burly men' XD : http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/ChoAniki

PD2: Whaddaya think about my new theme song~<3?

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:07 pm

'ere we go, wanted to grind this out before my interview.

Now, I must state that I do not actually know Korean, Chinese, German or Japanese. Google translate is a decent enough crutch for RP'ing, at least when it works in both directions. That said, while Chinese, German and Japanese translations are all pretty good when translated back to English, Hangul is atrocious. Therefore (as it is her primary language) Korean will be represented as English. In spoken conversation (as the pilots all start using Japanese or some common language and we represent it in English) I will make some effort to differentiate between the norm and Korean, probably by using international quotation marks.

For instance:
「Oh, sorry, I not so good at Japan. Know little anyway, so maybe we talk.」 would be her (very broken) Japanese.

"Ah, that's much better. I'm glad you know Korean." is Korean.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:57 pm

SSTB is an abbreviation of So Sad, Too Bad, used by StarCraft players. ¬_¬ I tried working the numbers, but fuck it.

It's also the Swedish Software Testing Board, but I doubt that's it.

Anyway, can i get a word on Hervé there? He's actually finished.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:08 am

I take note of it Agent. Thanks for the info and for posting ^^!

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:SSTB is an abbreviation of So Sad, Too Bad, used by StarCraft players. ¬_¬ I tried working the numbers, but fuck it.

It's also the Swedish Software Testing Board, but I doubt that's it.

Anyway, can i get a word on Hervé there? He's actually finished.

Now, wouldn't it be ridiculously easy if it was the very first result you get when you google SSTB?, Both guesses are incorrect.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg303/angel_kurikura/Music/Coheed%20and%20Cambria/The%20Amory%20Wars%20and%20Kill%20Audio/char_mayodeftinwolf.gif

Here you have this pic of Doctor Mayo. It's the only lead you should need.

And regarding Herv...

"its body appears even thinner than that of its brethren with chitinous armour taking the place of the typical Evangelion coverings across its right upper arm and both lower arms."

Is this chitin produced by the Eva itself?, If so, how does it produce it?, has the body been to bioengeneered to be able to produce it?, After all, being made of particle-wave matter, an eva shouldn't be able to produce chitin, perhaps it could imitate it in the same manner the angel's genetic information is similar to that of human's, but it still wouldnt be chitin as we know it... I ask this more out of curiosity than anything else, so a small clarification, through PM if there's any info you'd like to maintain private, will sufice.

"Its head possesses a rotating disk at the front with six green lenses that move towards and away from the centre of the disk independently of one another"

Love dat shit. Just so you know.

All's bitchin'. Approved. VERY approved.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Am I supposed to be posting? Whose turn is it? what is going ON?!

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:11 pm

I reckon you could probably post Hervé's intro... I propose future post order just be pilot order as in the original post, with maybe exception of people with multiple characters who could just go once per round.

That said, I like the idea of keeping a format where the DM (in this case BoP) sort of heralds the next round with their own post. (What can I say, if it ain't broke... XD)

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm so, so very sorry. It's my time to post, and I would have done so already if the little time I have online every day wasn't spent attempting to satisfy my unquenchable thirst for Stone Ocean chapters.

Luckily enough, I've only have left 20 chapters or so and my post is almost ready. I'm currently giving it the final touches. However, if any of you, Lance and BPES, wish to introduce your secondary characters before my next post, you can do so. I'd have to redo parts of my post though, so unless you really want to, I'd be glad if you let me post first.

Regarding post order, I'm quite flexible. If you want a definite, rigid post order, I'll give ya' one. If you want no post order at all... Well, I doubt we could function properly like that... But if you want what Agent proposed, I'm all for it.

The system I envision goes like this: You all post, read eachother's posts, ask me wether I can place you sooner or later in the next round (or if you want to post again in the present round for that matter) and then, once everything is figured out, I post, announcing the requested and new post order. If no changes are requested in the post order, the present one is maintained (excluding extra posts from players).

When it comes to extra posts, the players are to wait until everyone behind them has posted. However, they can ask them to allow him/her to post first. Should everyone give their consent, the player requesting the extra turn can post immediately. If some say no and others say yes, the ones that said no will post in the order they were in and then the requesting player can post. Is it clear enough?, Is there something else you would like me to explain.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”