Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Days [OOC]

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Well I've been thinking about whether to join or not for a while, but I didn't say anything in case I decided not to go for it.... then I decided to go for it and so I figured, eh I may as wlel do my CS first then... so here it is.

hope you enjoy ;)

SPOILER: Show
Name: Gale “Bomani” Winters
Age & Date of Birth 13/1/2001
Nationality: American
Previous Station: Nerv 2nd branch, Area 51

Appearance: Standing Average for his age in height, he is well built with tanned skin, roughly cut black hair and dark blue eyes. He has numerous scars across his body and calloused hands. He likes to wear layered clothing so he can conceal small defensive armaments on his person.
Suit Colours:A primarily white suit with black highlights. There are touches of the colours red, blue, green and brown striped across the shoulders.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: “Astraea” (Experimental type Unit.04)
-- Spirit: A portion of Gale’s soul.
-- Descent: Lilith
-- Technical Specifications:
Armour type E: A set of outer armour designed solely for the purpose of channelling the electromagnetic projectors to their intended goals without damaging the Eva or it’s systems.

Variable Ego Signal Plating Architecture: Due to the strong link between pilot and Eva and Gale’s own mental instability, portions of the Eva would change colour in response to his mind-set. Since this discovery technician at Area 51 have analysed and refined this into its design in order to easily monitor pilot mood shifts and provide the relevant tactical information based on rapidly altered battle style.

Right arm mounted electromagnetic rail driver: An experimental weapon that has the kick of a rail gun but is designed to be used in close quarters. Typically closed up it resembles a triangle or shield like device. Could technically be used at range and is armed with three preloaded nails.

Left arm mounted weapons case: Appearing to be another arm mounted shield, it is actually a device used to store Extra nails and either a pair of standard issue progressive knives, or more commonly…

Cable-linked Electroshock generators: Cutely named “Taser-chucks” by the design staff of 51, the CLEG weapon is designed for maximum pacification. With far more voltage than is survivable by human standards the weapon was designed in hopes of capturing more angels for study. THe Cable is also used to regulate and share power between the to so one of the devices getting damaged will not disable it. Theoretically it could be used to incapacitate another Eva without damage but would almost certainly kill the other pilot.

Twin Connectable Pylon stored Progressive blades: in each pylon is stored a large blade weapon, each only slightly smaller than the pylon itself. The weapons can be wielded separately or combined to form a single dual ended weapon. They are progressive weapons but the added weight and slight curve to them gives them added cutting capacity. Additionally the edges themselves can be superheated with an electrical charge for further cutting capacity.

Electromagnetic storage pylons/projectors: The pylons are hollower than those of other Evas due to their storage role but still retain enough connective functions to be used for docking and launch procedures. When unlocked, the sections fan out and fold back creating a small wing like shape on each shoulder. In this state they can be used to channel electrical charges through the arms to Enhanced the progressive blades, or (Though highly unadvised) increase the charge on the rail driver.

Type MM-103 Heavy machine gun: A large twin barrelled machine gun. It was designed to fire larger more potent rounds than that of the average pallet rifle, and the two barrels were used to compensate for any loss of fire rate this ammo change might have caused. It is compatible for all Eva types but was designed for Gale particularly.

-- Design: A White Eva, it’s highlights change depending on Gale’s demeanour between Red, Blue, Green, and Brown; when offline the panels are all black. Its head is a dual horned and is very angular, it’s Eye covered by a visor in the shape of a ‘T’ across its face. The Visor is always silver so the eyes aren’t visible though presumably they shift colour as well.

Background: Gale’s parents were relief workers in Africa when Second impact accoutred and things began to get beyond hectic. The sudden outbreak of wars and civil strife worldwide prevented the couple from leaving and Gale was eventually born there. With the signing of the Valentine treaty however things started to settle down somewhat and the new parents resumed their work with fervour as the strife had increased their workload quite a bit. In early 2005 they were killed in a raid by external military forces trying to cease remnant insurgent factions in the area and Gale was left alone.

After only a few months Gale had been handed around several people having no other family that anyone new of until he eventually fell into the hands of a local warlord and spent the next 6 years of his life learning to fight, kill and survive. It was during these years where he was given the name “Bomani” that Gale developed a number of his current skills, including his hobby of vehicle maintenance.

After actions taken by the UN, Gale found himself nearly killed in the following bombings but was rescued by a man named Dallas Walker, who went on to take the ten year old out of the warzone. After a few months of digging he found out Gale’s history and adopted him, though it is still unknown whether this was kindness or guilt having been in charge of the bombings.

Within the Year Dallas was called to help establish the second Nerv branch after the organization Gehirn was reformatted. It was during this time, after Dallas made the mistake of bringing Gale along with him as the child’s lacking social ability meant he couldn’t be left with a sitter without concern that he came in contact with the Experimental Type Evangelion during early testing phases. There was a huge amount of chaos and confusion as the scheduled contact experiment that had been set up had gone off prematurely. After it was discovered that Gale had come out seemingly intact there was confusion as to what had happened.

Then it became clear he was far from fine, as he began talking to himself, hallucinations of odd fairy like companions floating around him. His personality would occasionally shift from one mind-set to another, and his ability to reason was somewhat damaged making any hopes of integration into society again implausible. However he was also compatible with The Eva and so plans to make him a pilot were put into motion.

Due to growing up as he did he was an excellent choice as a combat pilot, so the Area 51 staff took to ignoring the rather obvious problems with Gale’s mind. It’s partly due to Gale’s broken persona that Astraea, unit 04 has remained classed as an experimental type.
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 pm

As Agentomega said, Dovah, this thread is exclusively dedicated to discussion about the RP. It's always better not to mix IC with OOC after all.

Also, if you need to contact me, you should know that I reside in Spain and thus that there's a friggin' +6 hours difference between here and the east coast, a difference even broader with the west coast. Which means that you'll rarely find me online unless you get online early. The best hour to search for me would be from 9:00 to 10:00 and from 16:00 to 18:00. So yeah, it's gonna be difficult to catch me online.

Agentomega, BPES & Magi : Awesome!, With you three joining I have more than enough to get started!, I'll begin working on the introductory post so we may begin as soon as you get approved ^^~!

Also, BPES, you are approved. Welcome aboard!

Finally... I'd like to thank every single one of you for allowing me this one chance. I've done nothing to deserve this and yet you have come with open arms providing me with support and warmth... That is why I'm going to make sure, to live up to that trust you have put on me and provide all of you with what I at least hope to be a good memory we'll treasure when everything's over.

With love, Burger.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:29 am

Name: Eliza Thompson

Age & Date of Birth: August 12th 2000

Nationality: Australian

Previous Station: Nerv 6th Branch "Eden"

Appearance: Long light brown hair that falls to the middle of her back and grey colored eyes. She is thin but has average muscle tone for girls her age. She wear's black jeans with a dark purple shirt and running shoes when not in her school uniform.

Suit Colors: Eliza’s plug suit is dark grey with red highlights.

Evangelion:

-- Designation: Evangelion Unit-08. "Night Stalker"

-- Spirit: Unknown.

-- Descent: Adam.

-- Technical Specifications:

Progressive Bowie knives: Unit-08 is equipped with two progressive Bowie knives with one in each shoulder pylon. These are used only in emergency situations when the enemy becomes too close to effectively use “Longbow”.

Highly modified L30A1 120 mm rifled gun “Longbow”: This gun is normally mounted on the Challenger 2 British main battle tank. It has been highly modified into a sniper rifle, specially designed for Unit-08. The gun itself has been scaled to Eva size. It's barrel is reinforced to handle higher pressures from the specially designed ammo and is also made of tungsten to resist melting due to the high heat generated from firing. It also features high powered digital optics, and a completely re designed loading and firing system to handle the new ammunition along with the increased muzzle velocities and pressures in the barrel created by the ammo. It has an auto loading mechanism so it is not a bolt action style rifle. Its recorded muzzle velocity is 3,068 meters per second (10,060 Ft/s).

The ammo it uses is a completely new design. Favoring the use of high kinetic energy, this ammo has a tungsten long rod penetrator, surrounded by a copper/nickel alloy and is encased in a pure tungsten shell. The advantage to this is the contents of the shell become molten from the high heat created by firing and the shells high velocity. Upon impact; the tungsten penetrator penetrates the target and is followed by the molten copper and nickel alloy causing massive damage and also covers the impact surface in molten metal. A standard mission load out would include 15 rounds of ammunition.

Adaptive camouflage armor “Chameleon”: Unit-8’s armor is able to change its camouflage pattern according to its surroundings. Dubbed “Chameleon”, this system was developed out of necessity because of Unit-08s role as a sniper.

Advanced entry plug: Unit-08’s entry plug is designed for finer control over the Eva for increased accuracy and stability due to its role as a sniper. This makes piloting a little more complicated due to the slight increase in the number of controls.

-- Design: Unit-08 is designed for stealth. Based loosely on the F-117 stealth fighter, Unit-08 features angular armor to help absorb and deflect sensor signals. The angled nature of the armor also provides increased protection. Its armor is a dark grey color when the “Chameleon” system is not active. The F-117 styled armor also extends to the head, with two eyes that glow red.

Background: Eliza’s parents were on vacation in France when second impact occurred. With Australia wiped out they became refugees overnight. Due to the conflicts that broke out afterwards, her parents stayed in France until after the Valentine treaty was signed, after which they sought refuge in England and Eliza was born not too long after.

After her parents were killed in a brutal attack in 2008, Eliza was sent to an Orphanage that was under the oversight of Gehirn. She became mute and withdrawn and rarely interacted with anyone. Eventually she was designated as one of the chosen children and was transferred to the 6th branch.
During her initial training, it was found that Eliza was more proficient with a sniper rifle than with any other weapon and although Unit-08 was already in the early stages of construction, its design was hastily changed after this revelation.
Last edited by MAGI_01 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Character profile get!

Wise up!

Name (Surname Given Name): Preussen Seung-jin (프로이센 승진)
Age & Date of Birth: 2001-11-11
Height: 158cm
Weight: 55kg
Nationality: Chinese
Previous Station: Golgotha

Appearance: Shoulder-length jet black hair, hazel eyes. When not in her plugsuit or school uniform, she tends to wear the official dress uniform for Golgotha base (replace the tan with black and the orange with a golden color). Wears a pair of silver semi-rimless glasses.
Suit Colors: Primarily black with gold highlights.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit 13, 열셋, 晋江
-- Spirit: Park Ji-yun (박 지윤), Mother
-- Descent: Adam
-- Technical Specifications

Reactive Ablative Armor: Instead of being constructed from large plates of armor, Unit 13 has several layers of smaller interlocking hexagonal pieces (approximately 7.5cm across). Upon taking a hit that does not ricochet, the plates in a region explode outward, mitigating the damage to the plates and equipment below.

SK 105 "Karin": The Schwere Kanone 105 "Karin" is mounted along the inside of the Eva's left forearm. Using technology based upon the SK 100 "Javelin", the Karin siphons blood from the Evangelion and accelerates it using electromagnetic fields, similar to a traditional railgun. The projectile fired has mild AT Field penetrating properties, but due to the nature of the Karin, it is limited both by power reserve and biology. It was named for a manga about a vampire which gives blood instead of sucking it.

Progressive Saingeom: Forged by pumping molten carbon into a mold, and then subjected to high pressurization to remove imperfections and increase density. The resulting blade is black in color, and honed to a razor finish.

加密数据 - 坝段协议 - 访问限制

-- Design: The Eva was designed with the AMX-40 and the SR-71 Blackbird in mind: it is designed to increase the range of angles in which fire will bounce off, as well as minimize low-altitude sensor profile. As a result there are very few sharp corners on the unit, and it has no shoulder pylons. There are, however, special ports on the shoulders that are compatible with various aerial transport systems. Golgotha base has supplied a bracket that may be retrofitted to existing Eva Transport Craft. The head appears to have no features, save for a grouping of ablative tiles that are formed with golden pigmentation in a hexagon centered between the normal eye positions and a concentric "ring" around it. In other words, it appears like a Cyclops.
SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://imgur.com/dt5i96g]Image[/URL]

Background:

Seung-jin is of Korean and German descent. Her father, Viktor Preussen, met her mother, Park Ji-yun, while temporarily assigned to Gehirn China pre-impact. Immediately after Impact, China utilized the chaos to conduct a successful blitzkrieg into the Koreas and retained them as a condition of the Valentine Treaty. Civil unrest cropped up in consequence of the expansion, and essential researchers were evacuated to other branches. As a result, Seung-jin was born in Germany. This conflict was quelled in 2004 when certain economic and job restrictions were loosened to include newly conquered civilians. At this point, Viktor and Ji-yun returned to the recently re-named Golgotha base.

Seung-jin's mother died in 2005 of complications resulting from childbirth, and was immediately preserved as the soul of Unit 13. After his work at Golgotha Base was completed, Viktor returned to Germany. Although unable to contact her father, Seung-jin speaks with her sister Hye-jin (혜진) on a regular basis via video chat and/or IM.

Chinese is the primary language used around Golgotha. However, between living with her relatives and wishing to preserve her mother's heritage, Seung-jin primarily writes in Hangul and speaks Korean whenever possible. In addition, she is strong in German due to her ties with her father. She is attempting to learn Japanese, but given some of the overlap between Chinese and Korean, her sentences may be awkward, stilted, and potentially mean something entirely different than she intended. When stressed, she will start to blend languages together unintentionally.

When informed of the necessity to increase her combat proficiency, Seung-jin elected to take up the art of Haedong Geomdo. Her personality is generally demure, but untoward advances and surprises can cause her to react extremely harshly. (Think Aoyama Motoko when in combat mode, Maehara Shinobu at all other times)

There was some initial conflict with her relatives, but they quickly relented when they observed Seung-jin's desire to comply with tradition. That, and the time she repelled a robber from their home. The Parks never forgot about her martial prowess thereafter. They are cautious at times, but dote upon her as another child.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Agentomega on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 am

Eliza is now complete! :D

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 am

Now we have our cadre of psychos for this RP XD
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:44 am

I'm now kind of imagining the head of your Eva, Magi, looking like the triangle heads in Silent Hill. I am sufficiently terrified.

Also, I noticed that all the females adhere to the battleship naming schema. Good work, team! *highfive*
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:45 pm

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:I'm now kind of imagining the head of your Eva, Magi, looking like the triangle heads in Silent Hill. I am sufficiently terrified.

Also, I noticed that all the females adhere to the battleship naming schema. Good work, team! *highfive*

Hehehe! That's actually the exact look I was going for!

*Highfive*

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am

Let's see... Both Eliza and Seung-Jin are great, but only Omega's character is approved.

Magi, the reason why I can't approve your app is that you hid the info regarding your Eva's spirit but you didn't send me the complete app (including the info you hid) over PM. Send that PM and you'll get approved.

On a side note Magi... I've done a bit of math regarding the speed of the projectiles of the longbow... The muzzle speed would be of 11 km/h. I run faster than that lol.

I would raise that speed to 100-125 m/s, what would mean a speed of 360-450 km/h if I were you

Also... Great work everyone!, I hadn't noticed until Omega mentioned it, and certainly didn't expect it at all, but you DID follow the battleship naming scheme too (Noah is named after the Ark, which is not a battleship, but w/e. It's still a ship)!, I just love it when people go that extra mile~<3

Also, small update (which has been in the oven for a while now). Look at the Commandments and feel free to express your opinion!

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Oops! I totally goofed on that :lol: PM will be on its way shortly.

Hmm, I'll re check my math. According to my original calculation it was 3,068 m/s = 11044.8 km/h. Or ~9.25 Mach (~6858.45 Mph). So the projectile velocity is in the hyper sonic range in terms of speed.

I'll re run them though just to make sure I didn't misplace a decimal point or something.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Ah, I know where you slipped. You multiplied by 3600 to make the conversion from seconds to hours but didn't divide by 1000 to do the conversion from meters to kilometers.

Anyways, your character is approved. You can still make that little modufication if you want tho.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:57 pm

View Original PostBurger of Power wrote:Also... Great work everyone!, I hadn't noticed until Omega mentioned it, and certainly didn't expect it at all, but you DID follow the battleship naming scheme too (Noah is named after the Ark, which is not a battleship, but w/e. It's still a ship)!, I just love it when people go that extra mile~<3

But, not all of us did...

Carter Summers - No American Vessel, or as far as I could find any share these names, at best it's in part with Carter.

Veronika Tatyana Armenia - Named for Russian Hospital Ship Armenia.

Noah Halel - Yeah, Noah is the closest I could find to a ship.

Gale Winters - HMNZS Gale, Cargo ship turned minesweeper, first New Zealand Ship to go into battle with the Japanese, but I can honestly say that was unintentional on the part of the author.

Eliza Thompson - The Eliza was a sloop-rigged longboat out of Sydney that helped in the rescue effort at Sydney Cove. It's that obscure I'm not sure it was intentional.

Preussen Seung-jin - There was a link to it in her name, I don't even have to try.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but at least two of this lot aren't named for ships, and one I can assure was an accident, especially since the only ship I could find a connection to is from New Zealand to which Gale has zero connection. If there's a connection with Carter I'm not seeing, let me know.

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:22 pm

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:Hmm, I'll re check my math. According to my original calculation it was 3,068 m/s = 11044.8 km/h. Or ~9.25 Mach (~6858.45 Mph). So the projectile velocity is in the hyper sonic range in terms of speed.

Yeah, that's correct. Just to break it down, 3,068 meters/second * 60 seconds/minute * 60 seconds/hour = 3,068 meters/second * 3600 seconds/hour = 11,044,800 meters/hour = 11,044.8 km/hour.

I'm too lazy an arse to convert that to mph XD

With regards to the ships, I did say that all the female characters had battleship names. And indeed, only the female characters in the series had direct battleship names. Admittedly, the male pilots also happened to have nautical themed names (Ikari = anchor, Nagisa = seashore), but I reckon that's not really important.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:08 pm

EDIT: Or mistaking 3,068 for 3.068? Getting the comma mistaken for a decimal point would do it.

The formula I'm using is weird, but it works. 1*1/1000*3600/1= 3.6 m/s. So 3068*1/1000*3600/1= 11044.8 km/h.

Work: 1*1/1000= 0.001 *3600/1= 3.6

3068*1/1000=3.068*3600/1=11044.8

The other formula I tried since it's the normally used one: 1*3600/1*1/1000= 3.6 ms. So 3068*3600/1*1/1000= 11044.8 km/h.

Work: 1*3600/1=3600*1/1000=3.6

3068*3600/1=11044800*1/1000=11044.8

So in my other one I'm kind of taking a different route but ending up with the same answer.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Ah, I'm sorry. Here we use comas to separate decimals. All is fine then.

PD: The RP starts today/tomorrow ^^~

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:46 pm

No problem! I thought that might have been what was going on. A simple mis-communication/misunderstanding.

Excited to get started!

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Wunderbar, great first post!

Three things I thought of whilst reading:

1) I noticed in the paragraph where you talk about the status of the Units, one is ready for "lunch" instead of "launch". Simple typo, no big.

2) I presume the Seventh and Eight children are Seung-jin and Eliza (and are en route to the conference room), yes? At present, they're not in the list of children on this thread starter. (As a suggestion, you could also link to the posts in which the character profiles are introduced for quick reference)

3) Post order is Children order, right?

I am looking forward to posting wahaha

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Alright, The IC thread is up!, Sorry for the slight delay btw ^^"

Just some clarifications:
1) Post in whatever order you want, but once established, it must be kept.
2) In the introductory dream sequence the identity of the mysterious figure depends on the one seeing it.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:12 pm

First post? Sweet. It is like 2am here, so I'm not going to read it right now as my eyes are burning out of their sockets, but I will do so once I get up and have a reply ASAP.

Also Agent, go make yourself useful back on MY RP. You remember that one, don't you? You, the proud owner of the Geek from the Ends of the Earth.

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:57 am

Well that was a nice enough post... cept I feel utterly ignored... absolutely nothing pertaining to the fourth child, just his Eva. :boohoo:

Ah well I'll come up with something as soon as I figure out who that figure is supposed to be.
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

Return to “Role-Playing Related”