Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Days [OOC]

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Burger of Power
Adam

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Days [OOC]

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:30 pm

[center]Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Days RP[/center]

Well well well... Hello you all!, You may remember me from your favorite fast food restaurants, such as Burger King, Krusty Burger and Burger Van (now with 100% pure colza oil!), but for those who don't, my name's Burger of Power!

Those that read my introductory post will know that I came here to RP, but when I came to the Roleplaying section... Oh, woe me!, Lance's brilliant RP was closed and the same happened with Eva et Salomé...

Left with very little option, I've decided to create my own RP, which I hope to be a success with the help of all of you!

Premise:

SPOILER: Show
Lurking through this site, I happened to come across a phrase in someone's signature. I cannot recall the user's name, but I do remember the words approximately...

"Evangelion is like a good jazz improvisation, it starts out fairly standard and then trails off."

Following this ideal, this RP will begin as most RPs and Evangelion itself did, with all of you, pilots of the ultimate weapon, the Evangelion, gathering in Nerv Headquarters in Tokio 3. The purpose of this unprecedented event is the study of the capabilities of the Evangelion and the motives behind an unexplained change on the Angel's behavior. Though, of course, this is only partially true. After all, this wouldn't be Evangelion without one, two or fifty chessmasters pulling the strings behind the scenes. With the Instrumentality Project nearing its completion, the secrets of the Angels and the many heads of Nerv having their own secret agendas, nothing is what it seems. It is your sole mission to, on the brink of the end of all things, to seek out life and truth. Will you rebuild a future for all of your kin or will all worlds return to ashes?

The plot has several focuses. Among these are the pilot's personal lives, the fight for the future of both humans and Angels and the rebirth of the world. I'd explain more, but then I'd get spoiler-y.

Terms and Background:

The background of the series will be exploited and some knowledge will be necessary, so be sure to investigate some of the following basic terms!:

-- Evangelion:
Massive cybernetic entities created and controlled by humans to combat the Angels. They are enormous humanoids housed in armoured restraints. Their origins are a mystery to most. While the ones we use in this RP share their designation with the originals, their designs will be up to the RPers.

-- Angels:
Near invincible monsters born of Adam, having many diverse forms, they are incomprehensible to humans. Almost nothing is known about them or their nature.

-- Second Impact:
An event that occurred 15 years prior to the series, it wiped out about a third of the world's population, melted the Antartic ice caps and basically turned the oceans red, killing off many species of marine life. The view point of this event varies depending on whether you are in the know or not.

The cover story is a meteor like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs struck Earth.

The truth is that a bunch of researchers in the region woke up entities known as Angels. In this particular iteration, four "Adam Like" Angels and the Third Angel now housed in Bethany Base.

Since this event Angels have shown up at random to attack Tokyo 3.

-- Adam:
The First Angel, discovered under the ice in the Antarctic, it created the Second Impact, causing the death of billions.

-- Lilith:
The Second Angel contained in Terminal Dogma beneath the Tokyo 3 geofront. It produces a constant flow of LCL fluid.

-- Fruit of Life:
Also known as S2 Engine. The source of the Angel's tremendous power. Only the sons of Adam possess it.

-- Fruit of Knowledge:
The origin of man's mental capacity and its science. Only the children of Lilith possess it.

-- First Ancestral Race (F.A.R.):
A race of mysterious beings that lived in a far away world. They possessed both the fruit of life and knowledge.

-- Characters:
In principle, you are only allowed to play pilots, but if you really want to, I may allow more classes.

It's required for the pilots to:
1) Be 14 years old.
2) Explain how they joined Nerv in their backgrounds.

Pilots are preferably OCs. However, unless you guys pan the idea, I'm not opposed to you playing cannon characters either.

Besides that... Go wild. No, really, I don't really care about how unusual, outrageous even, your concept is. As long as its solid, good and compatible with the plot and the rest of the characters, I'll try to fit ya' in. I'm not going to accept certain things though, specially if they are for the sake of being speshul.

Before proceeding to explain the bases, I'd like you to know that you might keep any information regarding your character secret. To do so, simply put the label [Confidential] in the fields you wish to. It's a great way to create an aura of mystery. However, you'll have to send me a PM of the complete, unaltered app.

Finally hese are the bases you may be from. Each average base has capacity for 3-2 players, but you'd make me a very happy burger if you spread nicely among them, trying to prevent the least number of empty bases as possible (I know that there are too many bases, and that there'll never be enough players to fill every slot, but I want to have space should late incorporations take place):

Nerv Headquarters

Located at the geofront beneath Tokyo 3 in Japan, this base contains some of the most vital of Nerv's equipment including the Simulation bodies, the original Magi super computer and Terminal Dogma. It is also at the forfront of the war with the Angels as they perpetually attempt to assail the city. It contains both the Evangelion Prototype Unit 00 and the Test Unit 01.

Nerv 1st Branch

Located in Massachusetts, USA, this base is actually part of the MIT campus, often hiring graduates. It also contains the Magi 04 super computer. Primarily focused on theoretical work it unfortunately, given the nature of this base, contains only one Evangelion and no means to properly test its capabilities.

Nerv 2nd Branch

Located at the infamous Area 51 base in Nevada, USA, this base is responsible for testing many experimental weapons for use by Evas. Its status as a testing site also limits it to one fully functioning Evangelion.

Nerv 3rd Branch

Nerv's Germany Branch is located in Berlin with a secondary site in Hamburg. It, like Headquarters, therefore has access to two seperate sets of Magi super computers, both 03 in Berline and 05 in Hamburg. Unlike the U.S. Branch Bases, the Third Branch has a full staff, allowing for practical testing of Evas and research. It has capacity for three fully functioning Evangelions.

Nerv 4th Branch "Bethany"

Located in the North Pole, Bethany base is technically under the supervision of the 3rd Branch. Unlike other bases researching the production and improvement of Evangelions, Bethany focuses on researching Angels using the corpse of the Third Angel retrieved from the site of the Second Impact. The Base is more akin to a prison than a research centre. Holding only one Evangelion, this Eva was designed to be the Angel's jailer and is heavily modified to suit that goal.

Nerv 5th Branch "Golgotha"

Located somewhere within the borders of China. Golgotha is a base with a tenuous grasp for morals and ethics. Creating the Dummy Plug System, it has several pilots for testing purposes. Rumours persist about its breaking of the Vatican Treaty, though its resident Evangelion number is still unconfirmed with Chinese officials insistent that only three of its Evas are active.

Nerv 6th Branch "Eden"

A base only sanctioned in the last year. It consists of one installation not unlike an oil rig designed to float on water with several decommissioned British Navy vessels acting as support. It is stationed in the former Antarctic with the intention of researching the lasting effects of the Second Impact and any other phenomenon related to it. It carries two Evangelions.

Nerv 7th Branch "Tabgha"

A Base Located in the Mare Tranquilitatis on the moon. A provisional base with only one pilot and one Evangelion under construction (Mark.06).

Nerv 8th Branch "Seraphad"

Located 3000 meters underground under Mount Zion in Jerusalem, the Seraphad branch focuses on the study of the Evas and Angels from a biological standpoint and the development of experimental armor. Limited to 2 functional Evas. With a huge budget thanks to a very active collaboration with the 9th Branch, the base possesses the Magi 06.

Nerv 9th Branch "Babel"

Located in the Vatican city, this base was founded as a sign of friendship after the creation of the treaty and now functions as Nerv's political center, taking care of solving any disputes with the governments and among the branches, also taking care of raising and administrating funds. It had never housed an Evangelion until the recent completion of Unit-14, a long, drawn project carried out for a decade with the collaboration of the 8th and 2nd Branches.

Character Template

[code:1][b]Name:[/b] (You don't have to stick with the ship theme of the original)
[b]Age & Date of Birth[/b] (2000-2001)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Previous Station:[/b] (From the list, please be aware of the numbers at each base. The only base you are not allowed to belong to is the Babel base)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pics. Written descriptions if necessary.)
[b]Suit Colours:[/b] (Plug Suits sharing colors and/or patterns with the respective Evas makes 'em more fashionable, but that's just an advice. Do as ya' wish to.)

[b]Evangelion:[/b]
[b]-- Designation:[/b] (Serial number, nicknames and all that stuff. Your number may go from 00 to 30, 14 is off limits ye buggers).
[b]-- Spirit:[/b] (It's tradition for it to be someone close to the pilot. His/her mother on most occasions. However, this is just my advice. Do as you please).
[b]-- Descent:[/b] (Either Adam or Lilith, in principle. Exceptions are possible, just PM me and we'll talk).
[b]-- Technical Specifications:[/b] (The capabilities, equipment and special systems of your Eva. Be sure to be VERY specific here and notify down to the last progressive knife. Also, don't worry about putting too much or being OP. I'll take care of balance issues. What matters here is the story, not the power you may or may not have).
[b]-- Design:[/b] (I prefer pictures, since I'm of the opinion a picture is worth a thousand words, but hey written descriptions are cool too. You may combine the two if you wish too).

[b]Background:[/b] (Don't feel forced to write a very long and detailed background, if you are feeling lazy an outline will suffice. After all it is during the RP when I'll be expecting you to truly flesh out your character... (That said, I like good, well done backgrounds)).
[/code:1]

Pentecost's Mode:
It is a scientific fact that we, humans, only use a small part of our capacity. Same is true with Evas. To prevent the self-destruction of body and mind, humans and Evangelion automatically seal away most of their power. However, when the synchronization rate of a pilot and its Eva is high enough and pilot manages to bypass these barriers, both the pilot and the Eva can enter a state of 'awakening' similar to Unit-02's Beast mode or 01's godlike form, this is named Pentecost's Mode and has the property of responding to the pilot's feelings (the stronger the emotions, the stronger the response) and adapt accordingly. This grants them a tremendous power, but if used for too long will usually destroy the pilots and their Evas. Should the pilot loose control, the Eva will go Berserk and attack everyone and everything until its neutralized, but well harnessed, the Eva may in fact evolve in a unique manner to suit the will of its pilot.

Characters:

-- First Child:
-- Second Child: Carolina Marlowe (Evangelion Unit-01)
-- Third Child: Carter Summers (Evangelion Unit-07)
-- Fourth Child: Gale "Bomani" Winters (Experimental Evangelion Unit.04 "Astraea")
-- Fifth Child:
-- Sixth Child: Veronika Tatyana Armenia (Evangelion Unit-12 "Samokhodnaya Ustanovka")
-- Seventh Child: Preussen Seung-jin (Evangelion Unit-13 "열셋")
-- Eighth Child: Eliza Thompson (Evangelion Unit-08, "Night Stalker)
-- Ninth Child:
-- Tenth Child:Hervé Yves Bretagne (Evangelion Unit-09)
-- Eleventh Child: Noah Halel (Evangelion Unit-14 "Hollow Saint")

The Seven Commandments

1) Be nice. The optimal thing would be that you were all buddies, so try to get along. Of course, I'll demand that you all are civil with eachother. I understand that the occasional fight is unavoidable, but the moment it becomes a routine and you a grief for the rest, you will know my wrath in all its fury.

2) No godmodding / powerplaying, obviously.

3) Respect the post order. I've seen that the intervals between posts are very long here, so no 24h rule. If you wish to be skipped, notify it here, in the OOC thread.

4) Pentecost's Modes are to be used sparingly. Notify it to me through PM whenever you want to use yours. As a tip for you, the more dramatic/badass it would be for you to activate Pentecost, the higher the chances I allow it.

5) In principle, I'm God Almighty in this RP and hold the ultimate authority, but I'm a reasonable person, so I'm willing to listen all suggestions, complaints and to give in when I see it fit. It is thanks to all of you that this is possible, and thus, I'll make my darnest to make ya' all happy ^^~

6) Thou shalt not eat wood.

7) Thou shalt not drop the screw on the tuna.

Posting Order:

Here you can find the current posting order for the present round. As of now, the posting order changes according to the players' requests. Players can request an specific spot or extra rounds through PM.

-- Current post order:
1) BPES as Gale Winters and Caroline Marlowe
2) Lance of LoL as Veronika Tatyana Armenia and Hervé Yves Bretagne
3) Dovah as Carter Summers
4) MAGI_01 as Eliza Thompson
5) Agentomega as Preussen Seung-jin
6) Burger of Power as Noah, Diciembre and a shitload of NPCs.

Subplot Mailbox!:

Since a campaign's story is weaved by the conjunct collaboration of all players, I've decided to give ya' all the option to send me your ideas for the main plot and all the branching subplots you may think of!... It ain't like you couldn't do it already, but now you can do so in an official manner!

It's my intention to include as many ideas as I can as long as these are compatible one with another, so c'mon!, Throw anything at me, I can take it!

Cholesterol Level:

Here you can see the Burger Points obtained by each player in our little game "Point Out the Shout-Out!", remember, when your cholesterol hits 1000 you will be awarded with an IC ticket to the Meat Dimension!:

-- BPES: 0 BP
-- Lance of LoL: 30 BP
-- Dovah: 0 BP
-- MAGI_01: 0 BP
-- Agentomega: 10 BP

... If you are wondering what these shenanigans are about, here you have a little explanation!:

View Original PostBurger of Power wrote:From now on you not only are playing your characters, but also "Point Out the Shout-Out!"!. You see, I normally include references in my posts. Many of them. Some are very blatant, while others are much more subtle and may in fact not be found in the post itself, but in something that I linked to on it, for example.

These shout-outs will pay tribute to many things, such as books, music, Evangelion and its fandom, other animes, videogames and even to a certain pr0n movie!

Each accurately pointed reference will grant you 10 Burger Points, and the ones regarding the cult classics of men's favourite genre will earn 1000 BPs!!... But who cares, these BPs are worthless so who cares right?... Well, they are actually worth something!

Whoever manages to obtain 1000 BPs will be able to exchange it for a golden ticket for you pr anyone else that may be used IC. Doing so will take you to the plane I call home, THE FANTABULOUS MEAT DIMENSION :D!!!

The Chatbox of Madness

To join the RP's chatbox, just follow these simple steps:

1) Go here: http://www.evageeks.org/evageeks-irc-channel/

2) Type "#egfend" as the channel name.

3) Get a nickname.

... And you'll be good to go!

If you think that this kind of looks like Lance's introductory post, that's because I based mine on his to fasten up things. Hope you don’t mind dude!
Last edited by Burger of Power on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 am, edited 10 times in total.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh no, you did not go there. B***H I EAT ALL THE WOOD I WANT. *Chews an oak tree*

But seriously, it's cool man, I'm actually quite intrigued, I've got a brave few characters I wouldn't mind throwing at this.
Last edited by Lance of LoL on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Given that I'm officially in two RPs already and still need to provide entries in two others, I'll wait and offer to join later (give new blood a chance to get up in here XD).

Regardless, I am looking forward to reading this.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 am

:D <--- Happy because How quickly he was replied to.

It is my pleasure to welcome both of you to my humble RP. You, Lance, as soon as you decide to upload a character and you, Agent, whenever you are able to join. I'll make sure to get ya' a spot when the time comes, regardless on wether or not the RP has already started.

Unrelated to this, I'd like to announce that I'll create an IRC channel for the RP soon enough. Concretely, as soon as I learn how to create one.

PD for Agent: Thanks for your kindness, really. I'm beginning to feel at home already.

PD for Lance: Same as Agent but also... YOU DAMNED SINNER!!, HOW DO YOU DARE TO MASTICATE THE HOLY WOOD?!, YOU SHALL ETERNALLY SUFFER FOR YOUR CRIMES!!!

*Clears throat*, With plenty of love, Burger.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:06 am

Small update. IRC channel address added.

More to come tonight.

Dovah
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dovah » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Name: Carter Summers.
Age & Date of Birth Nov. 1, 2000
Nationality: American.
Previous Station: Nerv 1st Branch.

Appearance: Short, stocky but not overweight, nearly black hair {it's very dark brown), brown eyes, a few pimples.
Suit Colours: Primary color is white, secondary is red.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit-07.
-- Spirit: Mother.
-- Descent: Cloned from Adam.
-- Technical Specifications:
- Progressive Knife stored in right pylon.
- Spike cannon stored in left pylon.
- The unit can runs at breakneck speeds, even exceeding the sound barrier.
- The unit has a backup nuclear reactor which can be connected into it. It is experimental and wears the unit down.
- A Smash Hawk has been issued to this unit.
- The unit does not posses an S2 engine.
-- Design: The unit is a production model unit. Its armor's primary color is white with a secondary color of crimson. It's head is identical to Rebuild's Unit-02.

Background:

Carter can be described in one word; average. Before being identified as an Eva pilot, there was never much to notice about him. He liked cars, action shows, comics, the stereotypical guy stuff. And he was happy with that. However, after being chosen as a pilot, he clung unto piloting and lost interest in his former hobbies.

Carter fears losing the ability to pilot, which he believes is the thing that makes him unique. He is shy and not very good with people he hardly knows, which greatly reduces his chances of making a connection. However, around a true friend Carter is lively and talks mostly about piloting techniques and Eva practice. He really doesn't have many conversation topics.

Carter is greatly frustrated by his Unit's mundane status, and is greatly jealous of other Evas that are special in any way. As a result, he tries to outshine others in combat using desperate and stupid tactics.

His mother was named Caitlin Summers and although he doesn't remember her much, he wonders what life would be raised by a mother and father instead of his uncle and aunt. His father went crazy after the "accident" at Nerv that resulted in his mother's death, and one day got up and left. Carter keeps in contact with his cousin Andrew and his friend Ted back in San Antonio, his birth town.

In terms of mental stability, Carter is stable, but due to his shy nature and loneliness after moving to a new location.
Last edited by Dovah on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:45 am

She is... COMPLETE!

Name: Veronika Tatyana Armenia
Age & Date of Birth 15th December 2000
Nationality: Russian
Previous Station: 4th Branch 'Bethany'

Appearance: A young woman with light, bob-cut blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She is more toned than most girls her age, having gone through rigorous military training, but her skin is still distinctly, pale. She has thin white scars across her arms, back and legs which typically go unnoticed due to her complexion. She tends to wear combat trousers and a t-shirt along with fingerless gloves when not in uniform, exemplifying her tomboyish military upbringing. She keeps a silver case filled with medication on her wherever she goes.

Suit Colours: The plugsuit for Unit-12 consists of a black torso with green camo-patterned limbs. Each limb section is detachable from the core. The plugsuit also comes with a metal visor containing a heads up display which is plugged into the piloting console to be used as fire assist.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit-12 "Samokhodnaya Ustanovka"
-- Spirit: Unknown
-- Descent: Adam
Left Arm Mounted Pallet Rifle - Stripped down to it's base components and compacted, the standard issue Evangelion Pallet Rifle has been mount on 12's left arm over it's armour plating. It has been modified to fire Tungsten-Carbide ammunition. A series of explosive bolts at each corner of the gun's mount can be detonated to eject the weapon to allow for less weight. being arm mounted, both the recoil and the shortened barrel would make this weapon inaccurate and unwieldy by other Evas, but Unit-12's weight class and armour enhancements eliminate many of the issues, though the weapon is still best fired at the core of a target to avoid missing.

Right Arm Mounted 'Heat Lance' - A very potent engine mounted on Unit-12's right arm, designed to take advantage of the Evangelion's vast size to use weapons not feasible in ordinary combat, the Heat Lance creates a very intense and concentrated flame which can be used to cut through even the hardest of materials. However, the weapon is a risk as it will also cut many things if not properly directed and convection alone will make it unsafe to use near flammable structures.

Left Pylon Sensor Suite - 12's left pylon has been hollowed out and filled with a myriad of sensory tools and an extra communications antenna to ensure that it is never without support or logistical data.

Right Pylon Pistol - A standard issue Eva pistol mounted in the right pylon, it can be deployed to fire automatically from the pylon or to be hand held by the Eva.

Shoulder Mounted HESH Turret - A massive turret mounted on rails over 12's left shoulder, its barrel is folded back over it. When employed, the barrel comes over, locking into position, the rails bring it up to fire, also locking, and two stabilizing legs deploy from beneath the barrel to improve accuracy. It is one of the most powerful Eva mounted weapons short of strapping an N2 mine to the thing.

Progressive knives - Unit-12 possesses two progressive knives stored behind the forward facing armour plates on its shins.

Chobham Composite Armour - Unit-12 has been modified with thick plates of armour over the normal Evangelion standard. Areas affected by this include the chest, forearms, pylons, thighs and shins. The mass of this added armour alone greatly hampers Unit-12's mobility, but makes it virtually immune to conventional Eva mounted weaponry without needing to activate it's AT Field. The armour is secured with rivets which can be detonated to abandon the armour and return Unit-12 to standard Evangelion specifications.

Stabilizing Pile Drivers - While not an accurate name, attached to the waist of Unit-12 are two pneumatically fired spikes, used to steady Unit-12 in it's firing mode. Next to the Turret, they are individually the second heaviest piece of equipment the Eva carries and together take the lead. While not intended as such, the spikes can be used in melee combat as they are mounted on rotating discs, allowing them to be fired in a roughly 270 degree partial circle.

Adaptive Plug - While only applicable within Bethany Base, Unit-12 possesses a adapted plug for power, wherein, instead of hundred of miles of cable, it is powered via an overhead live rail, not unlike a tram car. The adapted plug essentially being an antenna which connects to the overhead system.

-- Design: Unit-12's dimensions without it's armament are not much different from the average Eva. It is marginally taller and broader, but this adaptation was intentional for carrying it's regular payload. With it's armour on, its chest, thighs, shins, pylons and forearms have a more flat, box like quality on their forward facing surfaces. Its added armour is all painted in green camouflage, its underlying body being almost solid black with orange highlights which are only really visible in its face and upper arms when armoured. the Eva's head possesses no visible mouth with a horizontal ridge like pattern running the length of it's face, between each ridge is a pair of eyes positioned as a human's are for a total of eight eyes in two columns. These eyes glow orange when the Eva is active.

Background: As a young woman growing up in Russia, Veronika was like any other child until a bombing, planned and executed by a radical faction within the country, changed her life. Barely being saved thanks to the actions of professionals that were in the area, Veronika awoke several days later in a Nerv funded hospital. It was here that she was informed of her parents demise during the bombing.

As days passed through her recovery, Veronika came to be designated as one of the Chosen Children, and construction began on what would one day be Unit-12. With no relatives to claim her and seemingly nothing else to live for, Veronika threw herself into her position as a pilot, working tirelessly to become a soldier worthy of the Evangelions. While her synchronization with her Eva was initially very low, she has improved over the years. Although, the initial injuries she sustained during the bombing has caused her great strain while piloting, causing her to develop anemia and becoming prone to nosebleeds because of it. All the same, she remains determined to become a worthy Eva pilot.
Last edited by Lance of LoL on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:18 am

Name: Noah Halel
Age & Date of Birth 2000, 15 years old.
Nationality: Iranian
Previous Station: Nerv 09 , "Babel" Branch
Appearance:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m511/AbelXIV/8c580b3a-5826-4d3e-b17a-fce74c4fd3c2_zps48918f2b.jpg

(Imagine him a bit younger).

Standing at a slightly below average height for boys his age, Noah is quite an unusual boy. Being extraordinarily pale, even for an albino, every part of his body seems to be from a stark, harsh white, not unlike that of a sheet of paper. All this white serves to highlight Noah's blood red eyes, which create a deep contrast with his face. Even though it's hardly visible anymore, Noah still has the remain of a wound long ago inflicted in the form of quite a long scar on the left side of his head

Having a narrow chest and waist, Noah could look wimpy at a first look. Nothing further from the truth though, for he is extremely athletic from years of training in several martial arts, even though his clothes hide this fact more often than not.

Not being all that concerned with his personal aspect, Noah is one of those people that simply pick whatever is the first thing they get a hold of. Thus, his wardrobe contains quite a wide range of sometimes wildly different attires, even though he does tend to favor dark colors over bright ones.

Another remarkable thing about Noah are his teeth, a collection of small, sharp daggers that remind those of reptiles and sharks, giving him a hell of a creepy smile.

He is never seen without a necklace from which an amulet hangs. Said amulet has the form of a chariot wheel made of black, volcanic stone.

Suit Colours: Bright, intense gold in the chest zone. A paler, champagne colored tone on the thighs, arms, upper back, upper side of the forearms and abdominals. Pitch black on the hands, feet, lower back and waist, reverse of the forearms and thighs, shins and neck. The suit is also adorned with a simple pattern formed with broad, softly glowing and pulsating neon green lines.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit-14, "Ziggy Stardust"
-- Spirit: [Undisclosed]
-- Descent: [Undisclosed]
• Multi-purpose Melee Weapon: A cross-shaped battle rod capable of transforming into a multitude of weapons. Of approximately the same height than the Eva, it is decorated with colored alloys that simulate gems for effect. The possible forms the MPMW can adopt are:
-- Halberd
-- Hammer
-- Sword
-- Tonfas / Truncheons
-- Pole
-- Electric guitar

• Pleroma System: A mechanism which gathers a massive amount energy from the environment to feed the Eva, making it a mobile Tesla Tower. Thanks to this, its strength and speed multiply, additionally, Eva Unit 14 doesn't need to be plugged in to work.

• Channeling & Refrigeration Architecture "Daedalus": Thanks to the Daedalus Architecture, Unit 14 can dissipate and take energy to circumstances as good as possible. This allows Unit 14 to stand in environments with temperatures that range from 20 Kelvin degrees to 6000 Kelvin degrees. On the other side, the canalization allows for a theoretically infinite amount of energy to be directed and held on a single point without harming the Unit.

• Jets 'Plus Ultra': Using the latest innovations in the fields of biochemistry, it was possible to manipulate in Unit-14's body to install a series of jets that feed on the Eva's chemical energy to function. There are 8 main jets, 2 on the upper back, 2 on the lower back/waist, and one on each elbow and heel, all of them fully rotational.

• Diffusive Armor: Unit-14's armor was built with two objectives in mind. First, to be able to withstand intense close combats and second, to enable the feats of strength and speed that Eva would otherwise be incapable of without shredding its bones and muscles. Thanks to being multilayered and composed of carbon fiber, foams and the most resistant alloys, Unit-14's armor provides an outstanding protection against both angels and itself while being light enough not to decrease its speed significantly.

• Progressive Knives: Unit-14 also possesses two progressive knives around the waist and its fingers end in sharp claws.

• Shoulder Pylons "Golden Spin Deluxe": This oddly-named piece of equpment constitutes what probably is Unit-14's signature and most used weapon. Within each of the shoulder Pylons incorporated to Unit-14 is a pair of black metallic spheres dubbed as "Steel Balls". Unit-14 can make this spheres spin (theoretically reaching a maximum speed of 36000k rpm) within the pylon or using a special mechanism on the Unit's hands, the sphere is then fired/thrown at the target.

Upon impact, the Steel Balls rotational force quickly erodes and drills through its target with incredible ease, the tremendous energy stored within the balls being released in the form of high voltage and heat. While admiteddly not too effective on armored targets, exposed soft tissues quickly degrade into nothing, even spontaneously combusting.

The Steel Balls possess analytical mechanisms connected to several support systems in both pylons, this allows the balls to analyze the structure, density and physical composition of the target through the vibration generated upon impact, allowing to pinpoint vulnerable spots and physical characteristics. Thanks to this data, the Unit is able of adjusting the Spin in order to optimize the damage and produce specific effects besides calculating the desired trajectory.

The composition of the Steel Balls has a surprisingly low ammount of steel. The outermost layer consists in an alloy of tungsten-magnesium-titanium, the next layer is mainly composed by tungsten-lead and steel. Between the first and second layers reside the majority of the balls support system. The third layer is compossed by mercurium at high void pressures so to prevent the ball from bursting upon thermal expansion while hardening the ball on the event and helping preserve rotational momentum. This layer also originates a certain pressure from the environment that helps to reinforce its integrity. The nucleus is composed of progresively denser materials, the innermost layer being 100% niquel 62. This means that the Steel Balls are incredibly heavy and dense, accounting alone for 20% of Unit-14's weight with all of its equipment included.

Because of this, properly charging the Steel Balls can take a while, even though inducing a moderate, acceptable spin isn't a hard task to accomplish. Additionally, a sharpened metalic cable of variable length can be connected between the steel Balls so to turn them into close-ranged weapons that essentially work like clackers. Even the rope can be weaponized, even though, since its primary purpose isn't such, it can't really cut through most metals and hard surfaces... Joints and flesh on the other hand...

• Armor limitations: Unit-14's armor is a exoskeleton-endoskeleton hybrid, meaning that the Eva's bones and cartilaginous tissue have been both modified to strengthen it and integrated with the rest of the armor. Though necessary and very protective, this also means that Unit-14 is not compatible with any armor other than that which was specifically built to adapt to its internal armor configuration.

• Emergency mode limitations: Since Unit-14 is supposed to always have plenty of energy thanks to the Pleroma System, an important flaw was unintentionally left on the design. Should Pleroma System's receptor (the floating metallic wheel at the Eva's back) stop working, most of Unit-14's systems will be left unusable due to not possessing enough energy to properly function. The Eva will also only have 15 seconds before it completely shuts off. Even if in that time Unit-14 manages to connect to an umbilical cord, the functions lost will be kept sealed, for the cord simply cannot provide enough energy.

• Weak physique: Even though Unit-14 should be as capable as any other Eva, truth is it simply isn't. Due to a bizarre mixed composition of particle-wave matter and average matter and not being powered through an umbilical cable, the Eva couldn't dream of making use of its full power without crushing its own bones and tearing its muscles. This is why it was neccessary to sort it with so many augmentations, since without them Unit-14 would have never been viable. Luckily enough, the Eva adpted to these greatlyu invasive modifications that were thought to be impossible to perform without killing the evangelion in the process.

Even now though, Unit-14's physique greatly hampers its endurance and makes it impossible to fully exploit its prowess without compromising the Unit's integrity.

-- Design:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m511/AbelXIV/Pre-Finaldraft_zpsa1ed4f31.jpg

Unit-14's design is, to say the least, unusual. Resembling more of a museum piece rather than a truly functional Evangelion, the Unit was created to be easy on the eyes of the common man, to be something that inspires awe instead of fear.

Differences with the traditional Eva, besides the armor's design, is the lack of shoulder pylons, increased leg-waist armor and its inferior size when compared to the other units, being a 10% shorter than the rest on average and much, much lighter.

(There's a small difference with the pic. Unit-14 does not possess those wing-like structures at the Waist's height. It does possess the circular ones though. Those are Pleroma System's energy receptors).

Background:

This is the available information regarding the pilot of the Evangelion Unit-14, obtained from the records kept by the Iranian government and Nerv 09. Anything else about him is unknown:

Subject, is named Noah Halel, an orphan born in 2000 on the day of the Second Impact. Parents unknown.

His stance on Iran was spent in its entirety in the Biomedical Clinic & Research Centre Asclepius due to concern from experts regarding his health.

Was under the tutorage of the Iranian government until 2003, moment when he was adopted by Nicholas Alberti and subsequently translated to the Vatican.

A year afterwards, Nerv's 9th Branch, "Babel", is founded. The designed commander of the base was Alberti.

Some months later the creation of Unit-14 begins. Around the same time, Noah is found to be the perfect pilot for the Unit. His training as a pilot officially begins.

In 2010, Noah oversees the final development stages of Unit-14 with the objective of becoming familiarized with the Eva and its mechanics.

Unit-14 is finished in 2015.

A few days afterwards both Noah and Unit-14 are summoned to Nerv's HQ in Tokyo-3.
Last edited by Burger of Power on Mon May 05, 2014 8:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Alright Dovah, your app is good enough. Just a few things and you'll be approved.

1) You app's coding has a few issues in Gender, Nationality and Previous Station. Nothing to worry about but it'd be nice if you corrected it.

2) You seem to misunderstand what Technical Specifications is for, since you mix things that belong to design and the actual technical specifications. The purpose of the section is for you to list the weaponry, the different mechanisms your Eva might possess OR lack and other characteristics regarding functionality. Everything regarding the aspect of the armor would belong to Design. Divide and classify the info in the appropriate way.

3) Your notes on the Eva's appearance are a bit confuse. You say that it uses Unit-02's armor, but that is equal to Unit-03. However, since units 02 and 03 are not equal among them, that's impossible. I take that you meant that the unit is like 03 with the coloring of 02, but you should clarify that.

4) So your character can use his own A.T. Field huh?... (I assume that you don't mean your Eva's, since everyone can use that one) We'll speak about that in private. For now do not worry, it's fine. But I do want you to send me a PM with the plans you have for your character.

Besides that, the only thing I wanna say is welcome aboard!, I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun~!

Dovah
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dovah » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Edited some things and changed the AT Field part. I thought that the AT field the Eva used was generated by the pilot but it's actually the Eva's resident soul that is used. What I mean to say before was that Carter was mentally stable, in comparison to a lot of characters, but still lonely so his AT field is still significant.

Thanks for the advice! I'll be looking forward to the RP!

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Okay, approved then. Thank you very much for your cooperation ^^~!

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Wrote up the Eva section of my CS, still not done, but take a look and tell me if it[s now more Tank than Eva.

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:20 am

Well, it IS very tank-like, but if you ask me, that's just fine, specially since you can get rid of the extra armor and equipmentshould you need to do so, so yeah, it's fine and dandy.

I like very much the adaptative plug detail btw.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 am

Finished my CS, oh, and also *Drops a screw on a tuna sandwich* Whatcha gonna do now, SUCKA?!

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 am

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=46CxvJqaGxg

Lance, you monster. Off with thy head.

TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT NOTE: Your character's approved. Good work!

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:31 pm

So how many people are you looking for before you start?

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:22 am

Well, I was aiming for 4-6 people, but I can make-do with three. Evangelion begun with just two pilots after all. Thus, if youwant, we'll begin somewhere between today and monday

Dovah
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dovah » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:44 pm

That sounds pretty good. I'm in Texas btw, and have computer access in school so I can post pretty much any time.

Is the RP going to be in this thread or is this only a sign up thread.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Well, with every other RP I've seen (and participated in), the original thread serves as the Out of Character discussion about the RP (and in this case ongoing sign-ups). So, a second thread for the actual RP is generally better.

I think I'll give some more consideration here, and do up a character.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:35 pm

I've been mulling things over and if I can come up with a good character and such, I'll probably join. I'm hard pressed for ideas right now, so it might be a few days before I can put something together.

EDIT: I have had a bit of inspiration and have an idea I'm going to flesh out and see how it develops.
Last edited by MAGI_01 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Return to “Role-Playing Related”