Lamp Festival with Anno drawings

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:58 pm

^
Thank you very kindly Good Mam.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:22 pm

^ To be fair, the whole “FINAL” title we kept using prior to the revealing of the numeric title for Shin had a “?” placed over it, indicating that it might never have been a permanent thing to begin with.

SPOILER: Show

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:44 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:^ To be fair, the whole “FINAL” title we kept using prior to the revealing of the numeric title for Shin had a “?” placed over it

Note, though, that "?" is marking Final's equivalent to Jo/Ha/Kyu. "Final" would have been part of the international title, and "?" would have been part of the Japanese title. Both of these have since been replaced, with "3.0+1.0" and :|| respectively.

ADDENDUM: Also, it occurs to me that the "etc." on the lantern is merely a placeholder for the "You ___ (Not) ____" subtitle which hasn't been divulged yet.

GoatJesus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GoatJesus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:38 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:ADDENDUM: Also, it occurs to me that the "etc." on the lantern is merely a placeholder for the "You ___ (Not) ____" subtitle which hasn't been divulged yet.

That's brilliant! I haven't thought of that, but that seems so obvious in retrospect.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:36 am

View Original PostGoatJesus wrote:That's brilliant! I haven't thought of that, but that seems so obvious in retrospect.

I hope it's that. More Eva stuff would be a little too much I think.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:06 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Godzilla's suposed to start production soon (if it hasn't already), so if he draws a new lamp this year it could be Godzilla-related too.

DING DING DING DING DING

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3948.html
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Crap! I specifically predicted another 'zilla footprint.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:17 pm

I think this is the first time Godzilla has left me feeling disappointed :|

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby LightDragonman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Dang it, this film is gonna get delayed to who knows when just so Anno can make this fricken Godzilla movie. :(
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:58 pm

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:Dang it, this film is gonna get delayed to who knows when just so Anno can make this fricken Godzilla movie. :(

That's true, and it does suck, but . . . Anno's making a Godzilla movie. As disappointment's go that's a pretty good deal.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:58 pm

please. . . he could shoot this thing in a couple months. A month in a studio shooting a guy in a rubber suitstomping around a model city. A month shooting footage of actors reacting to the offscreen carnage. A month of editing. Voila! Your average godzilla film.

Given Anno's obsession with Rubber suited Kaiju monster movies he's obviously going to do just that.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:00 pm

I don't think he'll rush or pull shortcuts, but he'll probably be so into it that it'll be just as you say. Sometimes the creative juices just flow, and when you're a Kaiju geek like him and freakin' Toho is paying the bills how could you not just go nuts and run with it?
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:18 pm

2 month shooting? Yes. Totally. I can see that. You know what? We'll give him three months. Special effect shots can be a bit lengthy. Maybe we can overlap Higuchi's effects schedule with Anno's shooting schedule just to get the production back to two months, just so long as they've got a clear and concise set of story-boards and production scripts.

Wait, those story-boards and scripts have to come from somewhere. Those need time for development, and to gain approval by both Anno, Higuchi, and Toho. Also miniature sets and rubber suits need to be built in the first place. That could take 3 or 4 months on their own. So, now we're talking 6 months for making this movie.

Oh wait, you know what? They need to integrate a lot of CGI flame effects and set extensions. That alone might take 6 more months or even more. So, like, at least a year maybe?

Jeez, guys. I don't think we're gonna see this movie until sometime next year. 2016 release date, maybe. If only there were a way to somehow verify that date. Maybe it would help if the director said something about it too. That would certainly clear up the issue.
Last edited by FreakyFilmFan4ever on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:26 pm

No no, three months shooting, shooting! You need more time for everything else!

Sheesh. I am too impetuous when the rum flows.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:49 am

Is Godzilla Relanding going to be the title?

skulkidcachi90
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby skulkidcachi90 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:07 pm

At this point I am happy about Anno making and Godzilla Movie.

I hope Anno drop the Rebuild series and do something else, Anno really kill my interest in Eva since 2.0

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:30 am

Anno will take as long as he wants to enjoying the Godzilla production and no Eva expectations are going to rush him throught that. Sorry, but that's just how it is. He certainly has earned it.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:02 am

As Eva Monkey has noted elsewhere Anno is working on both at once, so it's not really an issue.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Lamp Festival with Anno drawings

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:05 am

Bump for awareness.

This year's lantern festival is coming up on Tuesday, August 9th.

If Anno does a new lantern this year, I'm pretty much expecting it to be Shin Godzilla related since the movie is less than a week old, or maybe something GvE related. But who knows! I'd like to be wrong this year. :tongue:

I do wish there were festivals like this over here. I've seen some photos of the city lit up at night and the scenery is very lovely.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re: Lamp Festival with Anno drawings

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:36 am

Soon it is then.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”