Lamp Festival with Anno drawings

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Lamp Festival with Anno drawings

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:56 pm

I remember that there was some Lamp Festival that Anno went to, and he used to draw things related to the Eva films. When was the last Lamp Festival? Didn't he draw anything this time?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:07 pm

15 days ago

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/657831/4th-Film-Info-READ-OP-Speculation/#657831
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Thank you very much! I don't know why, but I always ignore the threads marked as sticky without noticing.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:32 pm

New year, new festival lamp.

"EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 etc."???

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3201.html

Eva Fan says in the article he'll update later with more news (as he finds out more, I'd assume).

But if Anno's saying NTE really is a self-contained loop, or (even worse) the September 6th updated Next Time Preview for Final will be past NTE clips, I'll....! Complain loudly.

Trolololol
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Translation please?

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:But if Anno's saying NTE really is a self-contained loop

GET REKT HATERS
GET FUCKING REKT
MY BODY WHEN LOOP THEORY CONFIRMED
SPOILER: Show

:rei_dance:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:56 pm

What's this?

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:59 pm

無任原点 translates to something like "no beginning" or "without origin".

EDIT: Turns out it's 無在 ("no location" or "nonexistence"). So, 無在原点 = something like "Nonexistent origin".
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Anno wrote:"EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 etc."

THAT MOMENT WHEN Shinji GETS TRANSPORTED IN TIME BACK TO 1.0.

[Link removed. Please remember, hot/direct linking = bad! - Staff]

This seems like Anno's signifying that 3.0 and 1.0 have some common element or theme that will be touched on in FINAL. Or it could be that Anno can do mathematical wizard tricks.

The "etc." is really just teasing us with the Sequel Theory, now is it?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:18 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:This seems like Anno's signifying that 3.0 and 1.0 have some common element or theme that will be touched on in FINAL.

Both are new beginnings for Shinji...

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:19 pm

1.0 is there because YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE must be repeated after Shinji was alienated in Q.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Does this mean the fourth Eva film will be titled:

Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 : You Something (Not) Something

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Why Anno? Anno why? What are ya doing Anno? What does it mean Anno? Where are you taking me?! Were are you THROWING ME!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 pm

rummaging through electornic dictionaries
原点 げんてん genten (n) origin (coordinates) / starting point

so
無 is a negative, zero, nothing.

任 is a status indicator, in the context of being in a position, having obligations and/or duty

so 無任原点 is probably a very fancy way (and we know Anno and co. looooove kanjispam) of being lost. Both physically and mentally in Shinji's case at the end of Q: He's wondering in the desert being dragged by Asuka after having lost all purpose in life.

Combine that with the last post: +1.0 = YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE (and possibly YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE) and what you get is Shinji's exact position and expectations for the start of the final movie.

No need to invoke the still completely baseless loop/sequel nonsense :tongue:

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:34 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:What's this?

That, my friend, is the happening chart. Perhaps you'll remember this variant from November 17th, 2012?

SPOILER: Show

Fortunately for you, we're only on phase 3 right now. It's not too late to stop it. You only have to listen! Most of all, though, don't become like this guy:

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:No need to invoke the still completely baseless loop/sequel nonsense :tongue:

He refuses to listen. He's going to be a whole load of buttmad when loop theory is confirmed, at which point the only correct response will be "Don't call it a grave, it's the future you chose."

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:THAT MOMENT WHEN Shinji GETS TRANSPORTED IN TIME BACK TO 1.0.

THAT MOMENT WHEN IT'S CONFIRMED 3.0 TAKES PLACE IN THE IMMEDIATELY PRIOR LOOP TO 1.0/2.0, AND WHAT WE SEE IS WHAT HAPPENS IF KAWORU FAILS TO STOP THIRD IMPACT AT THE END OF 2.22 (WHICH HE DIDN'T IN THE 2.0 LOOP). THAT MOMENT WHEN 4.0 TAKES PLACE IN THE ORIGINAL 1.0/2.0 LOOP.

In all seriousness, I'm reminded of a theory that was going around for a while. Basically it hypothesized the meaning behind the (Not's) in the titles. If I remember it correctly, it was that the (Not) title referred to the movie itself, while the title without (Not) referred to the movie two in advance. To explain:

1.0 You are not Alone/ You can redo
2.0 You can not advance/ ???
3.0 You can not redo/ You are Alone
4.0 ????/ You can advance

Alternatively, 2.0 could be "You can advance/ ???" and 4.0 could be "???/ You can not advance" depending on whether you look at it post 3.0 or not.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Just a preventive headsup to not let this thread go into nothing but international title possibilities spam (thread here).

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:so 無任原点 is probably a very fancy way (and we know Anno and co. looooove kanjispam) of being lost. Both physically and mentally in Shinji's case at the end of Q: He's wandering in the desert being dragged by Asuka after having lost all purpose in life.

Reminds me of how NGE #4's original title was going to be "Wandering Third Children". I do wonder how "You are (not) wandering" or "You are (not) lost" would work as potential titles (too Engrishy for me), and I think desert wandering won't be the whole film.

But yeah, Anno etc's long kanjispam tends to drive me nuts.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:45 pm

CJD, instead of fighting about silliness when there's insufficient evidence we should make a pact.

After slaving away for however long it takes at whatever jobs, when we both make it to Japan for the premier and see the finished film we shall drop out pants and ask a panel of judges to decide whose anus was more ravaged.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:02 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:After slaving away for however long it takes at whatever jobs, when we both make it to Japan for the premier and see the finished film we shall drop out pants and ask a panel of judges to decide whose anus was more ravaged.

Deal! Oh god I'm going to lose that contest so hard.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 pm

What?

I’m just so confused right now, I don’t even know what to think.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:25 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:What?

I still say Unicron was his best role.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Just a headsup from an old EGF friend:

Shiro wrote:Can you tell the people in that thread that it's not 無任, it's 無在 which means "no location" or "nonexistence"

(Note: It's being read as "muzai".)

So what, "nonexistent origin"? Huh...
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”