Fourteen Years, A Rebuild Roleplay Proposal

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Fourteen Years, A Rebuild Roleplay Proposal

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:29 pm

For those of you that are familiar and up to date with the Rebuild films, there is a fourteen year gap between You Can (Not) Advance and You Can (Not) Redo that we only receive vague details of in the latter film. What the hell happened? Who knows? Using what few clues we have and NGE for reference, we can piece together ideas of what may have happened, but we're still left without a clear picture. Well, I think this is perfect opportunity for a forum-based RPG!

Starting from where we left off at the end of 2.0, we can frame a narrative to close the gap and perhaps bring ourselves closer to where we begin in 3.0. How did Third Impact occur? What brought about Wille's formation? What happened to the missing Angels and Evas? How did Unit-01 end up in space? What's the deal with the Failures of Infinity? I think it'd be very fun and interesting to explore!

That said, here are some tentative rules:

1) Refrain from using original characters (for now). There's plenty of room for development with the established characters, and those slots will need to get filled in order to keep things moving. Perhaps once all the existing characters have been taken we can think about allowing original characters. Original supporting characters are fine (as in, extras that we may come across, for expositional purposes, etc). Once the main character slots are filled, I will allow the creation of original characters.

2) Shinji and Rei II are off limits, for obvious reasons.

3) I encourage that major plot points be discussed in this thread before making updates to the RP thread (ie, don't start the invasion of Nerv until it's been agreed upon how we should do it). Otherwise, do as much world-building as you can.

4) Consider me your Dungeon Master.

The Cast/Post Roster:
    1. Gendo Ikari and Kozo Fuyutsuki - Sachi
    2. Kaworu Nagisa - PrototypeAngel
    3. Misato Katsuragi - Squigsquasher
    4. Mari Illustrious Makinami - AgentOmega
    5. Asuka Langley Shikinami -Lavinius
    7. Keel Lorenz and SEELE - Nuclear Lunchbox
    8. Makoto Hyuga - Excess_Velocity
    9. Maya Ibuki - Squigsquasher
    10. Ryoji Kaji - MAGI-01
Available Characters:
    - Ritsuko Akagi
    - Shigeru Aoba
    - Midori Kitakami
    - Sumire Nagara
    - Koji Takao
And lastly, here's a loose timeline of events (subject to change):

SPOILER: Show
    Unit-01 is impaled by Mark 06

Third Impact eye witnesses are detained and debriefed, leads to split from Nerv

Mark 06 is modified to by autonomous

Nerv is invaded (by an early stage of Wille)?, Mark 06 descends to Central Dogma, Third Impact occurs a la EoE

Any takers? :D
Last edited by Sachi on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 am, edited 9 times in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:09 pm

I'd be interested, specifically in playing Asuka, or maybe Misato...
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Count me in! I think I would like to play Mari, though if someone else has a burning passion to play her and only her, I'd be fine with playing one of the following instead: Kaworu, Kaji, Hyuga.

Ooh! I could come up with a graph to model character interests and run an assignment algorithm- *is hit on the head*
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:21 am

I'm glad to see some people are interested. :D I'm going to let this thread sit a little longer to see if we can get more people on board. In the meantime I'll try to flesh out the concept more. As DM, I think my most effective role will be as Gendo/Fuyu (I conglomerated the two because they're essentially joined at the hip), though I might like to also take another character depending on who's available once more are taken.

Hopefully this picks up soon. I look forward to collaborating with you all!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

PrototypeAngel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PrototypeAngel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:49 am

I call dibs on Kaworu Nagisa :)
"The faithful has lost their faith."
"The Incorruptible has become corrupted."
"The true innocence has given way to the sins of Man. Like all the rest before them."
"Who now...can deny me my rights?" ~ Lucifer

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:53 am

Dibs on Keel and SEELE. This sounds absolutely amazing.

PrototypeAngel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PrototypeAngel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Dibs on Keel and SEELE. This sounds absolutely amazing.

Indeed it does sound amazing.

To be honest I am still rather confused about the Fourteen Year gap, don't you think they may have overdone it just a bit? I mean it's not BAD or anything, but it just leaves a lot of questions to be answered.
"The faithful has lost their faith."
"The Incorruptible has become corrupted."
"The true innocence has given way to the sins of Man. Like all the rest before them."
"Who now...can deny me my rights?" ~ Lucifer

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:38 pm

At this point, I guess we only really need a Misato, a Ritsuko, and maybe a Kaji. The rest of the cast isn't entirely necessary to make the story move. I do have the entire day off tomorrow, so I plan to at least have my first post in for the story. If we don't have any more players by then, we can start taking up double roles if any of you are interested, and hey, once those three aforementioned roles are filled I'll even start allowing the creation of original characters!

In the meantime, in order to keep our story cohesive, I do encourage that we discuss the plot before going forward with it. For my first post as Gendo, I think I'll begin with a prologue where we last see him and Fuyutsuki talking about how well things are going to plan during N3I, then I'll write a little bit about the next day. I think we would all get to a smoother start if everybody has their starting point on the day after, rather than immediately where we left off at the end of 2.0. Thoughts?
- Sachi

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Hey, sounds good to me. While you guys post, I'll spread the word about the RP.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Alright, I've got the first post. Nice and short, but hopefully it's enough for you guys to start working with.

As far as where the story should be heading: Gendo and Seele are still in a tense cold war with each other, but ultimately Gendo will need to earn Seele's trust enough again in order to let him remain in charge of Nerv post-3I. Third Impact will likely finally be initiated by the Mark 06, newly autonomous (likely thanks to Gendo's treachery with the Dummy System), when it descends to Lilith's chamber, so keep that in mind as a goal.

At some point, the characters that ultimately end up with Wille's crew will need to be debriefed over the true nature of Nerv and Seele's goals. How this happens is up to you guys; whether through hacking and investigating like Kaji and Misato did, or some other means (such as perhaps even a formal debriefing).

And that's all for now. Have at it! Most of your starting points are likely within detainment. But perhaps some interesting interaction can occur if we just say our characters are detained together for the most part. If anybody would now like a second character, feel free to pick one.
- Sachi

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:37 pm

As a thought, it would probably be a good idea if we established a post roster. That way, we don't have tons of people posting bing-bing-bing right after the other, and we can maintain some semblance of order.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:48 pm

I'd be happy to join-one can never do enough RPs after all! A bit of a shame all the pilots are taken, but eh. I'll go as Misato or Maya if that's alright.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:14 pm

@Squigsquasher: if you'd like, you may have both. For now I'll sign you up as Misato, but let me know!

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:As a thought, it would probably be a good idea if we established a post roster. That way, we don't have tons of people posting bing-bing-bing right after the other, and we can maintain some semblance of order.

That's a good idea. Before we would always limit the number of posts allowed per day, or something arbitrary of that nature. How would you organize it? With just one post at a time until everybody has had a turn?

Also, the way I have the initial setup may be a bit limiting with Nerv being under complete lockdown as it is. Does anybody have any suggestions for alternatives that may help give you guys more freedom with your characters (especially here at the beginning) yet still represents a somewhat accurate representation of how events may have gone down? And remember, anime LOLgic is acceptable to certain extent. One idea I have is that Nerv is left as is, but is forced to take on Mark 06 as its active unit/prison guard. Gendo would have no other choice but to accept it, and the cold war continues as Kaworu becomes Nerv's lead pilot along with the revealed Ayanami series. Meanwhile, Asuka and Misato are among the crew debriefed by Mari and Kaji's team which leads to their split from Nerv.
- Sachi

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:23 pm

I was thinking of making something along the lines of a post order, where everybody goes in a circle until it loops back to the beginning; so something like A, B, C, D, A, B... and so on.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:25 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I was thinking of making something along the lines of a post order, where everybody goes in a circle until it loops back to the beginning; so something like A, B, C, D, A, B... and so on.

Then we are indeed on the same page. I'll edit that onto the OP now.
- Sachi

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Is the roster organized in the post order? I can tell you that there's no way that my post will be up by the weekend, so you should probably skip me for the first round. If that isn't the case, though, then the question is moot.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:36 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Is the roster organized in the post order? I can tell you that there's no way that my post will be up by the weekend, so you should probably skip me for the first round. If that isn't the case, though, then the question is moot.

Just finished updating it. Check again. Also, I don't care about the order you guys choose to post in, more so I just want everybody to have been able to get a chance to update before the story continues without them. It doesn't need to be strict as long as its fair, and we keep everybody in the loop.
- Sachi

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Sachi wrote:This is a good opinion and a valid layout of possible events! I urge you to share this publicly on the thread. Accuracy/correctness isn't as important as creating a fun game for everybody to enjoy, so I want everybody to be vocal about their opinions and we can build a story based on what everybody feels would be best for the game's enjoyment. As a group I'd like us to choose how the events play out as they're playing out for us, and worry less about making it a theoretically sound sequence of events.

Here is my personal reconstruction of what happened between Ha and Q...
I wrote:*Kaworu spears Yui with the Spear of Cassius, paralyzing her- but she still has pseudo-evolved.
*Nerv basically goes back to normal, sans Shinji and Yui.
*Eleventh Angel comes, is killed, no problem here.
*Twelfth Angel comes, takes over Mark.06, breaks into Terminal Dogma. He fuses with Lilith, begins an Impact.
*They have to stop him! But only a Holy Lance can do the trick... they take the Lance of Cassius out of Yui, and use it to shut down Twelve/Lilith. But meanwhile Yui is still in Impact-mode, making things worse!
*It all comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down...
*Yui shuts herself down and is then sent into space. Gendo sneaks into Terminal Dogma and transforms the Lance of Cassius into another Longinus somehow.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:04 pm

I have a couple questions for that play of events:

If Nerv goes back to normal, does it get ever get repaired from the attack? From what we see of the remaining Geofront in 3.0, Nerv HQ still has a gaping hole in the pyramid caused by Zeruel. Or shall we explain the damage in 3.0 as something different?

Regarding the Mark 06's designation as the 12th Angel, 3.0 says that Lilin had modified the Mark 06 to be autonomous. Is that a separate occurance from it's redesignation as 12th Angel, or the same? And was Mark 06 infected by an Angel at some point, or had it always been the 12th Angel all along? Either way, I agree that Mark 06 (discovered to be the 12th Angel or redesignated as the 12th Angel) did attempt to go alone to Lilith's chamber to start an Impact Event.

And lastly, at what point does Unit-01 get exiled into space? After the real Third Impact? Or does Seele exile it sooner, for fear of it having become a god too early for their plans?
- Sachi

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:19 pm

In answer,
1) I don't know, it seems to me to be a minor thing. It could be that Nerv was replaced with some UN nonsense or something. My point in saying that things went back to normal is that the near Third Impact didn't do any relevant cosmic damage or anything. It's the completed Third Impact that makes the world surreal
2) I mean that it was taken over
3) It gets exiled to space once Yui calms down (which ends the completed Third Impact)

Return to “Role-Playing Related”