Newest Eva Exhibit - Currently in Yokohama July 19 to Sept 7

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Why is everything so expensive and hard to get? :sniffle:
Awesome book! It's cool to see stuff from the Q production.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 pm

3,000 yen for this isn't really that expensive as far as Eva books go.

Die Sterne was - 2,800
Der Mond - 3,000
Groundwork 1 - 2,500
Groundwork 2 - 2,500
Groundwork 3 - 3,000
Groundwork Movie 1 - 3,500
Groundwork Movie 2 - 3,500
Groundwork Jo - 3,500
Groundwork Ha-1 - 3,500
Groundwork Ha-2 - 3,500
The Last Year of Ryohji Kaji - 4,800

Shipping could add quite a bit, and I keep hearing things about how evil european customs can be with import taxes so I guess things could get expensive.

Hard to get part we'll actually have to see. At the moment proxy services seem to be the only option but if the book will be constantly made available in Japan until at least early 2015 then you might see regular anime shops showing an interest in acquiring some stock.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

AR-99
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:18 pm

TM, Appreciate all the time and effort it took to both review the catalog and and point out its features. The Real Scale Gallery is what excites me the most since it comes so close to reproducing the production artwork. I also think 3,000Y is within reason.

Adding this to my list of Eva wants but it'll be a while before I pull the trigger. Will ask my contact though if the exhibit will be closer to her since it is alternating sites.

BTW, this was included in my Eva-T order so here is a high res scan for you all to enjoy. It's an eiga chirashi for the exhibit with specific info for the Matsuya Ginza debut. There is also info on the back but I only scanned the front.
SPOILER: Show
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:37 pm

It's not that it is very expensive, but I don't have much money right now, and my parents wouldn't like it if I bought art books. They would maybe think it's a waste of money. I hope the day I can buy this stuff it's still there...somewhere.
It's like with the storyboard books for the series. I would love those books.

Thanks for posting the pics and the review though!
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 am

@ TMBounty_Hunter : about the concept arts of the Giant of Light, did it says if the thing on its forehead is a third eye or a chakra? That would help to determine if EVA-01 is one of the four ADAMs or not.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Giji Shinka
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:11 am

Eva-01 while in God-mode (The pic which was drawn by using a pencil) looked pretty similar to key to nebuchadnezzar..... (I know this is noticed a long time ago, but now i get some sort of confirmation about this)They definitely have connection, but i'm not sure if both are related to Adams.

But anyways, very nice thing you got in your hands, Hunter. :thumbsup:

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:20 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Eva-01 while in God-mode (The pic which was drawn by using a pencil) looked pretty similar to key to nebuchadnezzar..... (I know this is noticed a long time ago, but now i get some sort of confirmation about this)They definitely have connection, but i'm not sure if both are related to Adams.

Has this... not been noticed until now or is it just me?

Giji Shinka
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:39 am

View Original PostCharsi wrote:Has this... not been noticed until now or is it just me?

I dunno.....Maybe it's just me who just noticed....The film didn't show the details more clearly to me.

Here on the other hand, you can see similarities pretty well.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:48 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:@ TMBounty_Hunter : about the concept arts of the Giant of Light, did it says if the thing on its forehead is a third eye or a chakra? That would help to determine if EVA-01 is one of the four ADAMs or not.

The concept art has no labels.
One of the animation layers does.
It labels the two cores (but probably as a reminder that the core sparkle effect needs to be added)
And it labels the third eye as "ak 1", which I assume is aka 1 (red 1) because there's labels for "ak 2" and "ak 4" on the other layers (and those parts are very red in the movie) and also "pin 1", "pin 2" and "pin 4" on the flame effect which is very pink in the final movie.

You're probably not gonna get your Adams answers any time soon...

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:@ TMBounty_Hunter : about the concept arts of the Giant of Light, did it says if the thing on its forehead is a third eye or a chakra? That would help to determine if EVA-01 is one of the four ADAMs or not.

But aren't those drawings Eva-01 in God Mode?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:50 am

Yes, that what I was talking about with the "Giant of Light", maybe I should have said "Radiant Giant" or "God-mode Unit 01"...
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

AR-99
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Coverage of the exhibit now that it has wrapped up in Ginza: http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/08/27/ginzas-evangelion-exhibit-is-amazing-we-are-not-surprised/

And TM's link to the catalog book is now dead if you wanted to get it. :|
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:00 pm

It may be gone from the Matsuya Ginza store...but starting from early September it will be available from the official Eva Store website

http://www.evastore.jp/pc/article/Z0000401.html

So there you go. Wider availability confirmed.

AR-99
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks for the link. I recall that the sword exhibit catalog ended up in the Evastore too.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:06 am

Starting tomorrow the exhibit re-opens at the Fukuoka location - Kitakyushu Manga Museum and will remain at there until December 27th.

http://www.asahi.com/event/evangelion/outline_fukuoka.html

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:46 am

This is too cool! Man, I wish I could get my hands of some of this stuff

any more pictures of the exhibit would be much
appreciated.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

AR-99
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:14 am

^Lol, speaking of stuff, I found the link to the goods page: http://www.asahi.com/event/evangelion/goods.html

Besides the exhibit book that TM mentioned earlier, we have shirts, cushions, postcards, coasters, keychains, towels, pens, food, pins, and #22 I believe is clear files. Only the Rei figure though ATM.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 am

^
That's the first time I see so much Q-related goodies, I though that they would never make them beside figurines, with the lack of :misato_service: !

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:04 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:^Lol, speaking of stuff, I found the link to the goods page: http://www.asahi.com/event/evangelion/goods.html

Besides the exhibit book that TM mentioned earlier, we have shirts, cushions, postcards, coasters, keychains, towels, pens, food, pins, and #22 I believe is clear files. Only the Rei figure though ATM.

Thank You! Those cushions look comfy do they not?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:20 pm

That Rei-in-a-tank is absolutely disturbing.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”