Do you think we will see Lilith in Final

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
cloudxsolder
Adam

Do you think we will see Lilith in Final

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:57 am

I noticed in 2.22 that Seele state "Its (a true evangelion) birth and liliths resurrection will signify the time of our covenant'

Do you think that lilith dying was part of their plan? Or are they just refering to it's awakening from it's suspended state.

Do you think we will see lilith in Final?

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:15 am

I doubt we will see Lilith in FINAL considering she's dead.

I also believe that in 2.0, when they were talking about the reawakening on Lilith, that could have been what happened down in Dogma with her off her cross, not to mention they viewed the Mark 06 as "The True Evangelion".
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:51 am

If unit-01 is made of Lilith like NGE universe, then we may see her after all, if not we may see the Final Impact with one of the Adams involved.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:46 am

Wait, I thought Lilith was reawakened into Evangelion 13 as a result of 4I.
At least that's what I took from that whole thing.

Didn't Gendo's little spiel at the end of Q confirm that as part of The Plan?
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:58 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Wait, I thought Lilith was reawakened into Evangelion 13 as a result of 4I.
At least that's what I took from that whole thing.

Didn't Gendo's little spiel at the end of Q confirm that as part of The Plan?

I believe that was just the 12th Angel merging with her remains, which is why you saw the images of Rei. The actual Lilith was gone as soon as Eva 13 removed the spears.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Maybe we'd see Lilith in Final as Rei (or multiple Reis), assuming what held for NGE also holds for NME. Other that that, I doubt it since her body exploded.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:47 pm

I'm with the general thinking : if Rei has Lilith's soul and EVA-01 is made from Lilith's body like in NGE, then we will probably see her : if the two points are true, then at this moment of the story Rei/Lilith is at the same state of "evolution" than GNR in EoE : a completed Lilith, body(EVA-01) and soul(Rei II) who have absorbed an ADAM-based lifeform(Zeruel).
B I think she will appears in in a different form than GNR, if only to surprise the audience.

If what held in NGE doesn't apply here, then no, Lilith is definitively dead and gone.

But since Kaworu's former status as First Angel imply that his soul comes from ADAM like in NGE, Lilith's soul must have gone somewhere, if it didn't simply stayed inside the marshmallow body and died with it.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 pm

The whole "ressurection" talk made me think "Unit one" right away, even back in 2.0 before the actual Lillith was out of the picture.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Mmmmmh... that's a possibility, after all EVA-01 was implied to be special : Gendo was surprised that SEELE decided to use Mark.06 to create the "true Evangelion", saying that the other EVAs, "even Unit 01" are just step stones for that, and when preparing the operation to fight Sahaquiel, Ritsuko was very adamant that Misato should make the protection of Lilith and EVA-01 her priority.

I always though that EVA-01 was the contingency plan in the case of something happens with Lilith, like it was in NGE, but with this covenant that implicate Lilith's resurrection and EVA-01 initially fated to became the "true god" to guide humanity through Instrumentality, it's not impossible that SEELE intended to resurrect Lilith through EVA-01, her part of the covenant would probably be to be the guide for mankind when Instrumentality begin...

At least that was probably how it was planned, until SEELE found one of the four ADAMs on the Moon...
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:17 pm

I think we will, simply because the NGE series ended with what the dictionary needs to define as a climactic ending, and NME seems to top everything the original did...ehhh.....at least in the action department. I could argue that the psychology within the movies and behind their plot is not as deep as with the tv series, but the action sure as hell tops the anime in all departments. Plus, there seems to be a slight trend with cooler/creepier scenes involving Lilith with each new movie.

In order to make the final movie climactic he needs something big....something like another impact, and I don't see them triggering it without lilith. Although they might trigger it with gendo's weird hand thingy (with that shit Kaji brought to Gendo in 2.0), but in either case, Im sure we'll see some epic angel/awakened godly eva or big deity that threatens humanity in some way, shape or form. :ritsuko_mug:

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:52 am

I don't think Lilith returns in final, because it would be already used concept and a bit cliche to have her involved in the final climax. And as someone said above: 4.0 (And rebuilt) has to try many new things to be even more stand alone compared to NGE. Plus, having Lilith in final is an old stuff, not new.

NME seems to top everything the original did...ehhh.....at least in the action department. I could argue that the psychology within the movies and behind their plot is not as deep as with the tv series.

Yup. Action is a lot better than in NGE, and i hope the final battle goes beyond we've seen so far in any anime. (Gurren Lagann type of galaxy over the top fights are impossible)

And yeah the psychological stuff in the movies have been toned down a lot, and that's fine and more "realistic" to have combination of broken and healthy people in NME. (Unlike in NGE it was a bit unrealistic to have ALMOST EVERY character seriously fucked up. Not a bad thing story/character wise, but still.)

xdiesp
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xdiesp » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:12 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:And yeah the psychological stuff in the movies have been toned down a lot, and that's fine and more "realistic" to have combination of broken and healthy people in NME. (Unlike in NGE it was a bit unrealistic to have ALMOST EVERY character seriously fucked up. Not a bad thing story/character wise, but still.)

It would be a banal thing to say, that everyone is a little fucked up inside... and they are, but it has to be seen in perspective with the surroundings. But the awareness of the problem is all another matter. In EVA, it's aknowledged. Many other shows have equally fucked up people, but fail to realize, or honestly evangelize you that everything is actually ok. In Star Trek, they have this master rule that you're not supposed to contact aliens which are not technologically advanced enough to build a spaceship: stuff is bananas, some relic from the age of british imperialism and their brave fight with the "savages", as it instantly scraps any philosophy and culture's importance in the face of being able to build a fucking coal engine.
SOUND ONLY

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”