Do you think there will be a final classroom scene in 4.0?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ShinjyWoruSoryu
Embryo

Do you think there will be a final classroom scene in 4.0?

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjyWoruSoryu » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:34 pm

As a nice little homage to the old times of eva, I would like to see just a little bit of something like this. But then again, the only kids who appear to be left are the pilots.. Even so, I feel that it would add a nice touch.

What do you guys think?
It all returns to nothing.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Do you think there will be a final classroom scene in 4.

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:40 pm

View Original PostShinjyWoruSoryu wrote:the only kids who appear to be left are the pilots..

Who are (mostly, as far as we know) 28 - not likely to be at school whatever the state of the world, I'd say.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ShinjyWoruSoryu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjyWoruSoryu » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Oh yeah.

How could I forget :facepalm:
It all returns to nothing.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:49 pm

There is no going back to normality after N3I + 3I + 14 years of hell + 4I.

Even if things don't get worse it's gonna be a looooooong time before things can be even semi-normal.

Only way a classroom scene is happening is if Asuka/Shinji/ReiQ come across the school during their trek. There could be a tiny, tiny chance that it survived the impacts. I never looked up where it is on a the maps but it's on higher ground in the hills out of the way of the main fortress city that got completely destroyed. Maybe they'll head there for higher ground to try and get a signal out to Wunder. Maybe they'll even camp for the night. But that's already wanking a bit much.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:58 pm

If some kind of Instrumentality happens maybe we see something similar to the alternative universe in 26?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:15 am

Classroom scene? The main cast isn't even school-age anymore, and that includes Sakura. The school's probably been destroyed anyways.

Yeah, the only way i'd see it happening is in an instrumentality sequence OR a scene towards the very end if Shinji is granted the ability to change the world like in the manga.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:37 am

I REALLY hope that we won't have a similar cop-out than in the manga, 3.0 whole premise(and Rebuild message in a way) is clear : you can not redo, stop looking for the past, it's the past and you can't come back to it, the only direction that exist is forward. Or stagnation, which led nowhere(Gendo is proof enough of that)
The best I could see for FINAL is that a way to "decontaminate" the planet is found to give a chance to what remains of mankind.

As for a "classroom scene", you mean a scene like the ones in 2.0 were we see the cast everyday life? Unlikely : even if the place where Shinji ends is a "Lilin City" with a school, most of the 2-A classroom from 2.0 is dead or 28 years old, Asuka is mentally 28 and a full-time EVA pilot, Rei a clone completely socially inept(and still considered as more of an enemy than a victim of Gendo's madness) and Shinji is an Impact Trigger(meaning having to be under constant custody by WILLE) and currently insane.

One thing I could see is a variant of the everyday scenes in the Wunder, showing us what is the life of the crew were there isn't Nemesis Series trying to fry them or an Impact to stop, scene like, I don't know : Koji in a poker party with Aoba and Hyuuga, Asuka and Mari in a video-game duel, Kitakami standing in line his turn to use the communication system to talk with his mother(don't know why, but he strikes me as a Mama's boy!), Sakura's disastrous attempts to cook something during her spare time and trying to find someone to taste her food(don't ask me from where that comes from!), Shinji nearly dying because he accepted to taste Sakura's food(poor boy didn't know that it's a bizutage among the Wunder crew :lol: )...

Or if really their would be one, I could see one at the very end of the movie if FINAL have a somewhat good end where Instrumentality is stopped and the world decontaminated, where we see Shinji, Rei and Asuka back at school to finish their studies in Lilin City's school : their still have a 14 years old body but the curse as been cured, and Asuka want to finally be able to experiment a normal life after 24 years as an EVA pilot, and her body still being at 14 give her that chance.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:00 am

It'd have to be some kind of replay during Complementation, and would require Final to go full-on EoE head-trip at us, and I'm doubtful that such a thing will happen this time around.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:37 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote: Kitakami standing in line his turn to use the communication system to talk with his mother(don't know why, but he strikes me as a Mama's boy!).

Wait, isn't Kitakami the pink-haired girl?

I doubt there will be a classroom scene in Final, unless it's a deconstruction-type scene to illustrate how harsh post-3I life is or a trippy sequence in Final Impact/Instrumentality.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:46 am

Oh yes my bad, I was thinking about the guy surrounded with instruction manuals in 3.0, and I still can't remember his name! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Tangent about school uniforms went here.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Of course there will be a classroom scene. After Gendo is defeated every character (even the dead ones) gathers to Shinji's (former) classroom, Shinji smiles and gives "the nice guy" pose and the film ends. :O

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”