[Speculation] Eva Final out Winter 2015?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:07 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I've accepted the earliest we'll get Final is 2015. I'm much happier & healthier because of this.

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The longer it takes the happier I'll be because it gives me more time to learn moon and no have to deal with pesky things like subtitles.

Also presumably the longer it takes the more polished it will be, so why rush things?

Voices of reason.

But seriously, why are people in such a rush for Final? I know it's been more than a year since Q came out but it only feels like yesterday to me - Still haven't recovered yet, being this involved in the fandom when a new movie comes along is something akin to a "bombardment" of the senses/self, haha.

There's still plenty to chew over in Q 'til the conclusion comes out, all in good time in 2015, as it should.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:14 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:And there is such a thing as being too much in love with your work. I still want the best for FINAL, and for Anno and Khara to do their best, just not to the degree of say, Michael Cimino's Heaven's Gate for example.

Can you explain me what you meant with that comparison with Michael Cimino's Heaven's Gate?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Yaywalter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:27 am

If the wait's as long as between 1.0 and 2.0, we'll get Final in September of this year.... which would make a good celebration of the 7th anniversary of 1.0, which came out September 1st of 2007.

If the wait's as long as between 2.0 and 3.0 we'll get Final in April of 2016... which would really suck. :lol:

The average of the two waits would place Final in July 2015.

I think one of the reasons why the wait for 3.0 was so long was that Studio Khara was transitioning to a more 3D-centric workflow. Hopefully now that they've gotten that taken care of, the wait for Final will err closer to the wait for 2.0 than the wait for 3.0... but only time will tell.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:15 pm

April or September in Japan is way better than July, which is hot and where I stay, there's no AC, or even screens on the windows. September 1st (when 1.0 came out) was still pretty hot. If that matters for anyone who plans on making the tirp to the premiere.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:16 pm

I gave up speculating release dates years ago. It was really the long wait between 2 & 3 that drove into my mind the realization that these guys - rightfully so - are taking their damn time & will release the film whenever it's good & ready.

Take a chill pill & just wait till news comes out. Otherwise you're gonna get all up in a fervor expecting "OMG, a release date in Summer 2014 is so possible!" then be let down repeatedly.

Worse all these disappointments with the release date could ultimately color your perception of the film when you do see it.

Eva: Final will come out when Anno & Co feel it's good & ready. I expect 2015 is the most likely candidate. Early 2015 or late 2015? No idea. And if it's 2016 or later? Okay then. I can wait.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:18 pm

I think I can lock this now.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”