[Speculation] Eva Final out Winter 2015?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

[Speculation] Eva Final out Winter 2015?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:16 pm

Minna no Eva Fan has a speculation page about Final being theatrically released Winter 2015.

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2391.html

Too pressed for time to translate things in full, so Article summary follows:

Article Summary wrote:On page 138 in last month's edition (July 2013) of the magazine Otona Famitsu, an article blurb about the 3.33 BD/DVD (as well as the success of 1.11 and 2.22) comments on Final getting a Winter 2015 release--along with trailer recording being a hot topic.

Then page 139 of this month's Otona Famitsu (August 2013) has a chart of films planned to be released in 2015 which includes Final.

Minna no Eva Fan mentions how this speculation meshes with the Internet, a Japanese Yahoo Answers page: Somebody asked if the 3.33 BD/DVD has bonus footage that includes the supposed release date, but the image found online (said preview/tel-op image is in the Minna no Eva Fan article) is obviously fake.

Presently, Final's theatrical debut isn't fixed but it's good to think about.

EDIT:

There's another rumor mentioning a 2014 release according to Google search: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2325.html

July 1st 2012 is when Q's release date was given, so maybe they'll be something similar this year for Final.

FWIW, illustrator Yoichi Fukano (深野洋一) seems to think Final will be released in 2015, though I doubt an illustrator has any insider knowledge. (Unless they're one of the higher ups.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:24 pm

:drool: That would be perfect!

Oh man, I know this is gonna sound weird, but this is one of those things I had seriously worried ("worried") about, because it's important to me what time of year in which I see the movies. I have always seen them in summer or thereabouts. If the movie gets released in winter, then the BD will be out by summer! Wait, does Winter 2015 mean the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2015, like, January or February? Either way, the BD will be out in summer! WOO HOO!

Winter would also be fitting for the theatrical release if Anno finally goes for that "ending in snow" like he supposedly wanted for the original :devil:.
Last edited by Monk Ed on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:25 pm

I almost hope Anno is specifically waiting for 2015 just for the novelty of it being THAT year.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Having Final come out in 2015 would be a great marketing decision.
July 1st 2012 is when Q's release date was given, so maybe they'll be something similar this year for Final.

I'd be happy if we got some rough artwork.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:55 pm

I doubt anything will happen July 1st this year because the 2012 announcement was an event well hyped before it actually happend. That was the big fancy Eva Extra 08 is being projected onto a wall thing, remember? We still have completely silence from official channels.

My only hopes for this year is Anno drawing more festival lamps

SPOILER: Show

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:23 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:because the 2012 announcement was an event well hyped before it actually happened.

Agreed, I just figured a summary of all the speculation from that article would be good though. Google giving Final's theatrical debut (when you input the Japanese title) as 2014 is weird, though.

My only hopes for this year is Anno drawing more festival lamps

I thought Anno has drawn festival lamps each year, so hopefully.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 pm

I was hoping for some kind of announcement on July 1st as well, but if the Eva Extra 08 thing was as advertised as TMBounty_Hunter says it was, then I doubt anything will happen. As awesome as it would be to have the release date be a reference to an important date in the Eva-verse, I really don't want to wait another three years to see FINAL....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm going into Evangelion 4.0 Hypersleep.

I'm hopeful that the script for 4.0 is "finished" enough that they can now begin production but once they do Khara & Co go into lockdown mode. No news. No pics. No hints. No tweets. Nothing. Pure blackout. Not to be negative but I expect it'll be like that for at least the next year. Unless they pull a release date out of nowhere in the next week or two the rest of 2013 is going to be silent.

But hey, maybe we'll be lucky & on New Year's 2014 they'll drop a huge announcement like they did when we entered 2012.

Either way, I'll keep coming back to EvaGeeks daily (more or lesS) for the discussion but don't expect to hear of any official news for a while.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:14 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Having Final come out in 2015 would be a great marketing decision.

Come to think of it, it would also mark the 20th anniversary of the franchise as well.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Winter would also be fitting if Anno finally goes for that "ending in snow" like he supposedly wanted for the original :devil:.

When did he say that? I've read so many interviews...And what does he mean with an ending in snow?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:34 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:When did he say that?

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Statements_by_Evangelion_Staff#Toshio_Okada:_Return_of_the_Otaking
Okada, re: EoE wrote:And Mr. Anno has said, in remaking the last two episodes of EVANGELION, he's going to Studio Ghibli to study Mr. Miyazaki's system. And that studio has a big system for computer-graphics images. I've heard they've got five, or seven, Silicon Graphics workstations. What Anno wants to make is a "snow world"-- the Eva units fighting the enemy amidst a world of snow, on a snow- covered mountain. But it's very difficult to portray snow falling and piling, and the robots walking through the snow--it's very difficult to draw by the human hand. Mr. Anno wants to make a masterful scene of a battle amongst the snow. Computer graphics are very expensive, and very difficult to use, but they have great possibilities.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:56 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:http://wiki.evageeks.org/Statements_by_Evangelion_Staff#Toshio_Okada:_Return_of_the_Otaking

Snow battle etc

Oh god, how have I not heard of this before. For years I've been wanking away at a snow/blizzard battle in my head because I thought it would be the coolest thing ever and now I find out Anno wanted to do that all along?

I don't have the vocabulary or emoticons to express my brain right now.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 pm

NO! NO NO NO I DON"T WANNA WAIT THAT LONG! I'm still hoping 2014, heck by winter 2015 I'll be 26 and this whole thing started when I was 16 for crying out loud! I know the show takes place in 2015, but FINAL will be in 2029 anyways.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Eva battles in the snow.... would love!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:44 pm

If this is all good and true and stuff, It's nice to know that they're not trying to avoid the obvious with the meta release date.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:44 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:http://wiki.evageeks.org/Statements_by_Evangelion_Staff#Toshio_Okada:_Return_of_the_Otaking

Thanks!
Maybe we see a snow battle in FINALE. BTW, how will the BD release be called? I'm not kidding. I really think they could name it Evangelion: Finale.FinalFinale
We are talking about Anno. The fact that his films have names in Japanese, various in english, etc. makes this a possibility.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Uhhh. That was an interview from 1996. Ultimately EoE's main battle was instead rotoscoped. I think if Anno really wanted a snow battle, he would have had one by now. Core-fallout battle however....
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Whoever said it wasn't an interview from 1996, etc? :???:
System Administrator

iihieiii
Lilith

Postby iihieiii » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Actually I did this a few days ago trying to "speculate" i release date: (btw facepalm anytime ;P) :rolleyes:

Considering that the time between Japanese releases were according to the text below...we have a Min/Max of 21/41 months intervals between the movies.

So...we can make 4 estimated releases for 4.0 ;P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release Dates

------------------------------------------------
Japan
1.11 [September, 2007].........21 months later.........2.22 [June, 2009].........41 months.........3.33 [November, 2012]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.0 Movie Possible Dates
------------------------------------------------
based on the last JAP movie 3.33 [November, 2012]

* Sep/Oct 2013 * -( 10/11 months) Considering the OVERTIME in 2.0 to 3.0

* August 2014 * ---( 21 months) Minimum time between movies

* June 2015 * -----( 31 months) Medium time between movies

* April 2016 * -----( 41 months) Jez...2016 =/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
So...after "Minna no Eva Fan" news...i believe that will be around August 2014--June 2015 :sniffle: :sniffle: :sniffle:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:32 pm

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Ultimately EoE's main battle was instead rotoscoped.

It was not. Mitsuo Iso has his own slightly peculiar animation style but that's about it.
(off-topic but needed correcting)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”