Jaeger vs Evas

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

LairenyX
Embryo

Jaeger vs Evas

•      
  •      

Postby LairenyX » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:01 am

As you know... the movie "Pacific Rim" is coming out and...

i NEED to know which is the better weapon for humanity...in the follow category:

1) To fight against giant monsters
2) Aesthetic
3) Against the other group (Jaeger vs Evas)

Basically, I just want to know which looks better, is more powerful, and more effective against the enemy.

If giant monsters were to invade us in real time and we can only pick between these two weapons, which would the world goverments pick?

Thx.

P.S: For the aesthetic part, please post as many near CGI or best picture of Evas as you can.
Nothing here

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:57 am

As far as I know Jaegers aren't pseudo-gods and going by footage I've seen they're much slower, clumsier tin cans. Plus they don't have AT Field either so this fight is over before it even began.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:13 am

Well maybe the Jaeger have a chance... against provisional Unit-05. :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well maybe the Jaeger have a chance... against provisional Unit-05. :lol:

I doubt it, Eva-05 has rockets, that Spear of Longinus replica, an ATF, and is piloted by Mari. I think it's actually one of the most badass Evangelions out there, albeit difficult to steer.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:09 am

Makes you imagine what the definitive Unit-05 was supposed to be!

By the way did we know the height of a Jaeger, or at least an approximation?
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:56 am

Jeagers are apparently 280 feet tall= 85 meters, so they are 5 meters larger than Rebuilt of Evangelion Eva's.

[url]http://www.pacificrimmovie.net/news/tv-spot-shows-footage/pacific-rim-movie-jaeger-blueprint-height-comparison/[/url] If this is legit.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 am

Ok soooo... basically Jeager vs EVA is like Jet Alone vs EVA right?

That should respond to the OP question! :lol:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Jaeger loses. No ATF, clumsy, and lacks mobility.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Finally looked at the trailer, the Jaeger look really clunky.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:41 pm

We cannot really properly judge this until the movie comes out. Trailers can't possibly give an accurate assessment of what a Jaeger can do.

Even the website's details have nothing to really measure against an Eva until they are seen in action.

My gut instinct however, is that the Jaegers would lose. AT field rules the school.
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:14 pm

setting mechanics, different universes, and my overall hatred for this movie aside, the EVA wins based solely on one principle: AT Field.

LairenyX
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LairenyX » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Ok, thx for the respond so far guys. It seems like from your thoughts, Evas are better because it has more agility and have superior defensive mechanism, some kind of ATF shield.
Nothing here

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 pm

View Original PostLairenyX wrote:some kind of ATF shield.

..... :bigeyes: ...... :facepalm: ..... I take it you are not a fan of/familiar with the series then?
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 pm

View Original PostJurrasic wrote:..... :bigeyes: ...... :facepalm: ..... I take it you are not a fan of/familiar with the series then?

judging by the fact that he's comparing Evangelions to second-rate CG robots, i would say so

LairenyX
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LairenyX » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:26 pm

View Original PostJurrasic wrote:..... :bigeyes: ...... :facepalm: ..... I take it you are not a fan of/familiar with the series then?

No I am not.... up until this summer, I wasn't too experienced with the Mech vs Monster stuff. I've seen Godzilla, Power Ranger, and Gundam 00 a lot... but nothing that's Robot vs monster like NGE and Pacific Rim.

When I learn of Pacific Rim recently around April or May... the giant robot vs giant mosnter stuff really excited me. I saw the trailers for Pacific Rim, 2 of them, and I noticed that in the comment area, ppl say that Pacific Rim rips off NGE.

I was curious as to what NGE was so I looked it up and saw that it was in a similar style of piloted robot fighting giant monster to defend humankind... then the obsession set in. I always HAVE to know which is better through comparision... like I always do Call of Duty vs Battlefield 3 research and stuff like F22 raptor jet vs SU-35 jet... it's natural for this to happen to me.

I was SOO curious that that's how I got here, made an account, to ask you guys and do more research on Evas robot to have a clearer picture on which is the more powerful mech to fight monster against and in general.

lol, thx for any help.
Nothing here

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Well, basically the "AT Field" is an impenetrable barrier. Nothing can destroy it (we see it getting hit by gun turrets, missiles, rocket launchers, in some cases even a N2 bomb, without ever breaking) other than another AT Field. So the Evas are basically invincible against anything except other Evas or the Angels from NGE.

And I'm nothing like you

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Re: Jaeger vs Evas

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:56 pm

View Original PostLairenyX wrote:As you know... the movie "Pacific Rim" is coming out and...

i NEED to know which is the better weapon for humanity...in the follow category:

1) To fight against giant monsters
2) Aesthetic
3) Against the other group (Jaeger vs Evas)

Basically, I just want to know which looks better, is more powerful, and more effective against the enemy.

If giant monsters were to invade us in real time and we can only pick between these two weapons, which would the world goverments pick?

Thx.

P.S: For the aesthetic part, please post as many near CGI or best picture of Evas as you can.

Avast! Ye be setting yer sails with no wind lad. Ye be best waiting to the 12th till ye be making bets.
View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Well, basically the "AT Field" is an impenetrable barrier. Nothing can destroy it (we see it getting hit by gun turrets, missiles, rocket launchers, in some cases even a N2 bomb, without ever breaking) other than another AT Field. So the Evas are basically invincible against anything except other Evas or the Angels from NGE.
what be that Positron cannon then? That thar blew holes clean through the AT field and the angel.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

LairenyX
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LairenyX » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:00 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Avast! Ye be setting yer sails with no wind lad. Ye be best waiting to the 12th till ye be making bets.
what be that Positron cannon then? That thar blew holes clean through the AT field and the angel.

Pirate gundam? just fking epic--- is all the word I can muster up.
Nothing here

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:25 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote: what be that Positron cannon then? That thar blew holes clean through the AT field and the angel.

Except for Arael... So if you're far away enough then you'll be fine. Additionally Jaegers probably can't use the positron cannon, since it seems to require accurate sniping and Jaegers don't come with sniping gear, unlike Evas.

And I'm nothing like you

LairenyX
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LairenyX » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 am

Is it true that Evas can climb up the side of a sky scraper? like kind of the way Spider Man does it?
Nothing here

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”