[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:42 am

Which TI kit is it? Because it seems like they made like 20 of them so maybe the parts of the manual are due to iterative changes from kit to kit?

Would love some progress pics :D
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:07 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Which TI kit is it? Because it seems like they made like 20 of them so maybe the parts of the manual are due to iterative changes from kit to kit?

Eva-02 (colored). The manuals are model-specific, there's just stuff in them that is wrong (like indicating that polycaps should be cut down more than is suitable for correctly working joints). I'm actually doing a build thread on a local forum (I think it shows up in Google already), but if I manage to successfully complete this kit (and seeing the paint cans needed come down to 60 bucks or so I will have to complete it ^_^ ) I will likely do another build report in English either on here on in a Blog when I build my TI Eva-00, 01, or 03. Then I can also write the report a bit more coherently than the Dutch one...

I'll also have to sort out my display space, the weapons on these things are HUGE (Eva-02's spear is close to 40 cm long...).
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

SavviMaple
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SavviMaple » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:11 pm

AmiAmi and HLJ are restocking the old Bandai LMHG kits. I think its my chance to grab the Mass Production Eva :D
This Godzilla theme colour looks pretty interesting: http://hlj.com/product/kbykp-4224

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:26 am

My Eva-02 Technique Impossible kit is nearing completion, 1.5 months after having started it :D . There were some tricky bits that can mostly be blamed on missing steps in the manual, but it is not impossible to build - in fact, for a multimedia kit it was a rather straightforward build :!: . I expected this kit to last me until the end of the year... Best of all, it can actually stand under its own weight, with the characteristic hunched pose of an Eva (most other articulated kits stand too straight, IMHO). I will post pictures when done.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:38 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Which TI kit is it? Because it seems like they made like 20 of them so maybe the parts of the manual are due to iterative changes from kit to kit?

So for your viewing (and reading) pleasure:

https://topographicoceans.wordpress.com/2016/10/02/kotobukiya-technique-impossible-eva-03-part-1/

I've started my TI Eva-03, and am doing a Blog about the hard bits.
(please be nice to me, I'm kinda new to this blogging thing ^_^ )

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:32 am

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG will definitely keep F5ing that blog :D

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:05 am

Can anyone vouch for the effectiveness of portable spray booths? I don't really have the space for a permanent airbrushing setup at the moment, and they look like they could be the answer to my prayers.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:09 am

IMO fancy pre-built spraybooths are way too expensive.

You can very easily build your own spraybooth with basically just 3 things:
-booth part = either cardboard box or plastic storage container of preferable size for your work and work area.
-a fan = the common thing seen around the world is bathroom or kitchen exhaust fan. Personally I have been luck enough to salvage a few kitchen range hood fans that other people threw out so I've never had to pay full price for one.
-a hose to take all the nasty air out the window = common vent hoses from your hardware store work fine, just make sure it's big enough for the airflow your fan puts out.

There is lots of tutorials online for building your own simple booth. Over the years I have went through many progressively larger cardboard boxes for my spraybooths.

Stroll down memory lane  SPOILER: Show

First, small range hood fan, two 4" drier hoses. This was stuck right into the window so a bit noisy.

Second, bigger range hood fan I decided to build into a box outside on the balcony to keep the noise out of my room. Two 6" hoses now.

In a way this fan was overkill. While at maximum power it definitely did not allow any fumes to stay in the room, it also sucked lots of dusty air over your work :3

That all changed this past August when I decided to build myself a permanent booth and ended up with this monstrocity

SPOILER: Show

This was also all built out of scrap because apparently people just throw out perfectly good material in Canada. Had to wait an extra month til end of September for someone to throw out a table with drawer slides long enough to make the drawers I needed. Now all my paint supplies are vented.

Same range hood fan as the last cardboard box, but now a more appropriately sized spraybooth for its power.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:37 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:IMO fancy pre-built spraybooths are way too expensive.

You can very easily build your own spraybooth with basically just 3 things:
-booth part = either cardboard box or plastic storage container of preferable size for your work and work area.
-a fan = the common thing seen around the world is bathroom or kitchen exhaust fan. Personally I have been luck enough to salvage a few kitchen range hood fans that other people threw out so I've never had to pay full price for one.
-a hose to take all the nasty air out the window = common vent hoses from your hardware store work fine, just make sure it's big enough for the airflow your fan puts out.

There is lots of tutorials online for building your own simple booth. Over the years I have went through many progressively larger cardboard boxes for my spraybooths.

Stroll down memory lane  SPOILER: Show

First, small range hood fan, two 4" drier hoses. This was stuck right into the window so a bit noisy.

Second, bigger range hood fan I decided to build into a box outside on the balcony to keep the noise out of my room. Two 6" hoses now.

In a way this fan was overkill. While at maximum power it definitely did not allow any fumes to stay in the room, it also sucked lots of dusty air over your work :3

That all changed this past August when I decided to build myself a permanent booth and ended up with this monstrocity

This was also all built out of scrap because apparently people just throw out perfectly good material in Canada. Had to wait an extra month til end of September for someone to throw out a table with drawer slides long enough to make the drawers I needed. Now all my paint supplies are vented.

Same range hood fan as the last cardboard box, but now a more appropriately sized spraybooth for its power.

I see. Thank you very much- I'll look into building my own in that case. Thanks mate! ^_^

EDIT: Would this be a good bet?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:46 pm

In general the advice usually is you don't want a fan where the motor is inside the air stream because flammable fumes, etc. That is definitely a thing to keep in mind but generally when painting models the concentration of flammable fumes is too low to be dangerous. But still keep that in mind.

Another thing about motor int he air stream is all that overpray dust has to settle somewhere, so consider an air filter at in the booth to extend the life of both the fan and hose.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:23 am

How bad does it stink on the exhaust side of your spray boots?

Right now I spray models with spray cans on my balcony but I can't do that when the weather's bad or cold (which is 40% of the year or more around here), so I'm thinking of getting myself a spray booth. My problem is that in my 2-room apartment I use the sleeping room (noisy + cold in winter, not pleasant to actually sleep in) as my hobby room and that the only vent it has (window can't open; against burglars) exhausts just 20 cm above head height on the walkway that gives access to all flats on my floor - I don't want to give any passer-by a new hair color by accident -o-; .

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:08 am

My room is the middle on in the apartment. If it's just airbrushing then it doesn't really bother anyone. If it's something high volume like spraycans then I tell everyone to close their windows. Same if it's something really stinky like Bondo/polyester putty. That shit smells nasty and for quite some time.

Never had complaints from neighboring apartment. I'm high up, on the corner and it's a windy section due to other buildings around so the smell doesn't get a chance to linger around. Just have to care about the initial spraying period.

As for your situation with the vent, again a filter in the booth itself would take care of most of the particles, save the fan and only pump the solvent fumes into the walkway.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 am

Here's a question for you guys.

You've been given a huge amount of money and the license to produce Evangelion figures. Through divine providence/a recent massive resurgence in the Eva fandom in Japan, they are guaranteed to sell well enough such that you can make as many as you want at whatever pricepoint you want. There is only one restriction: They all have to be in the same scale (note scale, not size- obviously Gendo will be bigger than Shinji), though the Angels/Evangelions can be to a different scale to the humans for obvious reasons. What scale do you pick? Which characters do you do (and in what order)? How will they be designed? What accessories do they come with? Etc etc.

TLDR: What would be your ideal Eva toyline?

Squigger's Figures Enterprises  SPOILER: Show
The human characters would be done to 1/18 scale, AKA GI Joe/Microman scale, thus allowing for them to be more affordable, take up less space and to be able to interact with 1/18 scale accessories (which are IIRC very popular). The figures would be to proper scale. They would have a focus on articulation, essentially using a scaled down version of your standard Figma articulation layout. Each figure would come with at least 3 extra faceplates, a variety of hands and a few accessories. In addition, each figure would come with a single die-cast accessory, not a compulsory iconic item but rather something silly for added fun, like human-scaled Eva weapons and other such daftness. They would come with Figma-style articulated stands. Multiple outfit versions of each character would be available, including non-canon and entirely silly ones.

In addition, there would be 1/18 scale "playsets"/diorama displays and the occasional vehicle. Some dioramas would come with exclusive figures (though no diecast accessories to keep the price from skyrocketing).

The Evas would be roughly the same size as the larger human figures (like Gendo) though obviously not actually 1/18 scale as that would make them larger than the average person. Once again, articulation would be the focus, and they too would come with stands. They would come with the usual gamut of hands and weapons. They too would come with die-cast accessories, except they would be Eva-scaled versions of human accessories for maximum fun-time (so Unit 02 would come with a little painted Asuka figure).

There would be, of course, city diorama sets available for your Evas to fight Angels in. They would be modular to allow for a truly massive display to be built (if thou so desire).

The Angels would be in-scale with the Evas. They would come with fewer accessories and no die-cast bonus item, which would be compensated for by their generally larger size and non-standard design (Sachiel for example would have articulated claws rather than swappable hands). The largest Angels would have to be omitted for simple size considerations (a to-scale Sahaquiel would still be ridiculously enormous) but some would get other, roughly in scale products released (a giant plush Sahaquiel for example).]]

The figures would be released in "waves" of figures rather than individually, owing to their smaller size and thus comparably easier to manufacture nature. The humans would be released 3 at a time, the Evas 3 at a time with an Angel in each wave.

Theoretical Release Schedule  SPOILER: Show
Human wave 1:
Shinji (plugsuit version)
Rei (plugsuit version)
Asuka plugsuit version)

Human wave 2
Misato (NERV uniform version)
Ritsuko (Labcoat version)
Kaji

Diorama 1:
Misato's apartment (with exclusive casual Misato figure)

Human wave 3:
Shinji (school uniform version)
Rei (school uniform version)
Asuka (school uniform version)

Diorama 2:
The Eva hangar (with exclusive episode 1 swimsuit Ritsuko figure)

Human wave 4:
Touji (tracksuit/casual version)
Kensuke (school uniform version)
Hikari (school uniform version)

Diorama 3:
The classroom (with exclusive Chinese pyjamas Hikari figure)

Human wave 5:
Gendo
Fuyutsuki
Kaworu (school uniform version)

Diorama 4: Entry plug (blank out of the box, comes with decal sheet to customize into any Eva unit's entry plug)

Human wave 6:
Hyuuga
Aoba
Maya

Vehicle 1: Misato's car

Human wave 7:
Touji (plugsuit version)
Kensuke (plugsuit version)
Hikari (plugsuit version)

Vehicle 2: NERV VTOL gunship

Human wave 8:
Rei (bandage version)
Kaworu (plugsuit version)
Mana

Vehicle 3: UN Tank

Human wave 9:
Rei (swimsuit version)
Asuka (swimsuit version)
Hikari (swimsuit version)

Diorama 5: The vending machine room (with exclusive party dress Misato figure)

Human wave 10:
Yui (labcoat version)
Naoko
Young Gendo

Event exclusive figures (in no particular order):
Yui (Unit 01 experiment version)
Rei (prototype version/"Yui Ichijio")
Asuka (prototype version)

Evangelion/Angel release schedule (released concurrently with the humans):

Eva wave 1:
Unit 01
Unit 02
Unit 00 (orange version)
Sachiel

Eva wave 2:
Unit 03
Unit 04
Unit 00 (blue version)
Shamshel

Eva wave 3:
Unit 01 (berserk version)
Unit 02 (EoE version)
Mass Production Evangelion
Zeruel

Eva wave 4:
Unit 01 (metallic version)
Unit 02 (metallic version)
Unit 00 (blue metallic version)
Israfel (comes with all 3 versions)

Event exclusive figures:
Unit 01 (prototype version)
Diemay Angel
Super-ridiculously-exclusive-edition hand-painted "cel-shaded" versions of the Evas.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:49 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Here's a question for you guys.

You've been given a huge amount of money and the license to produce Evangelion figures. Through divine providence/a recent massive resurgence in the Eva fandom in Japan, they are guaranteed to sell well enough such that you can make as many as you want at whatever pricepoint you want. There is only one restriction: They all have to be in the same scale (note scale, not size- obviously Gendo will be bigger than Shinji), though the Angels/Evangelions can be to a different scale to the humans for obvious reasons. What scale do you pick? Which characters do you do (and in what order)? How will they be designed? What accessories do they come with? Etc etc.

Hm. Well...

Fyrstorm's... something. Figure Something.  SPOILER: Show
First off, a little thing; I like Rebuild. However, I also like the original series. As such there'd be kind of a mash-up of both going on.

All human-scale characters would be done in a scale similar to Revoltechs or Figmas (I am not a scaling person). Obviously, they'd scale with each-other-- and probably figures of those other lines as well, just for fun. General articulation would be made of ball and universal joints, with a few good old fashioned hinges in places like the elbows and knees. They'd all use the same hand and face/head connectors, allowing for general fooling around. Ideally, they'd be able to stand up on their own, but just in case, they'd come with a clear stand adapter.

For accessories, you'd be looking at a bunch of hands, a few face-plates (I'm going to rip off Squig and go with a total of four-- one already on the figure, three others), the aforementioned stand adapter, and a few accessories. There'd be anywhere from one to three different versions of each figure, with more in the case of things like Rebuild's changes. There would probably be some versions from the other canons, though these would be special edition ones.

The Evas and Angels would be similarly sized (a little bigger than the humans), but at a massively smaller scale (my original plan was 1/144th, but that's still goddamn massive, so they wouldn't be that). They'd have similar articulation, adjusted as needed for the body types, with some having very unique ones (read; Eva Unit-05). Accessories would be-- for the Evas; a multitude of hands, numerous weapons (all usable by the other Evas), a stand adapter, a few miscellaneous accessories, and an umbilical cable-- for the Angels; a few relevant accessories, a unique stand, an adapter, and a few environment pieces (buildings and stuff). The more abstract angels would compensate for their lack of articulation by having more accessories, being generally bigger, and possibly something else.

The figures would be released in themed waves, designed to account for specific parts of the series or movies. Each wave would include several people, Evas, and Angels

Theoretical Release Schedule  SPOILER: Show
Wave 1-2: Angel Attack
Shinji Ikari - 01 Plugsuit Version (comes with alternate 1.0 chestpiece)
Rei Ayanami - 00 Plugsuit Version (comes with alternate 1.0 chestpiece)
Gendo Ikari (comes with Adam hand)
Misato Katsuragi - Uniform Version
Evangelion Unit-01 - Series Version (comes with exchangeable broken arm and unarmoured head)
Evangelion Unit-01 - Movie Version (comes with gatling gun and exchangeable G-Type shoulder pylon)
Angel of Water, Sachiel (comes with alternate headpieces - long beak, two faced, and broken mask)
Angel of Dawn, Shamshel - Series Version(comes with flexible wire tentacles)

Shinji Ikari - Uniform Version (comes with S-DAT)
Rei Ayanami - Uniform Version
Doctor Ritsuko Akagi - Nerv Version (comes with glasses)
Kozo Fuyutsuki
Touji Suzuhara - Tracksuit Version
Kensuke Aida - Uniform Version
Hikari Horaki - Uniform Version
Evangelion Unit-00 - Series Version (comes with exchangeable damaged chestplate and entry plug hatch)
Evangelion Unit-00 - Movie Version (comes with arm shackles and exchangeable Signal Termination Plug)
Angel of Lightning, Ramiel - Series Version (comes with 3 Positron Beam effects (Ramiel Beam, Yashima Beam, and Intertwined Beam piece) and Positron Sniper Rifle - Series Version)
Angel of Lightning, Ramiel - Movie Version (comes with Hyper Positron Beam effect, exchangeable pieces to switch to Pentagon Form, and Positron Sniper Rifle - Movie Version)
Jet Alone (comes with exclusive Misato-Carrying Hand for Unit-01)

Wave 3-4: Asuka Strikes!
Asuka Langley - 02 Plugsuit Version
Asuka Langley - Casual/Sundress Version
Asuka Langley - Uniform Version
Ryoji Kaji (comes with opening Adam Briefcase and opening Lost Key Briefcase)
Maya Ibuki - Nerv Version (comes with cat pillow)
Makoto Hyuga - Nerv Version
Shigeru Aoba - Nerv Version
Eva Unit-02 - Series Version (comes with flexible cloak and exchangeable Berserker head)
Eva Unit-02 - Movie Version (comes with S-Type equipment, exchangeable open shoulder pylons, and exchangeable "The Beast" shoulder limiters)
Angel of Fish, Gaghiel
Angel of Dance, Israfel Prime (comes with cracked core option)
Angel of Dance, Israfel Alpha/Beta - Kou/Otsu (double pack, comes with beam effect)

Kensuke Aida - Soldier Outfit Version
Shinji Ikari - Synchronized Dance Version
Asuka Langley - Synchronized Dance Version
Mari Illustrious Makinami - 05 Provisional Plugsuit Version
Mari Illustrious Makinami - Casual Version (comes with parachute pack and helmet)
Eva Provisional Unit-05 (bigger, bulkier, and more fun. Comes with articulated claws, exchangeable rolling wheels, articulated Berserker head, and escape craft)
Eva Unit-00' - Series Version (blue) (comes with exchangeable "Jump Jet" shoulder pylons)
Eva Unit-00' - Movie Version (comes with N2 Missile and Repair parts)
The Third Angel - Movie Version
Angel of the Unborn, Sandalphon
Angel of Rain, Matarael

Wave 5-6: Dark Descent
Shinji Ikari - Child/Leliel Version
Rei Ayanami - Child/Rei I Version
Nerv Section-2 Operative - Male
Nerv Section-2 Operative - Female
SEELE Chairman Lorenz Kiel - Series Version
Touji Suzuhara - 03 Plugsuit Version
Eva Unit-01 - Bloodied Version
Eva Unit-03 - Series Version
Eva Unit-03 - Movie Version
Angel of Night, Leliel (can combine with Eva Unit-01 Bloodied Version to recreate the Eva's emergence)
Angel of Hail, Bardiel - Series Version (comes with corrupting ooze parts, and flexible lower arms)
Angel of Hail, Bardiel - Movie Version (comes with secondary arms)

Shinji Ikari - Awakening Version
Mari Illustrious Makinami - 05 Final Plugsuit Version (comes with exchangeable chestpiece and wrists to recreate Beast Mode effect)
Misato Katsuragi - Bandaged Version
Asuka Langley Shikinami - 03 Test Plugsuit Version (with exchangeable Bardiel-corrupted arm and head)
Kaworu Nagisa - (Movie) 06 Plugsuit Version
Eva Unit-04 - Series Version
Eva Unit-01 - (Series) Carnage Version (comes with flesh arm)
Eva Unit-01 - (Movie) Awakened Version (comes with AT Arm)
Eva Unit-02 - (Movie) THE BEAST
Angel of Strength, Zeruel - Series Version (with flexible ribbon arms)
Angel of Strength, Zeruel - Movie Version (with flexible ribbon arms, and choice of two bodies - normal Zeruel and ZeReil)

Wave 7-8: Tumbling Down
Asuka Langley - Child/Arael Version
Asuka Langley Shikinami - 02b (Movie) Plugsuit Version
Asuka Langley Shikinami - 02b (Movie) Jacket Version
Rei Ayanami - Infected Version
Kaworu Nagisa - Series/Manga Casual Version (comes with swapable hair to create Series or Manga Version)
Kaworu Nagisa - Movie Casual Version
Yui Ikari - Series Version
Eva Unit-00' - (Series) Infected Version
Eva Unit-02b - (Movie) Operation US Version
Eva Unit-08a - Operation US Version
Eva Mark.06
Angel of Birds, Arael
Angel of the Mountain of God, Armisael

Misato Katsuragi - Wille Captain
Sakura Suzuhara - Wille Version
Shinji Ikari - (Movie) 13 Plugsuit Version
Kaworu Nagisa - (Movie) 13 Plugsuit Version
Asuka Langley Shikinami - Wille 02 Plugsuit Version
Mari Illustrious Makinami - Wille 08 Plugsuit Version
Rei Ayanami - 09 Plugsuit Version
Eva Unit-02y (comes with grasping arm and underwater arm)
Eva Unit-08b (comes with alternate Core-corrupted arms)
Eva Unit-02y - Ver. 777 THE BEAST (comes with gun arm)
Eva 13
Eva Mark.09 (comes with Vessel of the Adams head)

Wave 9-10: Don't Be
Shinji Ikari - Special Plugsuit Version
Asuka Langley - Special Plugsuit Version
Rei Ayanami - Special Plugsuit Version
Eva Unit-02 - EoE Version (comes with AT Attack and Lance-pierced head)
Mass-Production Eva (set of three)
Eva Unit-01 - Impact Version
Adam - Series Version
Lilith - Series Version

Yui Ikari - University Version (Manga)
Mari Makinami - University Version (Manga)
Kyoko Zeppelin Sohryu - University Version (Manga)
Gendo Rokubungi - University Version (Manga)
Prof. Fuyutsuki - University Version (Manga)

Wave Special:
Rei Ayanami - Bandaged Plugsuit Version (comes with alternate chestpiece)
Kaworu Nagisa - Series (02) Plugsuit Version
Hikari Horaki - EURO-II Plugsuit Version
Shiro Tokita
Eva Unit-01 - Proposal of Evangelion Version (comes with alternate right arm, left shoulder, chest piece, and head to recreate "blood red berserker" form)
Eva EURO-II Heurtebize (comes with AT Spear and wings)
Eva Unit-04 - Movie/Ride Version (comes with Rapid Borer attachments)
Eva Unit-08 - Trailer Version (comes with unique halo stand)
Evangelion Armaros

Old Waves would still be made, so it's not like if you miss one you miss it forever, but they'd definitely be outnumbered by the newer Waves.

I could never possibly afford all of them, but that's how I'd do it.

Plus, it'd finally get you all that 3.0 Misato figure I see everyone here griping about :tongue:
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:33 am

I just wish that they continued producing classic NGE merchandise rather than just Rebuild. As entertaining as the Rebuilds are, they don't hold a candle to the groundbreaking, classic original series.

Fortunately, NGE merchandise isn't hard to find, especially the LM-HG kits. The Revoltechs (especially for the humans) are pretty inexpensive as well, and I ordered both sizes of Asuka Soryu.
My main hobby is dressing up as a 14-year-old girl
Instagram|Cosplay Facebook

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:55 am

View Original PostCharizard wrote:I just wish that they continued producing classic NGE merchandise rather than just Rebuild. As entertaining as the Rebuilds are, they don't hold a candle to the groundbreaking, classic original series.

Fortunately, NGE merchandise isn't hard to find, especially the LM-HG kits. The Revoltechs (especially for the humans) are pretty inexpensive as well, and I ordered both sizes of Asuka Soryu.

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Here's a question for you guys.

Simple. Evangelion figmas and nendoroids. We already had Rei, Mari and test plugsuit (odd choice) Asuka for figmas and racing nendoroids, so just start up the lines again. As such, we won't get large waves or anything, but rather individual releases as is the norm with figmas/nendos.

Figmas:
  • Rei Ayanami (plugsuit, re-release without cockpit)
  • Asuka Langley Shikinami (Eva 2.0 normal plugsuit), with NGE accessories so she can represent Soryu as well
  • Shinji Ikari (plugsuit)
  • Rei Ayanami (school uniform)
  • Asuka Langley Shikinami (school uniform)
  • Rei Q
  • Kaworu Nagisa (school uniform)
  • Asuka Langley Shikinami (3.0 plugsuit)

Nendoroids:
  • Rei Ayanami (plugsuit)
  • Asuka Langley Shikinami (Eva 2.0 normal plugsuit), with Soryu accessories
  • EVA Unit-01 (Rebuild)
  • EVA Unit-02 (Rebuild)
  • EVA Unit-01 (TV version), limited edition
  • EVA Unit-02 (TV version), limited edition
  • Rei Ayanami (school uniform)
  • Asuka Langley Soryu (yellow dress)
  • Mari Illustrious Makinami (plugsuit)
My main hobby is dressing up as a 14-year-old girl
Instagram|Cosplay Facebook

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:44 pm

i'm suprised and disapointed max factory never released Shinji figma, arent them aware he is the main character ?WTH !!
and for a "doll" line i cannot believe they skipped the school version of the girls.......they do it for every show the licensed !

i want plugsuit Asuka, Shinji in plug suit or school uniforme, Misato in red jacket with pen pen, MF gendo, 3 bridge bunnies (mostly just maya really), and the old guy who name i always forgot
ANATA BAKA !?

Freeshinji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Freeshinji » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi, can someone tell me why bandai stopped producing the robot spirits for evangelion? I just bought a SDCC Eva Unit 01 and realized revoltech has more figures than bandai does.

Should I collect both brands or skip the robot spirits and collect the revoltechs? Money is no issue, its the quality and a complete collection that matters to me.

Thanks for the help

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:17 pm

View Original PostFreeshinji wrote:Hi, can someone tell me why bandai stopped producing the robot spirits for evangelion?

Nobody knows... But Revoltech also stopped producing Evas

View Original PostFreeshinji wrote:revoltech has more figures than bandai does.

Yes, yes they do :wink:

View Original PostFreeshinji wrote:Should I collect both brands or skip the robot spirits and collect the revoltechs?

Skip the RD :devil:
Half the collection are expensive Limited Editions tricky to come by... (although I'll give that quality an detail is superior than Revoltechs)

View Original PostFreeshinji wrote:its the quality and a complete collection that matters to me.

At long last someone that thinks the way I do :peace:
Revoltechs are complete NGE wise and Rebuild is pretty much complete (sans some Q Evas)

View Original PostFreeshinji wrote:Thanks for the help

Your welcome :emogendo:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Freeshinji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Freeshinji » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:57 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Nobody knows... But Revoltech also stopped producing Evas

Yes, yes they do :wink:

Skip the RD :devil:
Half the collection are expensive Limited Editions tricky to come by... (although I'll give that quality an detail is superior than Revoltechs)

At long last someone that thinks the way I do :peace:
Revoltechs are complete NGE wise and Rebuild is pretty much complete (sans some Q Evas)

Your welcome :emogendo:

Thanks

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”