Extended Evangelion Fanfiction .: Help Wanted :.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Israfel777
Embryo

Extended Evangelion Fanfiction .: Help Wanted :.

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:37 pm

The reason behind this fanfiction was meant to be an extention of the original Eva series, but at the same time reveal a few events that occur through End of Evangelion. To start off, I will explain every bit of information I have written that maybe of some importants toward the development of this fanfic.

Starting off will be the Angels, although I have not fully decided on all of the angels yet, there will be a total of 21 Angels that will be made for this fanfiction. A list of Angels, locations, and physical appearances are listed below.

Azazel - stone mask over face
Galgaliel - spinning wheel(s), appears using the sun as a blind spot
Hamied - white angel with many transparent eyes
Jehoel - incantations on body; fins, wings, and gills
Munkir - blue-eyed, appears in Antarctica, integrated with Nakir
Nakir - blue-eyed, appears in Antarctica, integrated with Munkir
Nathaniel - multiple holes that releases fire, comes from inactive volcano
Nisroc - looks a little like an eagle
Orifiel - comes from the forest
Qaphsiel - looks like a dove, appears over Tokyo 2
Rampel - appears from the mountain near Tokyo 3, rocky appearance
Charoum - deliberating...
Jamaerah - deliberating...
Remliel - deliberating...
Shekinah - deliberating...
Taharial - deliberating...
Xaphan - deliberating...

Next would be the work on a new Prototype of Evangelion, one designed for a certain purpose in mind.

The base which was set to design the support system for this model of Evangelion was designed with one purpose in mind: to improve the capabilities of the pilot by limiting distractions and adding new systematic preferences, such as an improved Dummy Plug system.

The ratio setting for the nerve connections to the Eva was cut by 30% in order for the Dummy Plug to operate for such methods as a contingency if the pilot's life is endangered. Unlike the Dummy Plug added to Eva Unit 01, this model was created to improve survivability mechanisms (improved vision, acute hearing, and faster reflexes) and is within the pilot's control, as the system works by sending signals via wavelength to match the pilot's psynchronization ratio, therefore proves the theory behind the use of enhancing pilot's capabilities during combat. The easiest way to determine the activation of the Dummy Plug system using this model would be when the closed horizontal eye lid in the center of the Eva's forehead opens.

Despite the Dummy Plug's improved system, it has a tendency to continuously raising the pilot's sync ratio, even to a point that instabilities, such as headaches, concussions, and other such mental defects are possible, yet could last between 1-6 days, depending upon how long the pilot is connected to the Dummy Plug.

Besides the construction of this system, another systematic preference was added in exchange of the use of the Dummy Plug suggested by NERV. 3 Dummy Plugs were recorded as being used instead, this is because each Dummy Plug is modeled after each computer of the Magi system, which includes the pilot link to the 3 Dummy Plugs in case of deliberations, which unless absolutely necessarily is a near impossibility.
(Note: I have not yet confirmed any names of these "Magi" Dummy Plugs, but the names will become available later.)

One last note that should be made is the fact that this model was not fitted to be connected via umbilical cable, however the energy reserve has been extended to a span of 7-9 minutes, and can be equipped with a power pack, with an active time of 2 minutes, prior to activation.

Although Prototype 03 was designed for this purpose, only those specially assigned to use this model are to be notified of the risks taken by using Evangelion Prototype 03.

And finally would be Magoroku Exterminate Sword (referred to as the Progressive Sword w/ Counter Sword).

Even though this weapon was only seen in the Neon Genesis Evangelion merchandise and games, I wanted to bring this weapon to the fanfiction as one method of combat against at least 2-5 of the Angels.

Like Evangelion Prototype 03, I have yet to determine a time in which production of the Progressive Sword and the Counter Sword were created or suggested. However, I would like to express that during the fanfiction, at least in one or two instances that this weapon is used, it will be classified as being unstable as it was a last resort used in battle, and wasn't fully completed to work with the Counter Sword without causing major instability.

If you are interested in assisting me in this fanfiction, please contact me via AIM or MSN, or by pming me on this board. Thank you.

AIM: Israfel777
MSN: [email protected]

Edit: I have finally decided on these Dummy Plug "Magi"s names: Hor, Basanater, and Karsudan.
Last edited by Israfel777 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:21 am

I really don't have much to add here... The area you seem most interested in developing is a bit against my "political" leanings. (I'm a "Free Eva!" person, rare as they are.) I did develop some new angels for a now-defunct fanfiction of mine, one of them, incidentally, being Azazel. (Mine doesn't have a 'stone mask', but she DOES have an 'exoskeletal' skull.)

One problem with making new Angels to "extend" NGE is that things could start getting rather deja vu if you're not very careful. Thoughts:

Azazel: 'Mask' (or stylized face, rather) motif used with Sachiel, Israfel, Zeruel.
Galgaliel: "Wheel of Fire" motif used with Armisael.
Jehoel: Potential Gaghiel rehash.
Munkir/Nakir: Potential Israfel rehash.
Nathaniel: We already got a "volcano" Angel.
Nisroc, Qaphsiel: Already got one "bird" Angel.

Of course, the more Angels there are, the more the opportunities for uniqueness dwindle. But if they can abandon their original forms to become things as messed-up as Leliel, the range of possibilities is *extremely* broad.

If anything in NGE is to be considered "Shekinah", it's the entity Rei/Lilith becomes in EoE. Seriously.

"Magoroku Exterminate Sword" is the official name, with the abbreviated form being "Magorox". (And, yeah, its counterpart is the Counter Sword.) "Progressive Sword" just sounds like something made up by those who didn't know what to call the weapon; I wouldn't use it, myself.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:09 am

So, what would be some suggestions for ones that can be used? This is the reason why I need to get together a team on this fanfiction, because regardless of me being an Eva fan, my knowledge and point of perception aren't exactly my strongsuits.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:51 pm

I can't join up on anything, I'm afraid, and designing new Angels isn't a specialty or anything. (The ones I did create were more "creature"-oriented, if that makes sense.) Avoiding the "deja vu" pitfall is rather difficult IMO, and I'm not sure how important it is to you... If you feel like looking into "alternate possibilities", my suggestion would be to do research (read up on random things in science, the natural world, etc.) and try to approach the concept of sentient life in new ways.

Well, when *I* did that, I never finished any fanfics, so you might want to disregard my advice.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:54 pm

If you need somebody to do more research aon angels and design them I may be able to pull it off.
Rei Ayanami is the greatest anime heroin!!!

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:16 am

If you've already got storyboards or outlines, I can help by fleshing out the writing of the actual scenes.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:55 am

Same here. I actually me eable to do anything that has to do with design and writing. So story boards, designs, I thought this was supposed to be a fan fic. Does it go beyond that? Is itt like a manga or something?

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:03 am

A lending hand from both of you would be appreciated greatly. If we decide to expand it beyond just a fanfiction to a manga, that would put a lot of work on you, so let's worry about this first then decide if we should do that later.

To that end, I've decided instead of adding these onto the series, this could possibly be an alternative to the story, replacing everything after Israfel with this fanfictions, and creating a different EoE, a different Third Impact.

My current consern is developing different possible Angels without stepping onto already treaded territory. Reichu's suggestion of characteristics of seperating from their original form is something that shouldn't be overlooked. For example, here's one I thought of:

Galgaliel - I previously explained the spinning wheel that was referred to as the "Wheel of Fire", however, the point I'm hoping to get across is the fact that this Angel takes on the theosophical idealism of the Astral body, using the term of "light body" to distinguish this Angel's adaptability to changes in a day. To further explain it, during the day, this Angel reverts to the Astral Plane, also known as the 5th dimension, and therefore takes on a transparent yet blendable camaflauge to make it near invisible when the sun is out. The purpose behind the spinning wheel ("Wheel of Fire") is not meant to be used by reference as similar to Armisael, because it, unlike Armisael, has a wheel, somewhat similar to a steering wheel for a ship floating and connected to the back. When this wheel spins clockways, means that it is gathering solar energy, as for most of its attacks is solar powered; however, when night comes, it retakes it physical form, and the wheel spins counter-clockwise, to create friction generated energy against its natural spin clockwise.

What I am planning though besides that is to make at least 4-5 of these Angels subjugated to where they aren't necessarily classified as Angels, just by assumption. For instance, Xaphan, his similarities to Bardiel are a little off, because of the Dummy Plug system installed in the Evangelion Prototype Unit #03, in which the system itself becomes the pilot, and implanted with a suggestion that the human race is an Angel, as referred to as the 18th Angel Lilim.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:16 pm

Sounds like you've already put a lot of hard work into this. Why do you want this to take place immediately after Israfel? I would think at least somewhere between episodes 12 and 17, so that way Misato would have been promoted, Shinji and Asuka would (maybe) have had their famous kiss, and it would be before Toji's accident. But, hey, it's your story, just wondering why you chose that particular episode. Keep me posted on updates and let me know how I can help.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:34 pm

You have a good point, I could possibly extend it after Leliel. However, one of the reasons behind why I wanted it to take place after Israfel is because if you watch that episode, you'd see Ramiel begin to deteriorate at some points. I wanted to demonstrate Azazel for the replaced Ramiel, because by reference, Azazel is the rebirth of Ramiel.

It was just a suggestion when I thought of starting from there, but any place after Israfel to that of Leliel would be a good place to start.

ZeroFive1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ZeroFive1 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:42 pm

When will this split from the original series?

Episode 17?

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:48 pm

The fanfiction will take place after the episode of Leliel, I'm not sure of the episode # but it will replace a lot of facts from the series, establishing that there is no Evangelion Unit #3 or 4, and the next child will be the 4th child, which we will be creating ourselves. Despite that, the characters of the main series will still be there, such as Kaworu Nagisa under a different plot. With that, some of the events in NGE after Leliel will remain the same, the loss of the Lance of Longinus, but a little differently.

We won't just be working on a new alternative to the series, but a different ending via EoE, perhaps the prevention of Third Impact, or something much worse then what was seen, that has not yet been decided.

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:52 am

I've done some research. Some of my ideas on how we could possibley use them are in here as well.

Naanah is a fallen angel, succumbus, and one of the four prostitute angels. Like Lilith she is said to have had intercourse with Adam. Now we all know how different Lililith is from her mythological origin. What I think we could do is make her muck like she is now, but at the same time the opposite of Lilith in the series. This could make her a important and powerful foe. Someone for one of the final battles.

Shemyazaz was in a heirarchy of angel called the Grigori, meaning Watchers but became a fallen angel. His name means in famous rebelion. He could be watching on us for along time with us knowing it . I have more I'll say later.

More questions. Will there be a few new characters to add?

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:01 am

I already know we are perhaps going to add a couple to the group, and perhaps a few minor characters, ones similar to Maya and the others. We want to branch out further with characters so that there's more people you could get to know besides knowing the same characters from the series.

I'm currently working out the creator and brains behind the Evangelion Prototype #03. I was most likely going to create a situation that would change this character's appearance, to make him more like a 14 year old. BTW: His name for now until I come up with a better name is Sagiri Koubu.
Last edited by Israfel777 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:44 am

I have ideas for posibilities,. When I have them more straightened out I'll name them.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:23 am

Remember: Any people-names have to contain references to WW2 naval vessels. ;)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:02 pm

@ Reichu (and anyone else ;) )

Israfel is setting up a forum for anyone interested in contributing to the project. It would be fantastic if you could drop by and just throw up your personal ideas, ramblings, insights, whatever. PM one of us if you're (or again, anyone) interested.
Awesomely Shitty

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:47 pm

Yes, this i very interesting!!!!

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:41 pm

Reichu wrote:Remember: Any people-names have to contain references to WW2 naval vessels. ;)

I'm aware of that, the name Sagiri Koubu comes from the Japanese destroyer Sagiri of the Fubuki class, and Koubu meaning stern.

Kaworu Nagisa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu Nagisa » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:50 am

I was thinking about doing a fanfic myself, but I suppose I oculd help you.
Mine was going to take place an undetermined time after the events of EoE, with all new characters. I had an idea involving the angels/new threat coming from the LCL sea, as I believe that if humans could have been reconstructed from it, what is to say that negative humans/beings or even thoughts could manifest themselves from the LCL and try and complete what 3d Impact couldn't? The Lilith of this new outing would be a "Mary" like being that would give birth to the messiah and pretty much bring a 4th Impact if possible.
The new characters I had been mulling over as representing the three godess theory. Basically, a normal minded girl who is trying to cope with her new position as Eva pilot, a more wacky Asuka esque girl who is more hyper but not as mean, and a quiet and itelligent girl, more open than Rei but still softspoken.
The problem of new Evas would be solved with the new NERV (whoever that may be) trying to stop this new threat by looking back upon history at the original NERV. They could always take EVA 1 from outer space (or maybe it crashed down somewhere) and use it to produce more.
As for a possibility of returning cast, well, who knows who could come crawling out of the LCL? But I don't want to tamper with the fomrula of the original as it would be impossible to elaborate on those characters.
As for a title, well not very original but going with the "end times" theme...
Neon Revelations Evangelion > . >
The thing is, you seem to want to do an alternate ending, while I want to do an entirely new continuation of the series. My personal belief is that the original work cannot be given justice to, that is why I'd rather pick up from where Anno left off.
Kaworu died for your sins > . >

Return to “Fanfiction”