PlayStation 4

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 am

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles/2013/06/12/sony-bans-online-passes-on-ps4/
I'm not a fan boy but LOL sony continue to win

Just one more nail in Microsoft's coffin. :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles/2013/06/12/sony-bans-online-passes-on-ps4/
I'm not a Sony fan either, I should be an enemy of Sony fanboys since I was grown with Sega, but Micro$hit killed my hopes and now I'll be forced to get a PS4 because it's the best choice, goddamnit. Screw PC gaming, I'm not so much into it.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:40 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:I should be an enemy of Sony fanboys since I was grown with Sega

Sega's enemy is usually Nintendo. It was something akin to what's happening between Sony and Microsoft right now, but far more vulgar.
Last edited by Tankred on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:41 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Sega's enemy is usually Nintendo.
Well, let's call it "rival" then?

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:44 am

"sega does what nintendon't"
I remember those commercials :lol:
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:"sega does what nintendon't"
I remember those commercials :lol:
You haven't witnessed the awesomeness of Sega saturn's Japanese commercials.

Stryker
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:No it isn't.

“Of course we are developing on a PC, so we look forward to releasing something on the PC sometime, but right now we have no release date,” he said. “We are not really looking to do that right now, that’s not a priority.

“We are making it and we hope to put it out [on PC] as well.”

lol
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:44 pm

But let's keep this all in perspective.

I made the following comment on a friend's Facebook post last night:

"I find it interesting, and objectively dismal (by which I mean I'm not feeling down about it but I know it's bad), that the greatest joy of E3 about this coming generation of consoles is that at least the PS4 is only slightly worse than the PS3 in matters outside of graphics (such as charging vs not charging extra for multiplayer). When the biggest applause of the night is for *not losing* the ability to lend and trade games and buy them used, something is very, very wrong with the industry as a whole. It used to be that every generation was a step up, but now we are overjoyed just to learn that we still have at least most of what we already had last generation. How appropriate that it would happen in these economic times, too."
System Administrator, Thread Surgeon General, Default Complaint Receptacle
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:52 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:lol

"may be released"

That doesn't confirm that its being released for PC and I wouldn't hold my breathe on it either, although I am not completely denying that its not possible.
*sigh* just kill me already.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:But let's keep this all in perspective.

Monk continues to live up to his title. I dislike the author's style in that article, but he raises very good points for anyone who didn't see what Sony did.

I'm just relieved they didn't go Micros way, of course that doesn't mean Sony is all that great either. It's just Sony is fucking us over less (right now anyway), and we, the customer, are allowing them to do it.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:00 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Monk continues to live up to his title. I dislike the author's style in that article, but he raises very good points for anyone who didn't see what Sony did.

I'm just relieved they didn't go Micros way, of course that doesn't mean Sony is all that great either. It's just Sony is fucking us over less (right now anyway), and we, the customer, are allowing them to do it.

How can you say about this?
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/xbox-one-will-support-live-in-these-countries-at-launch/

They got hammered enough for so long -- the iPod killed the Walkman -- that they realize that if they want to survive where Samsung and Apple have taken over, they have to make a bold move.

Stan
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm

The PS4 utterly destroyed the XBONE imho. Im glad they listened to their customers and didn't pull any rugs from underneath the fan-base like Microsoft did. I will definitely be picking up the PS4. I was with Sony my entire life, and Im glad they didn't let me down. It's kinda sad for Microsoft that Sony's console has less restrictions, is more powerful and is cheaper...

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:26 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:The PS4 utterly destroyed the XBONE imho. Im glad they listened to their customers and didn't pull any rugs from underneath the fan-base like Microsoft did. I will definitely be picking up the PS4. I was with Sony my entire life, and Im glad they didn't let me down. It's kinda sad for Microsoft that Sony's console has less restrictions, is more powerful and is cheaper...
Goodbye Microsoft, it's been fun while you made us play your Halo, thank you very much for having killed our hopes and ruined it all for us.

Stan
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:51 pm

^Welcome to the PS side of the force our new apprentice :yippee:

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:59 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:^Welcome to the PS side of the force our new apprentice :yippee:
Hold it, I'm a Sega fangirl, and I'm still faithful to Sega.

hui43210
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Personally, I think Microsoft is to blame for the shitty COD culture that console gaming seems to have fallen into(feel free to argue that since it just seems that way to me). While I don't see any turning back at this point, its nice to see that Microsoft may get what they deserve. While I all ways was a Nintendo then Sony guy, I wish that it was still Sega in the 3rd corner and not those green turds.

I gotta say, with games like Last of Us, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Killzone, heck even BF4, if COD dog edition still comes out on top in sales in 2013 I will be deeply disturbed. Whatever, Just give me FFXV and Tales of Xilla, then and I'll be fine.
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:21 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Personally, I think Microsoft is to blame for the shitty COD culture that console gaming seems to have fallen into(feel free to argue that since it just seems that way to me). While I don't see any turning back at this point, its nice to see that Microsoft may get what they deserve. While I all ways was a Nintendo then Sony guy, I wish that it was still Sega in the 3rd corner and not those green turds.

You're blaming Microsoft for something Activision did? Bobby knows how to do business, dude, unlike Microsoft. I've enjoyed my 360, but most of my friends on Live agree on one thing, our next console isn't gonna be the Xbone.

Stan
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I gotta say, with games like Last of Us, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Killzone, heck even BF4, if COD dog edition still comes out on top in sales in 2013 I will be deeply disturbed. Whatever, Just give me FFXV and Tales of Xilla, then and I'll be fine.

As much as I despise CoD, I think it is going to outsell everything else. :facepalm:

Justacrazyguy
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:As much as I despise CoD, I am 100% sure it is going to outsell everything else. :facepalm:

Corrected that for you.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Guys, let's not shit up the thread with CoD and fanaticism.

EA are still saying online passes are dead after the PS4 reveal.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”