Where do the angels come from?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SHINOBI-03
Adam

Where do the Angels come from?

•      
  •      

Postby SHINOBI-03 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:58 am

First of all, yes, I've read this page: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Angels%27_Origins But it's still did not give me good answers.

Another Evangelion question looking for an answer. One of the things I disliked about the series is the lack(?) of any information concerning the Angels and where do they come from, and how they suddenly appear without any sort of warning.

Do they pop out from another dimension in an instant? Gigantic creatures like them would be spotted rather easily if they roam the Earth in the open. So how come no warnings till they reach Tokyo III?

Do they come from outer space like Sahaquiel and Arael? If so, how does nobody detect them all before they reach Earth?

Do they exist as embryos like Sandalphon or Adam, hidden in random spots around Earth and they grow all of a sudden and that's when they first get detected?
On the List:
- 2 RD Eva 01 (On hold)
- RD Eva 02 (On hold)
- RD Eva 02 The Beast (On hold)

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Re: Where do the Angels come from?

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 am

View Original PostSHINOBI-03 wrote:Do they exist as embryos like Sandalphon

This, apparently.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Kaworu06
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu06 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:16 pm

:freud: :fuyu_facepalm:

When Adam Caused Second Impact his "Children" Were Scatrred all over so yeah...they were also turned in Embreyos...
I also go by:
Sylvi Jenni Annukka Lea Pentti.

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:51 pm

The Angels were released as embryos after Second Impact. They developed in various places around the globe until they were "born." It might seem odd that they wouldn't notice these giant things sooner, but Angels seem to be pretty good at avoiding most forms of radar and such.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:04 pm

They were waiting in secluded and uninhabited corners of the globe until they got strong enough to attack Nerv.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

chloe00
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chloe00 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:40 am

Do angels exit?

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

No Exit. B(

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:50 am

After Kawrou, yes, unless you're counting Rei. If that's the case, then no one leaves, ever.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:58 pm

As it has been stated in the thread already, during the Second Impact, Adam managed to release fourteen embryos (Sachiel through Armisael). These scattered to pretty much every place imagine, ranging from the ocean, to space, and even a volcano in one known instance. Upon reaching maturity these embryos developed into the adult incarnations we are familiar with and they began their mission towards wherever. Why all but one of the embryos on Earth remained undetected before hatching can be explained by one simply rule of story-telling: the plot demanded it.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:11 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Why all but one of the embryos on Earth remained undetected before hatching can be explained by one simply rule of story-telling: the plot demanded it.

I don't think that's necessary. Consider the vastness of the planet, the multitude of possible hiding places, and the environment post 2I (aren't we told there were wars?), it's not unreasonable that they would go undetected. I mean, they could be anywhere, and it seems Seele (and consequently Nerv and it's predecessor) weren't too keen on finding them first, as we learn in Magma Diver.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Where did Adam hatch from? I am struggling to understand exactly how the second impact happened.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:55 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:Where did Adam hatch from? I am struggling to understand exactly how the second impact happened.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it that the expedition removed the Lance, which was sealing him from evolving (or whatever it's called, releasing the angels)?

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:38 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it that the expedition removed the Lance, which was sealing him from evolving (or whatever it's called, releasing the angels)?

No, not really. According to 21', the Lance found impaling Adam had already been removed some time before Second Impact. It was shipped to the Dead Sea (the actual Dead Sea, apparently) for study, and then shipped back to Antarctica for its usage in the Adam contact experiment (whatever that was). Adam blew up, dispersed embryonic angels across the world. There's probably a thread or two out there which explain things more clearly.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:48 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:Where did Adam hatch from? I am struggling to understand exactly how the second impact happened.

Being a Seed of Life, it's difficult to determine if Adam ever "hatched." What we do know, as far as where Adam's origins go, is that she was sent in a large body that we call the White Moon (the counterpart to Lilith's Black Moon, which we see explicitly in EoE) by an ancient species known as the First Ancestral Race, or the FAR. However, the White Moon apparently crashed landed on Earth, destroying it, and leaving Adam in a state of stasis until the Katsuragi Expedition. I may be leaving out a few details, since I'm not entirely brushed up on this topic, but that's the gist of it.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:50 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Being a Seed of Life, it's difficult to determine if Adam ever "hatched." What we do know, as far as where Adam's origins go, is that she was sent in a large body that we call the White Moon (the counterpart to Lilith's Black Moon, which we see explicitly in EoE) by an ancient species known as the First Ancestral Race, or the FAR. However, the White Moon apparently crashed landed on Earth, destroying it, and leaving Adam in a state of stasis until the Katsuragi Expedition. I may be leaving out a few details, since I'm not entirely brushed up on this topic, but that's the gist of it.

Actually, as far as we know at least, Adam's white Moon landed normally. But before she could set about her work populating the Earth with Angels, Lilith's Black Moon crash landed, causing First Impact and creating the moon. Also, each seed was accompanied by a Spear of Longinus, whose job it was to suspend the seed if it tried to break the rules by becoming a god. Two different types of seeds were not allowed to exist on the same planet, probably because of the danger that they would become a god by combining the fruits of life and knowledge. Lilith's spear was destroyed in First Impact, thus even though the planet was properly Adam's, Adam's spear had no choice other than to put Adam into stasis.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:05 pm

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:Adam's spear had no choice other than to put Adam into stasis.

If the lance was a proper character I expect there were manly tears.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:03 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:Being a Seed of Life, it's difficult to determine if Adam ever "hatched." What we do know, as far as where Adam's origins go, is that she was sent in a large body that we call the White Moon (the counterpart to Lilith's Black Moon, which we see explicitly in EoE) by an ancient species known as the First Ancestral Race, or the FAR. However, the White Moon apparently crashed landed on Earth, destroying it, and leaving Adam in a state of stasis until the Katsuragi Expedition. I may be leaving out a few details, since I'm not entirely brushed up on this topic, but that's the gist of it.

I thought Lilith was the seed of life.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Seeds. BO

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:08 am

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:I thought Lilith was the seed of life.

Lilith and Adam both are.

It's also implied EVA-01 has become one at the conclusion of EoE.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Basically, Adam and Lilith are both seeds of life, Adam giving birth to the Angels, and Lilith giving birth to humans (and deer, and fish, and bugs, and all that other Earthy-stuff). Both Seeds were meant to land on different planets, but they both landed on Earth on accident, which is why the series happened.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:47 pm

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:Actually, as far as we know at least, Adam's white Moon landed normally. But before she could set about her work populating the Earth with Angels, Lilith's Black Moon crash landed, causing First Impact and creating the moon. Also, each seed was accompanied by a Spear of Longinus, whose job it was to suspend the seed if it tried to break the rules by becoming a god. Two different types of seeds were not allowed to exist on the same planet, probably because of the danger that they would become a god by combining the fruits of life and knowledge. Lilith's spear was destroyed in First Impact, thus even though the planet was properly Adam's, Adam's spear had no choice other than to put Adam into stasis.

Ancient race ? FAR.....you guys are just making this up, where does anno say any of this.
ANATA BAKA !?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:01 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Ancient race ? FAR.....you guys are just making this up, where does anno say any of this.
It is made explicit in the material he supplied for the NGE2 game, the so-called "Classified Information"; after having been implied by use of standard genre conventions in episode 21.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”