Article on IPEA

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

gchristnsn
Sachiel
Sachiel

Article on IPEA

•      
  •      

Postby gchristnsn » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:25 pm

http://wiki.evageeks.org/IPEA

There is a logo section. I think that it worth to mention there that the logo also contains olive branches from the UN logo, and the depiction of an atom.

Personally I think, that its resemblance with the awakened Unit 01 is a trolling which is achieved by the composition of the Eva with the atom. But as usual you may say that I'm immune to reason.
A short guide to NGE

- Simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones. - Occam's razor
- Since we can never know anything for sure, it is simply not worth searching for certainty; but it is well worth searching for truth; and we do this chiefly by searching for mistakes, so that we have to correct them. - Karl Popper

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Re: Article on IPEA

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:33 pm

View Original Postgchristnsn wrote:http://wiki.evageeks.org/IPEA

There is a logo section. I think that it worth to mention there that the logo also contains olive branches from the UN logo, and the depiction of an atom.

Personally I think, that its resemblance with the awakened Unit 01 is a trolling which is achieved by the composition of the Eva with the atom. But as usual you may say that I'm immune to reason.
actually it also bears a strong resemblance to the IAEA's logo
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

gchristnsn
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Article on IPEA

•      
  •      

Postby gchristnsn » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:15 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:actually it also bears a strong resemblance to the IAEA's logo

Probably it was derived from it (and may be a reference to Jet Alone, so Nerv sabotages the Marduk project instead of it), but there is also a direct connection of IPEA with UN. Since UN is one of the main players, this link needs to be highlighted.
A short guide to NGE

- Simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones. - Occam's razor
- Since we can never know anything for sure, it is simply not worth searching for certainty; but it is well worth searching for truth; and we do this chiefly by searching for mistakes, so that we have to correct them. - Karl Popper

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”