Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Postby ZapX » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:59 am

EGF Steam Group: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12966/ ... eam-Group/

Continued from:

View Original PostMt Olympus wrote:It's definitely a great game so far, the graphics are really good too, which makes the homo novus disgusting, combined with the surprise element and how shadows are used I can only play the game for at most a few hours, it's the same with Amnesia. I'm a scaredy cat :sniffle:
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:11 pm

War Thunder, pretty fun.

SPOILER: Show
Last edited by Tankred on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:14 pm

new Ace Attorney 5 trailer

dat Edgeworth at the end I was worried for a bit that he wasn't going to be in number 5
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Remember Me came out a couple of days ago - I acquired it via Steam. In retrospect, it feels like it would be much better gameplay on console/using a controller. I also was looking forward to the memory remixing bits much more than the combat aspects, but it feels much more heavily oriented toward the combat and obstacle avoidance.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm playing it right now. It's like a weird cross between Deus Ex, Mirror's Edge, and a little bit of Bioshock, yet at the same time, not like any of those games. It's an interesting game so far but nothing that's blown me away yet.

I'm really, really looking forward to The Last of Us. Had my eye on that one for a long time now.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:47 pm

September 17 needs to hurry up and get here already!

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:58 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:I'm playing it right now. It's like a weird cross between Deus Ex, Mirror's Edge, and a little bit of Bioshock, yet at the same time, not like any of those games. It's an interesting game so far but nothing that's blown me away yet.

Ooh, good comparison. I was thinking it's a bit like Assassin's Creed, Vindictus, and the Lord of the Rings console games.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Yeah, AC sprang to mind too.

In other news, Snake is now Jack Bauer. I don't know how to feel just now...

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:16 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Yeah, AC sprang to mind too.

In other news, Snake is now Jack Bauer. I don't know how to feel just now...

O_o wat

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Hayter announced awhile ago he wouldn't be voicing Snake, and I guess Kojima has his reasons for doing that, but still. Weird stuff.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm okay with it. I always thought Big Boss should have had a different VA anyway.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:37 pm

I refuse to believe Hayter isn't involved until the game is well and out. Kojima is a known troll in the vidya industry and the entire MGS5 marketing scheme has been built around the troll that was The Phantom Pain. I also noticed Kiefer never outright refers to Snake. He consistently says "This character" instead of referring to Snake by name. I wouldn't be surprised if Kiefer is playing someone else entirely and Hayter plays Snake, or if the Snake Kiefer voices isn't actually the real Snake and is a clone or some shit.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:42 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I refuse to believe Hayter isn't involved until the game is well and out. Kojima is a known troll in the vidya industry and the entire MGS5 marketing scheme has been built around the troll that was The Phantom Pain. I also noticed Kiefer never outright refers to Snake. He consistently says "This character" instead of referring to Snake by name. I wouldn't be surprised if Kiefer is playing someone else entirely and Hayter plays Snake, or if the Snake Kiefer voices isn't actually the real Snake and is a clone or some shit.

Introducing....GAS SNAKE! no but seriously this kinda reminds me when they announced that Michael Ironside wasn't voicing Sam Fisher in the new Splinter Cell that was pretty bummer too.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I refuse to believe Hayter isn't involved until the game is well and out. Kojima is a known troll in the vidya industry

I was wondering this too, especially when you consider a trailer shows Big Boss having been in a coma for some time and there's another organization.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:45 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Introducing....GAS SNAKE! no but seriously this kinda reminds me when they announced that Michael Ironside wasn't voicing Sam Fisher in the new Splinter Cell that was pretty bummer too.

The reasons were similar. Kojima talked about wanting a voice that would sound like a 48 year old man but what I got from the video was that main reason was the mocap. It's the hot new shit in the vidya industry, mocapping your voice actors facial expressions so they can convey better emotion. And if you mocap their facials, why not just use the same person to mocap their body movements? That's why they got rid of Ironside, because he's not fit enough to do the physical stuff that Fisher does.

It makes sense but it's still a damn shame. I don't understand why they had to recast Fisher. He's an old man at this point. Hell, at the start of SC1 the whole theme was that he had been off the field for a long time because he was getting up there in years. Now like five games later he looks and sounds younger than ever. They should have just given us a new character to play, and had Fisher stay back at HQ like Grim. Then again they recast her, too. Bastards.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Finished Metro: Last Light in hardcore difficulty. The atmosphere in this game was great and the little details everywere! The story was interesting, the gameplay was fun, but just like many games these days it was short.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

sephiros
Lilith

Postby sephiros » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:29 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Finished Metro: Last Light in hardcore difficulty. The atmosphere in this game was great and the little details everywere! The story was interesting, the gameplay was fun, but just like many games these days it was short.

How was Metro:LL hardcore compared to Metro:2033 hardcore. I finished 2033's hardcore sometime this spring, but havent made it to LL's hardcore yet. I had a great time with 2033 until I ran out of filters and had none for the level after Polis, so I had to redo Outpost and Black Station, which were personally two of the harder levels.

It'll be weird with Hayter not voicing Snake, hopefully it's not too different.
Godzilla never had an AT Field!!
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.
Your victory was a Deus Ex Machina, ergo that cake is a lie!

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:16 am

View Original Postsephiros wrote:How was Metro:LL hardcore compared to Metro:2033 hardcore. I finished 2033's hardcore sometime this spring, but havent made it to LL's hardcore yet. I had a great time with 2033 until I ran out of filters and had none for the level after Polis, so I had to redo Outpost and Black Station, which were personally two of the harder levels.

Sorry man, I haven´t played Metro: 2033 so I can´t compare the two of them.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:24 am

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Sorry man, I haven´t played Metro: 2033 so I can´t compare the two of them.

You should right this wrong immediately.

I've heard LL was more polished than 2033 but 2033 was still a damn fine game.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:28 pm

I have been doing a replay of Resident Evil 0, at night in the sunroom with all the lights off, just me in a recliner before the old boxy TV that I carry into the sunroom on such nights for this purpose.

And my God, it's even more fun than it was last summer.

Limited ammo. Limited inventory space. Long-range thinking. Careful planning of routes and supply usage. Knowing what to drop each time you pass by your established home base. Knowing just what to carry for a particular run.

This. Is. Survival horror.

I've also been playing Resident Evil: Revelations... and I'm sad to say it's not anywhere near as fun :(. Ironically, RE0 looks more advanced in every way, right up to the graphics, but that's just an accident of history because RE:R was originally a handheld game. It's still funny, though, because I'd imagine that someone with no familiarity with the series would look at the one and then at the other and assume that RE0 was the game that came later because it's so much more advanced and complex.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”