Fire Emblem Franchise

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:59 pm

I prefer pairing Robin x Tharja myself, but to each his own.

. . .don't you dare Judge me!
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

xyz346
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xyz346 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:26 am

^^
You only really need to worry about getting Chrom paired up with someone before Chapter 11. You can do it at any pace with everyone else. You'll have to do a lot of string pulling if you want Olivia as his wife though.

Funny...I also paired Robin and Lissa first playthrough too.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:28 am

View Original PostRay wrote:I prefer pairing Robin x Tharja myself, but to each his own.

. . .don't you dare Judge me!

Not seeing the problem here.

Personally I'd like to be able to have all the characters fuck all the other characters and love each other like one big happy incestuous family, but the game, it makes us choose. :(
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:17 am

I married
SPOILER: Show
Lucina

She is Best Girl..

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:11 am

So I went and saw my first waifu scene today. I had Robin and Sully fight together a few more times, and then watched their S-rank skit. I was a little bothered that the relationship had to jump straight from not-even-a-couple to marriage (I assume it's like that for all of them?), but the pic of her looking at me from the other side of the game screen with that smile, oh man... It's the best she's ever looked.

And once it was over, I hit L + R + Start. :crybaby:

I wanted to experience Sully as my first, but the fact remains that I want to proceed with Lissa for the purposes of this playthrough because I remain convinced that it works better for the story.

Actually, I'm not so sure about that anymore either. It really depends on what changes as a result of my chosen pairing. Will Robin and his wife have kids? Is there a timeskip and a next generation and I play as them? Does a pairing with Lissa have any special impact on the story or put the resulting child in a unique position? What does the resulting child look like? Maybe I really do want a Robin/Sully hybrid as my next MC for the second half of the game, if that's where this is going. There's just so many unknowns here and few ways to find out the answers without risking spoiling aspects of the game I don't want spoiled.

Being spoiler-intolerant is suffering. :crybaby:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:29 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote: Will Robin and his wife have kids?
Is there a timeskip and a next generation and I play as them?
Does a pairing with Lissa have any special impact on the story or put the resulting child in a unique position?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
---------
Should I be worried about hurrying up and getting my other ships shipped?

Not really the game has 25 chapters so you have plenty of time to decide.
Even after you beat the main story line, you can still go back and play around
or finish up missions you haven't beaten/Play DLC maps/Recruit characters from past games
Among other things.

Also you may want to consider picking the DLC: Summer Scramble & Hot-Spring Scramble
you get "special" scenes with certain characters.

Such as

Nintendo certainly knows their audience.

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:18 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

I knew it! I knew it!

*looks up further details... carefully*

Am I correct in understanding that each potential wife always has the same child regardless of who the father is, and therefore if I pick Sully the result will be Kjelle, and if I pick Lissa the result will be Owain?

Also, in the process of looking up these things my eyes could not help but stumble upon a certain epilogue title that spoiled the basic fate of a certain character. On the plus side, that's one big worry off my chest!

Also, I did the S-rank with Lissa just a while ago and it made me glad that I saw Sully's first. :lol: Lissa's reward screen and voice-over just aren't as touching as Sully's.

However, the scene leading up to it was adorable. I went into this scene seriously considering that I would simply watch it, reset, and then proceed with Sully after all, now that I know that a relationship with Lissa wouldn't have any special results... but how can I do that now, after such an adorable scene which also revealed that she'd been in love with him the whole time? Robin x Lissa is told just so much better than Robin x Sully, so even though Sully is my waifu the game has made me feel like Robin should be with Lissa... but then I'd be severing that self-insert link with him.

Decisions, decisions...

(Yes I take my fiction this seriously.)

Also you may want to consider picking the DLC: Summer Scramble & Hot-Spring Scramble
you get "special" scenes with certain characters.

Such as

*checks out prices* Three dollars each?! I've bought entire games for cheaper than that!

*buys* What?
System Administrator

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:38 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Am I correct in understanding that each potential wife always has the same child regardless of who the father is, and therefore if I pick Sully the result will be Kjelle, and if I pick Lissa the result will be Owain?
?

yeah that's correct the mothers will always have the same kid no matter the father with the exception of
SPOILER: Show
Morgan and Lucina Morgan's main parent is always MC man/woman and Lucina's is Crom's
but yeah the only difference are the hair colors of the children and the growth rates on stats. pretty much any person self insert MC man/woman has a kid with will be really good.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Anyone here ship Olivia & Lonqu?
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:25 am

I went after Anna in my second playthru
:thumbsup:

She's actually is a really good fighter if you level her up some.

- Suicidahlia

hui43210
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Reading this thread reminds me why this was my favorite video game of 2013 :lol:
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Since when was this a "thing"?

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:06 am

[Merged from the Smash Bros topic. - Monk]

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Man, Ike is a beast. I never paid him much mind until this Smash because only recently did I become a fan of Fire Emblem and only even more recently did I find out that he's into guys

Wait, what? Is that from Awakening?
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Since when was this a "thing"?

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:14 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Wait, what? Is that from Awakening?

No. Link to where I learned: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/731475/Fire-Emblem-Franchise/#731475
System Administrator

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Since when was this a "thing"?

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:50 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:No. Link to where I learned: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/731475/Fire-Emblem-Franchise/#731475

Ah...

Nah, I've played both games. Path of Radiance and his exchanges with [s]Lethe and[/s] Elincia aside, by Radiant Dawn Ike is perfectly asexual. Soren though may be gay, his statements about Ike, the whole "the world may burn but you must live!" thing almost seems to bend that way. His loyalty was born out of Ike rescuing him as a child and looking past his "branded" status, but Ike never really makes a "confession" or any statement of devotion to him. Or to Ranulf for that matter.

There's also Sothe, who is just "gay for Ike" or so his actual love interest thinks. :lol:

In the ending of Radiant Dawn, Ike's epilogue says he sets off on a journey and is never seen again. If he has an "A" support with Soren, then Soren's epilogue says he goes with him. If Ranulf has an "A" support, then he goes on a journey to "see the world", but it's not stated that he went with Ike, and given what I can recall of midgame conversations, I think there's a distinct possibility he went alone, with Ike having just perked his curiosity to see things beyond Gallia.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:00 pm

:asuka_sad: My ship has sunk.

Glad I'm learning this now, so that my expectations are appropriately set when I do finally get around to playing the game. (Quoth the Shrek: "It's on my to-do list".) Further research even seems to indicate that Ike likely isn't gay because of a descendant revealed in Awakening...

...but he could be bi. :marihearts: This makes everything so so much better.
Last edited by Monk Ed on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
System Administrator

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:07 am

This thread reminds me that i gotta start playing Awakening again.

I basically stopped playing it like last december because i screwed up major and was stuck ;-;

looks like i'm gonna have to restart though :irked:

wish the game let you marry and get into relationships with the same sex though
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

I thought I heard this anyway... B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:35 am

^ I thought the player avatar could marry the crazy chick, regardless of gender?

but he could be bi.

For Radiant Dawn, you'd have to call it "Gay" if you tried at all, as by then even Lethe isn't showing *interest* in Ike anymore, and Ike doesn't act like he pines for the presence of anyone, 'cept maybe his Dad. Not like that.

The only lady who gives him attention at all that seems to hint "like" ( besides Calill, the resident flirt and by RD, married), would be Yune, and there's a few... obstacles that would keep that pairing from working.

One of those obstacles would be Sothe, who for all his man-crush I'm sure would still stab Ike in the back. And no, it's not because he likes Yune. Or is Yandere for Ike.

EDIT: I recall this thought, if you read into things, you might say Sanaki likes Ike too, but in RD she's more emotional about her sister.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Re: I thought I heard this anyway... B/

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:08 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:^ I thought the player avatar could marry the crazy chick, regardless of gender?

Nope.

And that's who I want to marry in the game. :shifty:
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

chazthesilencer
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:09 am

At some point this year I was finally able to nab a copy of Radiant Dawn and a Wii.

Good stuff:
    As much as I despise the term “epic”, I think it’s a rather fitting adjective for the game’s story. Civil unrest, insurrection, war, curses and challenging a god are just a few of the things that happen as you traverse Tellius.

The difficulty at the start of the game in particular is brutal, but hey- that just makes it all the more satisfying to beat.

Kings and Queens. Kings and Queens everywhere.

I found it hilarious that once again- good ol’ dragon-rider Jill could be made to switch sides mid-battle. That girl, you just can’t trust her.

The final chapter feels like a final level should. It’s bloody relentless.
Not so good stuff:
    As big and engaging as the story was- the decision to split it into multiple parts, following different units each time made it difficult to manage your squad, and often left your unit-building going to waste/ without reward.
    You’d be focused on building up one unit then the next thing you know- they’re unavailable next chapter, then the next, then the next, then they’re back- but you’ve got better units available, so you don’t bother selecting them. This happens a lot. The Laguz and most of the “Dawn Brigade” from the start of the game get the worst of this.

Marcia does kind of suck in this game, Alaska Slim was right. At least Elincia makes up for it.

The graphics still suck and there’s still no voice acting. At least there are a few more cut scenes to break the blocky monotony.
Bad stuff:
    Support conversations? What support conversations? Path of Radiance’s support system was an interesting one, I wouldn’t have minded seeing it return here, but for Dawn- all we get are generic greetings/ questions between the characters, nothing deeper than a puddle. Disappointing.

Coins and forging. Use a “coin” after forging a weapon and you will be presented with five cards (face down); you pick one, and depending on your choice the card might boost the attack power of your weapon and or other benefits, or it might do nothing at all. It all depends on the card you draw.
    Ha!
    Being the cheeky, save-scumming bastard I am- I reset the game after selecting a blank (no bonus) card and tried again. Blank card again. Reset. Blank card. Reset. Blank card. This happened five times.
    Motherf- I am either the unluckiest gambler in the world, or the game decides your benefit/ lack of benefit before you even use the coin and your card selection is completely meaningless. What a tease.

The final chapter. (Yeah, it has its bad side as well as good). I don’t think it’s much of a spoiler to say that it’s a 5-part/stage endurance (well, practically an endurance) round. You pick a dozen or so of your best units and to hell with the rest of them, so you better choose wisely. It ended the story well, but I was completely emotionally exhausted by the end of the third stage. I just wanted it all to end.

Fiona. The single worst unit I’ve ever seen in any Fire Emblem game. Her accuracy was abysmal. Useless.
Overall- an excellent story continuation and a satisfying sequel.

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Further research even seems to indicate that Ike likely isn't gay because of a descendant revealed in Awakening...
I’m willing to bet that Priam is a direct descendant of Mist (Ike’s sister). Her genes are nothing to sneeze at. Give her some EXP and the sonic sword and she’ll be a dragon-slaying MVP by the end of POR.

Bought a lot of the Awakening DLC.
I can safely say that Apotheosis is one of the hardest challenges I’ve ever faced in a video game. Only after learning practically every unit’s skill, using every Naga’s tear in my inventory and using only forged weaponry did I just barely manage to beat it.

Having collected all* of the support conversations in Awakening now, I would say that Lissa has the most painfully adorable S-supports of the game. Frederick’s probably the most amusing.
My new favourite (and the most heart-breaking) conversation in the game is a DLC bonus between Tiki and Nowi, in Harvest Scramble.

*I haven’t collected all of the child-father supports, I’m not that insane.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:08 pm

As much as I love FE series (I once made a marathon and played every part and remake I could get my hands on) But I couldn't finish Radiant Dawn. The squad changing part irritated me to no end and I was constantly thrown off the rythm. And without proper support conversation to make me care about characters, I just left the game unfinished, without regrets.

As for awakening... I was planing to get it, but then I learned about Lyn in DLC... And that you still can't ship her with tactician. I boycoted the game :irked:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”