The list of scripts/storyboards we have

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

The list of scripts/storyboards we have

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for the topic but I've been wondering for a while which storyboards/scripts exactly we have avalaible. There's plenty of discussion on wiki about EoE's earlier drafts and I remember Reichu bringing up storyboard or script explicitly mentioning little Misato is indeed building a "penis tower" in EoTV but I've never seen any of these. There are also images of storyboards used for cuts removed from finished episodes in Commentary Project

Suffice to say I'm very interested in these, translated or not. As of late I've been particularly interested in whatever background material of this kind we have on episode 23.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 21, 2013 6:12 pm

The storyboards exist in Dead Tree Format only (AFAIK) and are around 600 pages each (i.e., not likely to be scanned). Preliminary screenplays similarly exist only in Dead Tree Format (AFAIK); those books are slightly thinner, but also not likely to be scanned in full.

I can't even scan specific stuff at the moment (short of going to the library or something... since when does Reichu show herself in public?!) because I have no scanner.

The DVD scripts can be shared readily, though.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue May 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Okay then. Well, since I actually can some moonrunes these days I might consider buying them if I can find them from ebay or something like that. Can you give me the list of books that have the material? :)

Also, since you're in possession of the books I hope you can address my immediate concern that pique my interest.

In this sequence does storyboards and/or script say anything about Ritsuko's expression in the photo? The shift from smile to moody frown seems very much intentional, expressionistic touch to me.

Anno has played similar tricks before in Nadia. Gargoyle's mask is supposedly fixed and can't really change expression but in couple of scenes the way his "mouth" does curve as this kind of expressive touch.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 21, 2013 7:36 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Can you give me the list of books that have the material? :)

新世紀エヴァンゲリオン絵コンテ集1~5
新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版絵コンテ集
EVANGELION ORIGINAL I~III

For the new movies, everything's in the Complete Records Collections and the accompanying storyboard books.

In this sequence does storyboards and/or script say anything about Ritsuko's expression in the photo?

Nothing, I regret to say.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”