Gone to Guf. Back for Final. -- Love Gen & Fuyu

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:16 pm

^
It could had entered the Chamber of Guf during Second Impact, as for the metallic things for the Black Moon, if there indeed were some for it, they were probably destroyed when the BM crashed on Earth.

The 3.0 script depict the weird Moon spinning in 3.0 as our Moon, the one in the sky (they even modeled the Moon's real life landmarks on it!), and if the NGE lore for the Moon is the same in Rebuild, our Moon was the "external hull" of the BM, which protected it during its journey across the galaxy, the two component got separated when it crashed on Earth billions of years ago.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:00 pm

It's worth mentioning again that a moonlike surface not unlike the GUFO was seen in inside the old Nerv HQ in Eva-1.11. Here's the relevant screenshot for reference.

[wkimg width=600]File:Eva1-11 C1706 f.jpg[/wkimg]

Whether it is the GUFO, or even whether the GUFO has a moon-like surface is another question entirely. It could also be a part of the surface of the Black Moon, though I suspect the geometry is somehow wrong.

[wkimg width=600]File:Eva3-33 C1477 blackmoon.jpg[/wkimg]
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:01 am

^
Take in account the perception of scale: the Black Moon is several times larger than Mount Fuji, and in the first image we only see a tiny part of the wall structure, at eyes level.

Also, just after we have a very brief shot where you can distinguish a "diagonal cut" exactly like those covering the Black Moon :
Look at the left of the central conveyor belt.

Also, IIRC the conveyor belt is moving away from the wall at the top of the image, and toward the structure with a moonlike surface, meaning that Shinji and Misato were probably already inside the Black Moon, it's perfectly possible that it has various "rings" inside it, instead of being a monolithic block of whatever material is was made from except Lilith's Chamber. After all, NERV needed free space to install their installations.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:40 am

I made a post about the GUFO being the white moon on page 6 of this trhead, with pictures.. pretty pictures I did myself... with colour.

It explains how the white moon got into guff, why it is still there, why it doesn't appear to look like a chalice but actually is. I mention that the appendages are the blacks moons original features but where damaged in the crash etc etc etc. I explain how there is a glow around the object (Solar eclipse type deal)

Back then when I posted there wasn't a great deal of conversation on the topic. glad it has been brought up again.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”