"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Evangelion 3.33 FAQ

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:38 pm

That could be answered in the last film, but I feel their abscence more than anything indicates the 14 years have been violent times.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

RedPyramid_Head
Embryo

Postby RedPyramid_Head » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I have a theory about what happened at third impact, I'm not english speaker so forgive my spelling mistakes:

First of all, like other people in the forum, I believe that Lilith's core is inside EVA 01, an Adam, so that's the reason why shares some properties from both: It can become a giant of light as Adam, but it doesn't have the Fruit of Life like Mark 06 and EVA 13, which can be piloted without an umbilical cable.

So at 3I, the 12th angel easily reached Lilith because its core nature, which apparently make it bulletproof. After the 12h angel reached its goal, the 3I starts and the FOI were created imitating their god, Lilith, which core probably its inside EVA 01 (that's the reason of its shape). The way Mark 06 aborted 3I was cutting Lilith's Head and releasing the 12th angel (as Rei Q did so); that's the reason the FOI didn't have a head, trying again to imitate their god. The 12th angel now inside Mark 06 then tried to fuse with Lilith to continue 3I, being stopped by that EVA and both spears.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum! There are some pretty insane threads here dealing with what exactly happened during Third Impact -- you might be interested in reading through them and adding your thoughts. This particular thread is intended to address the FAQ hosted on our local wiki. It badly needs an update, so if you have any thoughts about what should be added or changed, please add them. Extensive speculation about Third Impact is probably a bit too ambitious for the FAQ and would require a devoted Theory page. I think I may have started one but I never got very far.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Evangelion 3.33 FAQ B/

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Just watched Rebuild 3.33.

Please point me to the nearest thread explaining why Kawrou put on the collar.

...and why he said Shinji opened up the Chamber of Guf, when the former clearly closed it with the Cassius Lance in 2.22.

SPOILER: Show
I'm thinking, alternate realities? Either that, or more time passed between beginning and end of 2.22's credits than a casual watch implies?

Also; Any noodle incident speculation on how Mark 06 went from taking EVA-01 down to possessed angel fodder.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Q

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:16 pm

You're posting in the FAQ thread... Did you try the FAQ that's linked in the first post? :p
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Q B/

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:33 pm

Hmmm... I think I still need a thread where we discussed this, I'm looking for why death was necessary, or if were assuming Kawrou was simply in error.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:33 am

Guys, some time ago I read on this forum someone saying that in the booklet or pamphlet of 3.0 Anno said that the third film was meant from the beginning to be the way we know it, so from the very beginning Khara had been thinking about time skip. Other people say that Anno rewrote the film's script several times and that the time skip was not planned from the beginning. Anno has rewritten the script several times and it seems to me possible, just think of the 2.0 CRCs in which they tell various scenes that are not in the film, but I would like to know if Khara had planned the time skip from the beginning. It would mean that the Rebuild was conceived in outline from the beginning, while the details were designed from time to time.

Does anyone know this thing?

Thanks
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:11 am

I’m sure Anno had a very basic outline of NTE’s story from the very beginning and the only thing that got reworked was the details on how to get from point A to B. Reworking the entire script out of the blue would be poor planning and 2.0 and 3.0 compliment each other too much for that to be the case.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm

3.0's bluray booklet does mention how the timeskip was planned from the start, yep. Like FriskyIan mentioned, too, a lot of what's in 2.0 (and even 1.0) wouldn't make as much sense story-wise without 3.0 happening afterwards.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

Postby BusterMachine4 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Well, there's still the possibility of the quote being some sort of Lucas-style "I always intended for this to happen, even though I didn't" retcon. Given that the early 2.0 drafts just had Rei die with no "give Ayanami back" moment, I don't see much room for the timeskip to have been planned from the beginning. Planned from at least 2.0's pre-production, yes, but not planned from the very beginning of the Rebuild saga. Back then, Anno still wanted the Rebuilds to be the original show with a higher budget.

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:52 pm

Thanks Sailor Star Dust, so the source is the 3.0's bluray booklet. Can I ask you the exact phrase written in the booklet? Thanks!
The time-skip doesn't logically depend on Rei, we know she can be replaced, and even without the Eva-01 awakening I think if they really had time-skip in mind then they would have invented a reason.
My Evangelion website

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby dzzthink » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:13 pm

can someone explain to me the significance of the time skip? What's the context for it?
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:48 pm

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:can someone explain to me the significance of the time skip? What's the context for it?

I'd gladly explain. Can you explain more soecifically what you mean?
In very broad terms I think it is about having to deal with sudden change, and having to adapt to it, as well as dealing with things that are forever lost (like time and things you missed out on).
The time skip also allows amplifying the consequences of Shinji's actions in 2.0 by a lot, making it even more challenging to deal with the situation.

Lastly it allows to show very different sides of the characters, and to introduce new ones (plus a new, innovative setting).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby dzzthink » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:43 pm

yeah that makes sense. As a theme, I think this is what they were going for. In terms of plot direction though I am a bit mixed on that.

There was no lead up from the previous movies. It was just normal plot from series then suddenly a time skip. Was it because , logically, the time it took to form wille needed to be long so 14 years time seemed to be reasonable?
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:20 pm

I think it needs to be 14 years so it is more shocking. 2 or 3 wouldn't have done it.
It's also approximately the time between End of Eva and 3.0. Approximately...

As for the previous films, if it isn't made too obvious, I think that works, since it is meant to be shocking. 2.0 IMO feels very different after knowing what happens after though, it works. There's a very sad finality to everything.
2.22 also has Kaji referencing Urashima Taro, which is foreshadowing 3.0.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urashima_Tar%C5%8D

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:45 pm

View Original PostBusterMachine4 wrote:Well, there's still the possibility of the quote being some sort of Lucas-style "I always intended for this to happen, even though I didn't" retcon.

One of the Complete Records Collection (2.0's CRC?) mentions Kaworu's seiyuu Akira Ishida knowing about certain twists by Anno since 1.0's recording, which falls in line with the timeskip happening.

The Rebuilds being "NGE episodes with a higher budget" rumor was (going by memory and the old Newtype USA articles I shared back in the day) just the hype men at King Records completely misunderstanding. They also assumed the new movies would be "an easier to digest" version of NGE, and uhh, welll....

View Original PostShun wrote:Thanks Sailor Star Dust, so the source is the 3.0's bluray booklet. Can I ask you the exact phrase written in the booklet? Thanks!

1.0 and 2.0's booklet have a train track metaphor (hmm, where else have we recently seen that :tongue: ) which is what 3.0's references. (From what I can tell, the information in Funimation's booklets are directly translated from Khara's BD booklets.)

Big picture! (Sorry for the blurriness, all the more reason to spoiler tag)  SPOILER: Show
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:16 pm

Thank you so much Sailor Star Dust!! :D
Akira Ishida's statements come from the Evangelion New Theatrical Edition: Q Records Collection.
https://wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Evangelion_Q_Records_Collection#Akira_Ishida_as_Kaworu_Nagisa
My Evangelion website

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby DantesInferno » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:07 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I think it needs to be 14 years so it is more shocking. 2 or 3 wouldn't have done it.
It's also approximately the time between End of Eva and 3.0. Approximately...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urashima_Tar%C5%8D

It’s also about how much the production of the movies got delayed overall!

Return to “Old Stickies”