Evangelion 3.33 FAQ

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:56 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Mari is examining different types of tea.

Seriously? Not to quote bad dubs, but "at a time like this"? Thought it was some holographic analyzing device.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:00 pm

I kid you not, it's tea. She is holographically analyzing it, though. Leaf grade and all that.
Photos  SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImage
;)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Haha! Mari just got 20% cooler in my eyes. :crush:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:31 am

She's British after all, thus she's genetically complied to regularly drink the precious British nectar even in the most inappropriate moment, especially in the most inappropriate moments. I'm sure that the first thing she did after Shinji escaped with Mark.09 was to ask for a cup of tea! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Here's something I'm frankly amazed isn't in the 3.0 FAQ: WILLE or NERV? Which of these guys are we supposed to be rooting for?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:16 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Here's something I'm frankly amazed isn't in the 3.0 FAQ: WILLE or NERV? Which of these guys are we supposed to be rooting for?

Obviously Wille.

They have the plucky new generation and stuff. Colors. Neo-Nerv is a graveyard.

Fuyutsuki is the only real human being there, and he's old and bitter, probably not that far from dying. And the most terrible thing is, Shinji's enough of a ghost of the past to belong there, without a doubt.

WILLE sure compromized their ethics big time, but they're still the ragtag bunch who still believes insaving that barren rock; it is to be admired.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:42 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Here's something I'm frankly amazed isn't in the 3.0 FAQ: WILLE or NERV? Which of these guys are we supposed to be rooting for?

It's not in the FAQ because it's obvious : for WILLE of course.
NERV want the end of the world, or whatever Singularity thing Gendo has planned, and want to impose it to the rest of mankind whether they want it or not, and completely destroyed the main character's sanity to further their plans, and even overthrown SEELE, the traditional bad guys of the franchise, while WILLE are the guys who wants to prevent the destruction of the world and still have faith in mankind's potential.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Fuyutsuki is the only real human being there, and he's old and bitter, probably not that far from dying. And the most terrible thing is, Shinji's enough of a ghost of the past to belong there, without a doubt.

WILLE sure compromized their ethics big time, but they're still the ragtag bunch who still believes insaving that barren rock; it is to be admired.

There's still one movie left you know, don't bury Shinji in the ashes of the past yet, and also we don't know the real state of the world beside Tokyo-3 and its surroundings. The technologies and supplies WILLE disposes of heavily imply that the Lilin are still numerous and strong.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:57 pm

At this point, I'm inclined to say Wille. Neo-Nerv is the clear antagonist in these films.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah, unless Shinji goes in full übermensch mode and take matters on his own hands and fuck everyone else's opinion, WILLE are the official good guys.

Hey, Madoka did it recently with Rebellion, I'm open to any possibilities! :D

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:55 pm

this will help. Thanks Reich.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:03 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Yeah, unless Shinji goes in full übermensch mode and take matters on his own hands and fuck everyone else's opinion, WILLE are the official good guys.

Hey, Madoka did it recently with Rebellion, I'm open to any possibilities! :D

Oh no, the last thing we need is for Shinji to take control of Instrumentality and trap everyone in his private waifu world, Homura-style.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Tumbling Down » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:10 pm

There's a rumor spreading on 4chan that a FINAL trailer is due in September. Is there any truth to this?

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:16 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:There's a rumor spreading on 4chan that a FINAL trailer is due in September. Is there any truth to this?

There's a good chance, but it'll probably be short, probably no longer than a typical next episode preview from the TV series, like 15-30 seconds. The Q trailer with Asuka in space was released after the NTV broadcast of 2.0, so if tradition holds, we'll get something as it's been almost 2 years since Q came out.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:19 am

We'll be all trolled when it's just a recut of the 08+02 vs MP Horde preview from Q.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:15 am

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:There's a rumor spreading on 4chan that a FINAL trailer is due in September. Is there any truth to this?

See here.

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Evangelion 3.33 FAQ

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:34 pm

Finally watched a non-camrip of this yesterday and been away from the forums for a min, so thanks, was looking for exactly this.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Kouzou
Banned

Postby Kouzou » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:55 pm

The real question is whether Shinji will be able to reverse time to avoid his incomplete 3rd Impact, whether it IS a continuation or NOT lol, and above all whether the narrative will continue to favor Shinji and Asuka's love story, since it arguably is favoring my favorite version, Shinji with his kinda mother, kinda sister, kinda Lilith, Rei. Also, poor Ritsuko's hair. Such an underrated and awesome woman, despite the horrible voice direction Colleen Clinkenbeard is forced to go. As a whole, it is also too soon to say if the Rebuild surpasses EoE. So far, it is great, and has incredible visuals, but does not surpass in complexity or enjoyment. Thoughts?
Yui Ikari: Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.
Kouzou Fuyutsuki: When Man created Evangelion, were we trying to create a clone of God?Yui Ikari: Of course. Humans can only exist on this Earth. But the Evangelion will be able to exist forever, along with the human soul that dwells within it. When the Earth, the Moon and the Sun are all gone, EVA will exist, so long as one person remains. It'll be lonely, but as long as one person still lives...Kouzou Fuyutsuki: ...it will be eternal proof that Mankind ever existed.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:04 am

I don't think there's anything arguable about the new movies favoring any sort of ship (it pretty clearly favors none), and I'd bet money that reversing time in any capacity simply isn't on the table (you can not redo).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Kouzou
Banned

Postby Kouzou » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:29 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I don't think there's anything arguable about the new movies favoring any sort of ship (it pretty clearly favors none), and I'd bet money that reversing time in any capacity simply isn't on the table (you can not redo).

We have Asuka cooking for Shinji and sacrificing for him, being the relatable unrequited lover girl. We have Rei being both motherly with the dinner, and opening up to Shinji(first Rei at least lol). He has shown sexual desire for both, but it's Rei he is showing the most concern over(such as accidentaly starting 3rd Impact to try and save her....which he might have kinda sorta down...ohhhh Anno, u crazy lol).
Well, if the time skip stays, Asuka is roughly 28 and Shinji nearing 15, so it puts him in too submissive of a role with her. Rei is about the same age, yet timeless and infinitely older...and a bit schizophrenic arguably. Perhaps Shinji will help her to achieve her humanity and Womanhood and be the only one who can get her pregnant. Asuka seems to be part of the love triangle, but is taking a back seat. All will be decided in the 4th... if Anno doesn't run away ;) He firmly stated that part of the theme is making a decision to run away or not is better than doing nothing in his JUNE interview among others. Hopefully, his wife will keep him inline so we have a great finish.... or maybe he will start a new series and say F it lol
Yui Ikari: Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.
Kouzou Fuyutsuki: When Man created Evangelion, were we trying to create a clone of God?Yui Ikari: Of course. Humans can only exist on this Earth. But the Evangelion will be able to exist forever, along with the human soul that dwells within it. When the Earth, the Moon and the Sun are all gone, EVA will exist, so long as one person remains. It'll be lonely, but as long as one person still lives...Kouzou Fuyutsuki: ...it will be eternal proof that Mankind ever existed.

TheChosenJuan
Embryo

Postby TheChosenJuan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:30 pm

View Original PostKouzou wrote:We have Asuka cooking for Shinji and sacrificing for him, being the relatable unrequited lover girl. We have Rei being both motherly with the dinner, and opening up to Shinji(first Rei at least lol). He has shown sexual desire for both, but it's Rei he is showing the most concern over(such as accidentaly starting 3rd Impact to try and save her....which he might have kinda sorta down...ohhhh Anno, u crazy lol).
Well, if the time skip stays, Asuka is roughly 28 and Shinji nearing 15, so it puts him in too submissive of a role with her. Rei is about the same age, yet timeless and infinitely older...and a bit schizophrenic arguably. Perhaps Shinji will help her to achieve her humanity and Womanhood and be the only one who can get her pregnant. Asuka seems to be part of the love triangle, but is taking a back seat. All will be decided in the 4th... if Anno doesn't run away ;) He firmly stated that part of the theme is making a decision to run away or not is better than doing nothing in his JUNE interview among others. Hopefully, his wife will keep him inline so we have a great finish.... or maybe he will start a new series and say F it lol

I'm not even so shure how much he still has to do in the last movie/s. He either is the solely plot-twister or technically second place, to make the movie more mainstream and appealing to non fans. This is what I at least saw in the 3rd rebuild.

But Rei seemed to me more like the motherly device and not an actual love interest. At least Rei talked how she wanted him to feel the same warmth with his father as she did. Presuambly hinting to her "former" life as Yui.
Asuka seems then to be more the Tsundere type, but it's hard to grasp how any positive realtionship seems to be possible between the two, since she always saw him as a spoiled brat and he never did anything to prove her the oppsoite so far. But I might just be jumping on the same train many other reviewers and fans go here.

And Shinji is probably in his late 20's as well. Being in suspended animation doesn't stop the time around you; and if the others didn't age so why should you? (Even though I find the whole not aging because Eva's crap pretty dumb, since everyone else got older and probably also got in contact with LCL, so wtf?)
This is my first geekforum since Coraline, so it better be good here!

Return to “Old Stickies”