PM delivery delay

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

PM delivery delay

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 pm

I sent a PM to someone who is clearly online but the PM continues to sit in my Outbox and has been there still for a while now. What exactly is the rule for when the PM gets sent from the Outbox to the Sentbox? Does the recipient have to actually open it, for example?

EDIT: I checked my Outbox right after making this topic and the thing finally went through :lol:.

EDIT 2: Thank you riffraff.
Last edited by Monk Ed on Wed May 08, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Re: PM delivery delay

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:34 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Does the recipient have to actually open it, for example?

Yeah, that's it. The recipient has to open the message before it's moved from the Outbox to the Sentbox.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed May 08, 2013 9:35 pm

The recipient has to log in before it moves to the inbox, that way the sender can edit up until that point.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed May 08, 2013 9:37 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:The recipient has to log in before it moves to the inbox, that way the sender can edit up until that point.

I figured that much, what I wasn't sure about was whether it (on my end) goes from the Outbox to the Sentbox as soon as they log on, or if they have to actually look at their inbox or open the message or something.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”