All Studio Trigger stuff goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Clearly she's Mako's maid of honor, and wearing a frilly dress for a day to support her friend isn't going to change who she is. You know she's probably got some clunky old sneakers on under that, right? ^_^

I missed this post and I think it's a far better reason for her to wear that. Ryuko wouldn't mind wearing something like that for the sake of her bestie!

Fireball, I still entirely disagree with you about Ryuko getting married, although you're right about the abundant bridal imagery surrounding the Kamui.

Mako x Gamagori? Yes, please. No objections at all! :kaos_akuma:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Devas by Imaishi:
SPOILER: Show

Now the animators are making drawings with titles of songs.
“Darling, be held by me and get hot" Hideki Nakagawa:

"Fireworks" by Ishida:

"Got my license" by Sugimoto:

Ryuko and Mako roadtrip anime please.

"Ah, the Blood of the Bosom of Youth" by Igarashi:

"I can't stay a dreamer" by Ikeda:

Have the text for this one now. Nothing surprising.

Mako: Ryuko-chan, hurry up!

Ryuko: ‘kay, ‘kay.

Mataro: Uoohh we’re gonna be late!

Original genga:

Sushio:

Handa (same guy as Alien Mako):

^ badass

"Sushio congratulated someone who won a Weiss Schwarz competition with a KLK deck."

Handa:

Sushio 2015 card, also known as one of the best things I've ever seen (and a little late, sorry):
ImageImage

Handa's evil twin Ryuko:

Sushio I guess, a wintercoat Senketsu:

Nudist Beach Ryuko and Satsuki. Left Imaishi, right Sushio:

Sushio:

^ That's some beautiful art.

Imaishi storyboard, Sushio genga:

Epic scene is epic (and I'll just link it cuz it's a lot):
http://sushiobunny.tumblr.com/post/107400592034/kill-la-kill-genga-key-frames

Yeah I can just link some of these.
Susghio's concept of the art that comes woth the BD.
http://sushiobunny.tumblr.com/post/108158520143/kill-la-kill-dvd-sketches-sushio

Yoshinari:

Sushio art:

He did a TTGL one too:

Sushio, 2nd opening (lol at the "BOSS"):

Sushio, first opening Mako:
Pics here:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/108846873840/h0saki-mako-key-frames-from-opening-1

Episode 20 naked Satsuki fighting the Covers (Saito):
Pics here:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/108846953175/h0saki-dont-mess-with-satsuki-kiryuin-one

Well, there ya have some art.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:48 am

Isn't that a wintercoat Junketsu, not Senketsu?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:29 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Nudist Beach Ryuko and Satsuki. Left Imaishi, right Sushio:

Now I wanted to have Ryouko stay in ND for some time and have the adventures of the Badass Sisters Commando fighting the COVERS with guns and swords, that would had been epic!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:23 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Isn't that a wintercoat Junketsu, not Senketsu?

It's my lack of sleep showing. :lol:

Now I wanted to have Ryouko stay in ND for some time and have the adventures of the Badass Sisters Commando fighting the COVERS with guns and swords, that would had been epic!

I'm still waiting for the potential TTGL crossover, where anything could happen.

Well, take a look at the most awesome figure ever made (and that you can't take photos of yet, theoretically):

Can post some art too.
Key animation from Satsuki's and Ryuko's kamui transformation:
https://36.media.tumblr.com/37eae23262655c32a20e55586437b7ab/tumblr_njflvh7yJZ1tlp7cko1_400.jpg
Ryuko vs Satsuki KA:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/110366627435/h0saki-ryuko-vs-satsuki-key-frames-taken-from

Ryuko KA:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/110357204275/h0saki-ryuko-key-frames-taken-from-the-klk-key

Cute Sushio pic:

More KA:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/110286837880/h0saki-my-klk-key-art-collection-vol-2-arrived

Ryuko growing up from episode 8 KA:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/110292283215/h0saki-key-frames-of-ryukos-childhood-taken

Satsuki in pain because Junketsu:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/110324513005/h0saki-key-frames-from-the-scene-where-satsuki

Satsuki KA:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/110324536720/h0saki-satsuki-key-frames-taken-from-klk-key-art

Sushio is awesome:

Sushio Ryuko designs:

If you want to see Sushio's concept art of child Ryuko and...child Gamagori (!!) click this link:
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/110013351800/h0saki-concept-art-of-kindergarten-satsuki

Saito. There's an oni day in Japan?

Sushio Ryuko and Satsuki designs:
http://sushiobunny.tumblr.com/post/109868543840/h0saki-finished-designs-of-satsuki-and-ryuko

Pic by Kengo Saito that appeared shortly after Ursus criticized the Ryuko in a dress pic:
Yes, it's Ryuko reading a girls fashion magazine. :lol:
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:54 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Pic by Kengo Saito that appeared shortly after Ursus criticized the Ryuko in a dress pic:
Yes, it's Ryuko reading a girls fashion magazine. :lol:

Ryuko seems a bit disgruntled by what she sees. I'm sure she'll turn out to be a fantastically good fashion designer for tomboys! :smirk:

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:43 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Ryuko seems a bit disgruntled by what she sees.

She is at first...but then she discovers her love for dresses. This pic is just a prequel to the other one. :mwahaha:
On a more serious note (even though this topic is prett nerdy :lol: ), I'd say she's embarassed wearing what a typical beautiful girl would wear. Just like I'd feel weird wearing what's considered "cool" for people of my age. It's like "Hey, I'm allowed to wear the same things you wear, and I look awesome in it" even though I think I don't. But she'd secretly like to wear something like that. Maybe.
This is just guess work and self projection.
As weird as it is, this show "about clothes" doesn't comment too much on this particular thing.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:51 pm

^I think the show does subtly imply that one should be content with one's clothing, no matter how odd it may seem. Ryuuko has to learn to stop being embarrassed by Senketsu, while Satsuki is initially more powerful in the very similar Junketsu because she isn't embarrassed by it; you could interpret that to mean that even if two people are wearing something similar, you are ultimately as powerful as you feel you are. Ultimately, when Ryuuko is forced into the fancier Junketsu it's an image of what she thought she might want (the wedding illusion, Ragyo as a mother, etc.) rather than her true desires (cue Mako and Senketsu gate-crashing) which could reflect how wearing something more expensive or traditionally 'beautiful' (well, compared to a delinquent sailor fuku) doesn't bring happiness; what you thought you wanted may not be what you need.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:20 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Ryuko seems a bit disgruntled by what she sees. I'm sure she'll turn out to be a fantastically good fashion designer for tomboys! :smirk:

If she even want to become a fashion designer, for all we know she ends as a cop just to be able to legally beat the crap out of the bad guys! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:51 pm

EDIT2: I JUST FOUND THE BEST THING EVER (It has to be official, it was displayed during an Aniplex event).
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/ac9b4501dfcd3730d5465d65b47a22711395762253_full.jpg
--------------
View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:what you thought you wanted may not be what you need.

And a more general interpretation: Even if you do want it, just stop worrying about shit and do what you feel confortable doing.
Mako is the "dumb" one, but she's the one that represents the message the most.

If she even want to become a fashion designer, for all we know she ends as a cop just to be able to legally beat the crap out of the bad guys!

Actually Nakashima said Ryuko knows how to treat kids and would be happy taking care of them as a job.
Yes, Ryuko is the definitive person.
(Another thing one would not associate with a gangsta. Ryuko is 2deep4us.)

Edit: Does anyone know how exactly garage kits work?
http://www.plastikitty.com/home/summer-wonfest-2014-garage-kits-kill-la-kill
Like these ones. I know they are not official (I have seen one that was a little too revealing, even for Trigger), but can you buy them? Are they expensive?

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:07 pm

I had a crazy idea for a KLK season 2 which I actually got from a dream. It goes something like this:

- When Ragyo crushed her heart at the end of the series, she didn't actually die. Rather she was "Playing possom" and simply disintegrated into still-living life fibres. She floated back down to Earth and possessed a suitable host body- Maiko Ogure.
- After the graduation ceremony and Rei's failure to destroy Ryuuko and Satsuki, she took full control of Maiko and slipped away into hiding, discovering the remains of her old lab. There, she built a device to harvest the remains of Senketsu from the atmosphere- which also contained Nui's life fibre DNA.
- Using the collected life fibres, she began to kidnap unfortunate victims and splice them with the Senketsu/Nui life fibres, making them into horrendous monsters and unleashing them on the populace (keeping herself out of the line of fire of course).
- Her monsters become more and more advanced until she is able to make fully-sentient warriors rather than mere beasts. Still adopting the guise of Maiko, she manages to gather supporters and followers (as part of an insane cult worshipping life fibres she has created) who willingly put on her "Hidō iryō" (Infernal Clothing) and wreak havoc, with power close to that of a kamui. Soon a full-scale uprising of the life fibre cult erupts, with the intention of taking control of the city (I can't remember exactly where Ragyo's old HQ were).
- Ryuuko and Satsuki notice fairly quickly and go to try and fight the uprising, armed with Nudist Beach tech courtesy of Tsumugu and Aikuro, but are unprepared for the sheer power of the new life fibre warriors- and when Maiko/Ragyo shows up they are pushed back out of the city. However, they do manage to evacuate the city and they do defeat 1 warrior, and take the remains of her "armour" for analysis.
-With her base of operations set up and fully fortified, Ragyo begins her next experiment- fully ressurecting Nui. She has discovered the technology to clone life fibres, and manages to bring Nui back to life from a single thread of life fibre. However, Nui still has a bit of Senketsu in her, and as such is a flawed being- whilst she is normally much the same as "old Nui" she is physically grossly deformed, and she exhibits occasional mental instability.
-Ryuuko and Satsuki give the remains of the life fibre armour to Shiro, who is able to reverse engineer the fibres into new Goku Uniforms for the Elite 4 a new pair of Kamui for Ryuuko and Satsuki. However, they are not as powerful as the originals, and are also non-sentient. However, he theorizes that if they were able to gather enough life fibres that Senketsu and Junketsu could theoretically be restored to life.
-Wasting no time, Ryuuko, Satsuki and the Elite 4 venture to the wreckage of Honnouji to retrieve the Scissor Swords. However, Ragyo's new minions- including Nui- are already there- to find the remains of the original life fibre!
Can Ryuuko and her friends defeat the revived Ragyo and her army and destroy the original life fibre once and for all? Can Senketsu be restored? And is the new Nui all that she seems?

Yeah, I have silly dreams.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:15 pm

When my KlK hype was at maximum I dreamt I was Ryuko...
Fighting a guy who was so fust you couldn't see him, so I had to run just as fast. This took place before the supermarket I always went to. Mercadona. KlK in front of Mercadona. :facepalm: :lol:
The drem ended before the actual fight. I remember it very little.

Before the OVA I dreamt Soroi was in jail for some reason? :bigeyes: I only remember an image, nothing more.

Those are actually some of the more sane dreams I've had lol. Don't know what that says about me as a person.

Wanna make sure nobody misses this (official) work of art:
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/ac9b4501dfcd3730d5465d65b47a22711395762253_full.jpg

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:40 pm

So I dun did Ryuuko Matoi in an HR Giger styled gribbly biomechanical Senketsu.

Rough pencil sketch on kinda crappy paper so it doesn't look so great. I tried.

Drawfaggotry  SPOILER: Show
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 pm

^That's a cool idea.

Have you guys seen the whole art for the music CDs?
Sirius:

Ending 1:
Kinda horrifying. :um:

Ambiguous:

KlK is on Toonami now, right?

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:25 pm

First episode aired yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZYUEw6y_hk

Here is a great breakdown on KlK's visual direction and why the show has more energy than most anime despite having less actual frames.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:11 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZYUEw6y_hk

Here is a great breakdown on KlK's visual direction and why the show has more energy than most anime despite having less actual frames.

That video was good! I always thought KlK was interesting visually. It's nice to see people making analysis like this.
I always thought Dragon Ball did the weight thing to. Even though it was a static comic, it felt like it had movement, you could feel those punches!
Eva does this too, for example in the EoE fight. This weight thing makes for awesome action.
I also noticed this when comparing the Sahaquiel scene from the original series (which is awesome in its own right) and the Rebuild version. The Rebuild version is a lot more satisfying because of Eva-01's stomping. You see the foot sink into the ground, and there is the tension mentioned in the video, because you know she's going to jump, and when she does the ground basically explodes.

I've also noticed thanks to this video that the uniform stealing kid had a porn magazine hiding in its desk. True Shonen Jump style intelligent comedy.
Also, this means there are female nipples in KlK, and thus in the KlK universe. It was just censoring all along!

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:10 pm

So Hiroyuki Imaishi and Yoh Yoshinari were at Anime Expo this year and were reluctant to draw Eva (although a friend of mine did convince Yoshinari to later draw an Eva-01), so I ended up with KLK instead:

Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Well, color me jealous. Those are some nice sketches-- particularly the Nonon one on the bottom.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:36 am

I didn't clarify - Imaishi is at top, Yoshinari is the bottom one. Didn't have a ready reference so one of his people pulled up her first outfit.

They were also doing Gurren Lagann sketches for a bit but I haven't seen that series yet.

Could have gone for them a 3rd day in a row on Saturday but opted for Eiko Tanaka (STUDIO4°C CEO) and Keiji Iinafune (Mega Man co-creator and illustrator) instead.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:49 am

Bayonetta 2 designer and MGR Revengeance director would like to make a KlK game.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/14/platinum-games-kenji-saito-would-like-to-make-kill-la-kill-or-berserk-game/

Also, new book by Sushio, shown by the guy himself (he has been releasing pics for a year I think):
http://www.mediafire.com/?e9kexoert75xikd

Return to “Studio Trigger”