Shinji in 4.0 Speculation Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
trkk-KAAN
Lilith

[SPOILERS] Shinji in 4.0 Speculation Thread

•      
  •      

Postby trkk-KAAN » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 pm

How would the WILL-E staff treat Shinji after he caused Fourth Impact, how would Misato react to Shinji still alive?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:38 pm

1. They'd lynch him for sure.
2. She'd consider the possibility of putting him in a chemically induced coma to keep him out of trouble without killing him.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm

They'd shoot him. He caused an Impact twice. Twice.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:17 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:They'd shoot him. He caused an Impact twice. Twice.

Not his fault.

First time around they never told the poor kid they're putting him in a world-ending machine.

Second time around they didn't learn and still didn't explain jack, so when Kaworu proposed a possible solution to a very desperate and distraught Shinji he went for it with his whole heart even after Kaworu starting smelling something fishy.

His guardians consistently failed to educate or support him in the tasks they forced on him.
WALLE staff have zero right to judge him.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:26 pm

I keep picturing a scene along the lines of this, myself:

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/1137837

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:27 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:WILLE staff have zero right to judge him.

Which they totally did anyway in Q.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:They'd shoot him. He caused an Impact twice. Twice.

I'd like to see them try, and see what the "battery" of their precious Wunder thinks about it.

:devil:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:01 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Which they totally did anyway in Q.

My point exactly. This time, they wouldn't even give him him the benefit of the doubt. The WILLE people would just shoot him, like a dog. Whether they have a right to do it or not is unimportant; they will just the same.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:25 pm

I wonder if Misato will be dragging Shinji around a hostile environment again, EOE-style, but with Wille standing in for the JSSDF...

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:44 pm

They'll probably keep him isolated while they discuss what to do with him, someone will suggest they put him down but someone else will convince them not to do it.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Sheesh, no word of the fourth movie yet and people already speculating (claiming) WILLIE is going to give Shinji some sort of death sentence. Besides, we all know Yui would rip through the AAA Wunder before that ever happened.

:irked:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:They'll probably keep him isolated while they discuss what to do with him, someone will suggest they put him down but someone else will convince them not to do it.

If anybody, it would be Misato. She was the one who hesitated to put him down in the first place.

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm

The second impact he caused was his fault, though. Like he did in 2.0, 3.0 saw him lose his grip on his emotions. Disastrous things happen when Shinji lets his emotions run away with themselves and cloud his better judgment. While Third Impact wasn't really his fault and was merely an accident, he should still take responsibility and try to make up for his mistake. But Fourth Impact was clearly a lapse in judgment on his part.

WILLE will kill him if they get their hands on him, regardless of what Misato has to say about it. Or at least they'll try, at which point Yui will tear their ship apart from the inside and destroy them all.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:12 pm

ayyy lmao
Last edited by Clover on Sat May 02, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm

View Original PostLennik wrote:The second impact he caused was his fault, though. Like he did in 2.0, 3.0 saw him lose his grip on his emotions. Disastrous things happen when Shinji lets his emotions run away with themselves and cloud his better judgment. While Third Impact wasn't really his fault and was merely an accident, he should still take responsibility and try to make up for his mistake. But Fourth Impact was clearly a lapse in judgment on his part.

He had basically no information to work from. You can't blame his judgement when they didn't provide what he needed to make an informed decision. As a kid he's perfectly justified to fall back to emotion when reason fail. The adults are suppose to know that. It's their lapse in judgement to wake him up just to confuse and ignore him and end up with a shitstorm.

Shinji is a good kid with a good but damaged heart who is thrown into ridiculous situations by selfish adults.

Just look at this: he just woke up after what he has been told was 14 years of apocalyptic nightmare and it's all his fault.

SPOILER: Show
And yet he still greets his elders properly

Also massive props to the "coward" Fuyutsuki for being the only adult to reveal some of the horrible truth that surrounds them to Shinji.

In the end WALLE have no choice but to NOT attempt harming him for 3 simple reasons:

-He's the protagonist
-Yui will rip them a new one if they try
-Yui (and thus Shinji) are the only hope they have against Gendo, because plot will demand Shogouki's return

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm

TMB: It's "Wille". As in, German for "will".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:He had basically no information to work from. You can't blame his judgement when they didn't provide what he needed to make an informed decision. As a kid he's perfectly justified to fall back to emotion when reason fail. The adults are suppose to know that. It's their lapse in judgement to wake him up just to confuse and ignore him and end up with a shitstorm.

So he's not in any way to blame for the fact that he made a bad decision without the proper information? Kaworu tried to warn him, and he didn't listen, because like any traumatized young adult, he's letting his emotions take over and override his better judgment.

Yes, Shinji is a good kid who doesn't deserve what's happened. But that doesn't mean he isn't responsible for some of it.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Sure he's not completely guiltless but the adults could have prevents this by acting like actual adults.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 pm

I don't know that Shinji will ever make it to Wille. For all we know he might just bail on Asuka, and Rei-Q at a moment when the option presents itself.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 pm

It wouldn't make sense to end it all without another confrontaion with Misato and without retriving Shogouki out of Wunder.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”