Futurama Cancelled... 2nd Time

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Futurama Cancelled... 2nd Time

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:40 pm

You read it right: after the seventh season coming up on June, it'll be it for Futurama, as Comedy Central will not renew the show. Here's one of the links:
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/04/futurama-cancelled-again/

My two cents:
To be fair, Futurama isn't as rich as it was in the beginning of it (Many episodes of Volume 3 and 4, by DVD order, weren't as funny as 1 and 2, as an example). And honestly, I wasn't that excited to have more Futurama, but I didn't mind as long as the new ones are decent. Some new ones are good, while some aren't that great, and beg you to ask if they care more about making money out of this than the story of the episodes. Sad that we will miss Futurama for the 2nd time... Comedy Central, you are no longer filled with comedy. ... except for the Colbert Report, he still is the better man of the channel. (if South Park ends, I'll officially call Comedy Central "SCUM"! ... yeah even South Park's losing its touch, but it's still better than other comedy shows that are way overrated!)

sephiros
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby sephiros » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Yeah, I probably wouldn't watch CC if it wasn't for Futurama, South Park, and some of the comedians, but they don't even play stand up specials that much anymore. Most of the comic specific show kinda suck. I don't know what I'd do without the Colbert Report, thats the only news show on when I'm awake and not in class. But back to Futurama, its sad it got cancelled, but I know it won't be going anywhere. It hung around on [AS] for four years after all. Hopefully it'll get picked up again after a couple seasons off.
Godzilla never had an AT Field!!
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.
Your victory was a Deus Ex Machina, ergo that cake is a lie!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:50 pm

It's probably the right time to do it, otherwise it'll just keep going and get old and stale like simpsons and family guy
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Film and Video”